• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

A sad, sad day in the history of my SHO.....

Started by bpd1151, May 17, 2019, 09:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GhostlyGrenade

well the reason i wondered was because of these: 
2015 SHO Darkside paint color, 3 bar, Motorcraft SP542 plugs@0.28, MSD Coils, K&N drop in, Continental Extreme Contact tires 255/45R20, EBC Yellow pads, 170 T-Stat, Redline 5w30, updated to the 2018+ trans mount, E-30 Blend, TUNED by AJPTurbo

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

jman

"... being a 5 year old motor..."

Hate shops that seem to only want to work on new vehicles and look at yours as a piece of garbage just because its "experienced".

2010 - Unleashed Tune - Corsa Exhaust - 275/40-R20 - H&R Springs

StealBlueSho

The damage was already done before they put it on the dyno? Then why did they put it on the dyno to begin with?

..... here comes the LMS PR machine... I wonder what poor guy they are saddling with that task...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

802SHO

IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

GhostlyGrenade

Maybe they will come forward with the full story and find a path to make it right. LMS is a very common vendor in this community so i am sure they will want to retain customer faith and loyalty. I am very curious as to what happened, because it seemed like it was built right and very well maintained.
2015 SHO Darkside paint color, 3 bar, Motorcraft SP542 plugs@0.28, MSD Coils, K&N drop in, Continental Extreme Contact tires 255/45R20, EBC Yellow pads, 170 T-Stat, Redline 5w30, updated to the 2018+ trans mount, E-30 Blend, TUNED by AJPTurbo

shoNoff

That's a crock of s***. I'm sorry it is. So they knew he made "bad decisions." Yet they made a more horrible one dynoing the car? How does that make any sense? Then turn and blame it on the customer. Friggin classic. I know I better keep quiet don't want to talk bad about the all mighty livernois. They can do no wrong just ask them.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

LostnEye

2013 Tuxedo Black/Mayan Grey PP, GH AO, GH IC, H&Rs, AD mounts

ZSHO

Under Newest Comments First! Z

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSlvKcG3neo

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

shoNoff

2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

StealBlueSho

Quote from: shoNoff on June 06, 2019, 08:26:02 PM
Quote from: LostnEye on June 06, 2019, 07:53:52 PM
Quote from: GhostlyGrenade on June 06, 2019, 02:43:11 PM
well the reason i wondered was because of these:
What forum is that?

Looks like YouTube comments possibly

Youtube... for sure

Livernois Motorsports

alright, we had hoped the full info would have been disclosed by Mike with his posting because of our long standing relationship, but it's time to clear some things up.

we never once recommended, nor were consulted about the modifications he made. Consulting your tuner BEFORE changing parts is critical, regardless of who that shop may or may not be.

Installing aftermarket injectors, and driving the vehicle without proper tuning is bad on a port injection car, but on a DI car really can be catastrophic

The spark plugs were replaced because Mike didn't want to believe that he wasted money/time on injectors, so it was basically us saying well it's either that, or the plugs. We put plugs in because we were basically being pressed to continue to go down a path we knew would not work.

there was 1 complete dyno pull, 11 miles is from 3 different warm up times, 1 pre plug change (would not rev past 3k or so), 3 or 4 post plug change (would not rev past 3k or so, and a few revisions to just to be thorough), and 1 post injector change (full pull) we are completely disappointed that there is even a remote accusation in what we did while your car was with us

Ultimately, we should have stood our ground on the injectors, we knew they wouldn't work, we knew it should have had stock ones in it, but we let our relationship with Mike soften our approach on what we knew would be an issue (albeit, not to the extent of a rod bearing).

the DW injectors 100% do not work on these cars. not at least when you have the fuel pressure it should have. if you keep them under 1600psi they work, but the problem is that the stock injector at the correct fuel pressure flows more than the DW at lower pressure. So it's not the right path, and since it had our upgraded fuel pump on it wasn't necessary. We let Mike know we spent months working with DW on calibration of these injectors, and no amount of tuning will get them to work at 2300# on these cars. Saying someone "helped us" figure out things we said didn't exist is false. The items we were told to change are not in the 10-12 cars, and do not fix the 13-19 cars. How do we know? we are the ones who found them while working with another DI injector company to develop injectors that will actually work (been revising them for a few years, it's just low priority for them). So no one showed us anything. That "fix" on the 13-19 cars was pirated from a tune we did, and we know as it's not actually calibration changes, but software changes (there is a difference). So we want to be clear, no one told us anything that we didn't already know, they were just 1. incorrect on thinking 10-12's had this (completely different PCM), and 2. incorrect on thinking it fixes the inability of these injectors to open at normal fuel pressure.

So, when you add the fuel contaminated oil from driving without a tune for the injectors, the horrific way it ran under a load with those injectors and the a tune for them, it's easy to see why it spun a bearing.

What is NOT being posted, and is on the edge of disappointing and infuriating is Mike not bothering to post that we offered to pull the engine FOR FREE, tear it down FOR FREE, and, depending on what it was, possibly repair it, you guessed it, FOR FREE.

instead, there's some praise for someone's advice that was not advice at all, and someone that's charging you to do work. Not cool.

Stuff happens, things break, but to disclose only selected parts of the story, twist things or say things that aren't true, and make an accusation that attacks our honesty and integrity is a big deal. We don't care that people know that it spun a rod bearing, it was together over 5 years, set records in more ways than one, probably had more dyno pulls than another other SHO on our dyno (besides our original tuning development stuff), driven hard when the chance arose, and has done so without skipping a beat during all that time.

Jordan

So.... let me get this part again. You knew it wouldn't work. Up and down knew it wouldn't work... Say you shouldn't had proceeded and still proceeded. So who broke the car?
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

GhostlyGrenade

5 years and lots of records. i hope development continues with this platform and many more records are broken. Thanks for explaining more details about what happened. Hopefully the car is rebuilt soon and comes back even faster than before. Looking forward to more record breaking and more parts developed.

StealBlueSho

Half truths.... half the story.... Livernois PR department ramping up the rhetoric.