• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Doors Holding Water

Started by Macgyver, May 13, 2019, 08:01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macgyver

Anyone have an issue, during heavy rain, the SHO doors turn into Camels ? lol

I backed up yesterday and heard a sloshing sound from the Driver rear and passenger front. We have been getting slammed in the North East with heavy rain of late.

Anyway. I got out and lifted up the lower door gasket. Ran my finger over the drain slit as I saw some wet crap over the slit. There was a small amount of crap blocking the hole because it was held in check by the door gasket. My SHO took a leak for 30 seconds on both doors.

Maybe Ford should have a PM in the Owners manual. LOL

SHOdded

Fairly common, unfortunately.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Sbouvia

Yea happened to me as well. Thought I had water in my ears or something. Now every other wash I clean the rubber on the bottom of the doors and run water through the bottom of the door to force out anything stopping flow. Since I've been doing that I have never heard it again.
~Scott
2013 SHO non-pp. Powerstop Top Cop kit rotors and stock Akebono Ceramic Pads, 3bar map sensor, 93 octane 3bar AJPTurbo tuned, but not dialed in.
2002 Jeep Wrangler TJ (Jane) w/ 2.5" lift, Banks torque tubes, monster exhaust and intake.
1991 F Super Duty 2.5 ton dump truck w/ 7.3IDI

ZSHO

There are 4 DRAINS TOTAL! 1 ON EACH DOOR! Need to lift UP the Door seal and clean them thoroughly. Z

Here is my own thead from many years ago.  Z

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,3710.0.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Macgyver

Never knew until yesterday. No I will do PMs every car wash as stated.

There must be a mod to keep the water flowing though.

The rubber gets pressed up against the drain slot and then crap gets stuck against it and acts like a dam.