• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

A/C issues

Started by Sbouvia, May 05, 2019, 02:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sbouvia

Update. Tried the reset via forscan didn't work. Tried the pull fuse reset didn't work. Didn't want to do the whole hard reset with battery cables cause everything else is working good. I'm going to order a drivers blend door and see if that fixes the issue. As far as I know the relearn procedure is just pull fuse 46 for a few minutes and put it back in. The reset HVAC module in forscan has you turn off ignition, then turn on ignition but not engine to finalize. Question, so with the push button does the ignition off mean accessory power still active? I feel like I have to hit start button twice to get from off to ignition portion as if I hit it once it only shows as accessory power active. Of course keep my foot off the brake pedal so engine doesn't start. Thanks for everyone's help.
~Scott
2013 SHO non-pp. Powerstop Top Cop kit rotors and stock Akebono Ceramic Pads, 3bar map sensor, 93 octane 3bar AJPTurbo tuned, but not dialed in.
2002 Jeep Wrangler TJ (Jane) w/ 2.5" lift, Banks torque tubes, monster exhaust and intake.
1991 F Super Duty 2.5 ton dump truck w/ 7.3IDI

ZSHO

Quote from: Sbouvia on May 30, 2019, 07:18:42 PM
Update. Tried the reset via forscan didn't work. Tried the pull fuse reset didn't work. Didn't want to do the whole hard reset with battery cables cause everything else is working good. I'm going to order a drivers blend door and see if that fixes the issue. As far as I know the relearn procedure is just pull fuse 46 for a few minutes and put it back in. The reset HVAC module in forscan has you turn off ignition, then turn on ignition but not engine to finalize. Question, so with the push button does the ignition off mean accessory power still active? I feel like I have to hit start button twice to get from off to ignition portion as if I hit it once it only shows as accessory power active. Of course keep my foot off the brake pedal so engine doesn't start. Thanks for everyone's help.
Push button once is accessory mode! Need to hit the Push Button start twice in order to get to (ignition mode).\
I'm hoping the Blend door actuator does the trick. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Sbouvia

Ok so finally an update. I finally got the cha cue to change drivers door blend door actuator and run through the reset both in forscan and by pulling fuse. Blend door on drivers side is moving just fine, however I still have crappy at best AC. I suppose it's back to the dealer unless I can find some gauges to see my levels of refrigerant. Does anyone know if the AC tools autozone has on the loan a tool program would be worth using? It's getting hot in northern Virginia and the humidity is a killer especially sitting in DC's amazing traffic
~Scott
2013 SHO non-pp. Powerstop Top Cop kit rotors and stock Akebono Ceramic Pads, 3bar map sensor, 93 octane 3bar AJPTurbo tuned, but not dialed in.
2002 Jeep Wrangler TJ (Jane) w/ 2.5" lift, Banks torque tubes, monster exhaust and intake.

SHOdded

yes, autozone tools should be pro level tools, and unless a previous "renter" has hammered them, should work just fine.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

The hissing sound behind the passenger side Dash has me a bit concerned pointing to a small leak in the system.
IMO would Recharge and evacuate the A/C System and think there is a $125.00 Diagnostic fee IIRC!

I'm glad the blend door actuators are fully functional once again and working as designed. Z

Temperature Blend Door Actuator — LH
Removal and Installation

NOTE: The LH temperature blend door actuator can be accessed from below the LH side of the instrument panel.

Disconnect the LH temperature blend door actuator electrical connector, remove the 2 retainers and the LH temperature blend door actuator.
2.To install, reverse the removal procedure.

NOTE: The purpose of the module actuator position calibration is to allow the HVAC module to reinitialize and calibrate the actuator stop points. To carry out calibration, carry out the following steps.

Remove Smart Junction Box (SJB) fuse 15 for at least one minute.
NOTE: When the ignition switch is switched to the ON position, the HVAC module will initialize and calibrate the actuators. Calibration of the actuators will take approximately 30 seconds.

Reinstall SJB fuse 15. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position and wait 30 seconds before verifying correct LH temperature blend door operation.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Sbouvia

I know I am replying so late but wanted to close the thread. Brought the car around the time of posting to a local mechanic and not the stealership and guess what they found a leaking condenser. Ordered a new part from Ford and it came a three days later but in a damaged box. Mechanic said the part had been damaged in transit and said he didn't want to put it in but would rather send it back and get another. He called me to let me know why the hold up. I said I was happy he called but even happier they just didn't install a possibly damaged part. Got the new one installed and the AC has been ice cold since. I trust the stealership about as far as I can throw my car.
~Scott