• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

A sad, sad day in the history of my SHO.....

Started by bpd1151, May 17, 2019, 09:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpd1151

Well, it's with much dismay I find myself writing this. However, as a good friend told me recently, time to rip the proverbial Band-Aid off of/from the wound.

Late last Friday afternoon, with only a mere few hours remaining until I was supposed to retrieve my SHO, I received a completely unexpected call.

My SHO would not be completed.

Keeping this brief, because I don't have any specifics at this time, I was told my built motor suffered an unknown internal component failure that occurred on the dyno during the tune revision process.

The motor has to be dropped, torn down, and diagnosed.

An incredibly unfortunate development. The timing of which couldn't be worse.

Since learning this information, I have had to drop out from the Ford National's. Which is problematic as I was slated to be one of twelve "featured vehicles" at this year's invitational. The staff there was NOT happy about this last minute notification.

I likely won't ever get that opportunity again.

I don't care for this thread to turn into a $h!t show, but thought an explanation was warranted as obviously questions will be asked as to why I was a "no show" as well as to why no updates have been provided since I dropped my SHO off at LMS on April 9th, 2019.

I'm in no position at this time to provide details, or entertain rumors, speculation, etc. as financially this couldn't of come at a worse time given a new house, and a 3rd child entering college this Fall. Least not to mention an understandably upset wife who is questioning how I was able to drive my SHO 4.5hrs away w/o any problems whatsoever, only to be given the aforementioned news I was given.

I have no answers for her, or any of you at this time.

To date, I arranged for a flat bed to remove my vehicle and bring her home. She'll sit for a while until I can figure out how to proceed.

Simply put, that's it. In a nutshell.

I will have to live vicariously through all of your experiences in the short and mid terms.

Thank you all for your time in reading this.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Macgyver

Oh dear.

Well Family first and someday may your SHO breath new life.

Please dont stop posting as your knowledge here is indispensable.

ecoboostsho

Oh wow. I'm very sorry to hear this..

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

SHOdded

Really sorry to hear this, and echo the sentiments above.  Definitely a great loss to the Nationals as well.

Time to chill for a bit, and ponder.  You and the SHO will bounce back in style, as always. 
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Quikv6

So I rarely log into this site and the time I do, I see this!! WTF man! I'm so sorry to hear/read this. Your SHO is an ICON of the Gen 4s. Record holder for so many years and so many firsts were accomplished with it. Please keep us posted on what went wrong and what direction you're going. Sad you won't be making it to Carlisle this year.

Kevin
2013 SHO +PP Custom dual feed intake, 160 t-stat, SW catless DP's, Hot pipes, Turbosmart BOV,  3bar & Snow Performance stage 3 methanol TUNED BY TORRIE Megan coilovers, Staggered wheels and tires.
2015 Roush Mustang VMP supercharged 750RWHP
2019 Ranger Lifted Mini Mall Crawler also Tuned by Torrie

Gjkrisa

Wow that sucks I couldn't imagine if I was in the same spot and for it to happen at probably the one place for the sho that has lots of pride of tuning in safest parameters.

Be interesting to see what they find.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

ZSHO

Oh My! So Sorry to hear about this unexpected news!
I guess we cannot predict whats going to happen the next minute!! These things unfortunately happen to the best of us! 
Keep your chin up Bpd1151 and surely you will bounce back better than ever. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

802SHO

I am very sorry to hear that this happened!  Your car and you are the very reason I wanted to get my hands on a SHO!  I randomly watched one video of you racing a Boss 302 mustang ...and I said, "What is that?"  I started searching and I really thought it was a typo that the SHO was a TT3.5 AWD.  That front chin spoiler looked so good I knew I wanted that car and that chin spoiler!  I even wanted it in White and found a black and white one to look at in MA.  The black one had 52k and the white had 78k.  I looked at the black one first and decided on the 52k starting point down my road to emulate your build and style. 

Your car has been an icon of this platform and has set the bar for performance and reliability.  Which makes this even harder to digest.  I truly wish you are given no BS explanations or misdiagnosis of what ultimately happened that day on the dyno.  I say that bc I am skeptical of your built motor having said vague issue as you basically added (better) fuel pressure and volume, (better) cooling and (better) spark!   
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

StealBlueSho

This is most unfortunate to say the least! Yes, you have been on the forefront of development for this platform and have helped move the needle for everyone.

Let alone the help you have provided to a lot of SHO owners that isn't made public since you take the time to respond to people's messages.

I have no doubt you will be back up and running along smashing down some new records sooner rather than later.

Or... perhaps you will have to play catch-up to yours truly ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shoNoff

Wow what a sad sad day for the SHO community. Bpd I'm really sorry this happened to you. I really hope you were given proper reasons and explanation for what happened. You have just been so meticulous throughout your build. I guess anything can happen building a car. But that just really sucks. You and your car are an icon and gave us all something to chase. Again like others have said seeing your videos made me want an SHO. Keep your head up better days are coming and that beast will be back one day I just know it.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

76fomoco

Very sorry to hear about this I was also looking forward to your build and to see the next level.
2013 PP AJP E30 160 TS, sp542 plugs, 3 bar, PPE catted DP's, GH IC, GH turbos, XDI-35, EPP hot and intake
Best 3-29-21  11.85 with 3000 DA
DA trap best 117.96
E30 = 492 whp, 536 wtq
E30+meth 498 whp, 539 wtq

AJP turbo

Sorry mike...at least summer has not even started yet...sometimes bad things happen to bad people..er um good people I mean

And just goes to show that sometimes good parts and good tunes aren't immune to having bad things happen...we love to have the cake and eat it too but honestly we have basically supercar power in a Ford that really doesn't cost much money
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

bpd1151

Thanks Brad. I'll take that shot over the bow proudly for having made fun of your shoes previously.

But yes, stuff happens.

I find myself on the very literal front end of a fact finding expidition.

Gathering and compiling. In the interim I'll respectively digress and muzzle myself.

Good hearing from 'ya pal.

Dxlnt1

Too bad you qualified this post with "no speculation!" That being said, Ill reserve those comments. But yeah what a bummer. But God doesnt allow you to go through stuff that his grace cant get you out of. On a brighter note, you have another car to drive. And a means to pay for repairs. Although it will likely be extremely tight, think of those who have no means of recovery.

Your lead sled will be back soon! No doubt. Your love for your investment wont let it be any other way. Best wishes and speedy recovery for the SHO!
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

TopherSho

Quote from: bpd1151 on May 17, 2019, 09:37:05 PM
Well, it's with much dismay I find myself writing this. However, as a good friend told me recently, time to rip the proverbial Band-Aid off of/from the wound.

Late last Friday afternoon, with only a mere few hours remaining until I was supposed to retrieve my SHO, I received a completely unexpected call.

My SHO would not be completed.

Keeping this brief, because I don't have any specifics at this time, I was told my built motor suffered an unknown internal component failure that occurred on the dyno during the tune revision process.

The motor has to be dropped, torn down, and diagnosed.

An incredibly unfortunate development. The timing of which couldn't be worse.

Since learning this information, I have had to drop out from the Ford National's. Which is problematic as I was slated to be one of twelve "featured vehicles" at this year's invitational. The staff there was NOT happy about this last minute notification.

I likely won't ever get that opportunity again.

I don't care for this thread to turn into a $h!t show, but thought an explanation was warranted as obviously questions will be asked as to why I was a "no show" as well as to why no updates have been provided since I dropped my SHO off at LMS on April 9th, 2019.

I'm in no position at this time to provide details, or entertain rumors, speculation, etc. as financially this couldn't of come at a worse time given a new house, and a 3rd child entering college this Fall. Least not to mention an understandably upset wife who is questioning how I was able to drive my SHO 4.5hrs away w/o any problems whatsoever, only to be given the aforementioned news I was given.

I have no answers for her, or any of you at this time.

To date, I arranged for a flat bed to remove my vehicle and bring her home. She'll sit for a while until I can figure out how to proceed.

Simply put, that's it. In a nutshell.

I will have to live vicariously through all of your experiences in the short and mid terms.

Thank you all for your time in reading this.

Sir, I can deeply sympathize,  you have my condolences.
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction