• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New tune

Started by V1kesfn, May 08, 2019, 12:10:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

V1kesfn

Thank you all for the responses! I'm new to it all so didn't know of AJP until now. When I'm ready and get the nerve up again I think I will he reaching out to AJP.

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: TopherSho on May 08, 2019, 10:40:18 PM
Quote from: Macgyver on May 08, 2019, 10:33:09 PM
AJP or Gearhead for me.

The Auto Octane tune Gearhead has is a very interesting feature to have.

Depends on the year .. 2010 has firmware 'quirks' and can be a pain for LMS to tune for.. I went with AJP/Brad because he explains everything step by step,  and has good solid advise that i tend to expensively ignore ;)  ..

He has been stellar .. :)

We tune a great deal of the 2010-12 models every month and are not having any issues with them being programmed.  Not sure what quirks you've experienced but those cars with the 4X tune flat out rip.  Rich's car for example was running 12.10-12.20 with just bolt ons and are 4X tune without ever going on the dyno. 

Brucelinc

Quote from: TopherSho on May 08, 2019, 10:40:18 PM
Quote from: Macgyver on May 08, 2019, 10:33:09 PM
AJP or Gearhead for me.

The Auto Octane tune Gearhead has is a very interesting feature to have.

Depends on the year .. 2010 has firmware 'quirks' and can be a pain for LMS to tune for.. I went with AJP/Brad because he explains everything step by step,  and has good solid advise that i tend to expensively ignore ;)  ..

He has been stellar .. :)

Quirks on 2010s?    I have not heard of any complaints about Livernois on the 2010-2012 models.   In fact, I think their reputation is excellent for those years.   The tune I had on my 2010 MKS was fantastic. 

I agree Brad is stellar if you want to datalog be a partner in the tuning process.   

ZSHO

NO ISSUES with mine! But there will always be continued Praise Support for LMS!

FYI- I think we need to move on as the OP has settled with a Tuner of his choice! TIA. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

18SHO

Quote from: V1kesfn on May 09, 2019, 01:33:47 AM
Thank you all for the responses! I'm new to it all so didn't know of AJP until now. When I'm ready and get the nerve up again I think I will he reaching out to AJP.

Brad is top notch , will get every ounce of power safely out of the car
2018 SHO PP factory stock for now
AJPTURBO E30 tune stock plugs .028 gap
5.25.19 12.53 @ 112.96 1.85 60FT 1850 DA 71 F
Best trap 113.61

FiveLeeter918

Let me know if I can answer any questions regarding Ortiz Performance!
- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!