• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

A/C issues

Started by Sbouvia, May 05, 2019, 02:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Heck of a lot cheaper than a compressor!  Def, get that CAC lined up :D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on May 10, 2019, 03:45:22 PM
Heck of a lot cheaper than a compressor!  Def, get that CAC lined up :D
True Indeed! I might order a Ambient Temp sensor for a peace of mind since its in the same location! Z

$7.86

Ambient Air Temperature Sensor -MOTORCRAFT DY1160 - AU5Z12A647B

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=2603322&cc=1503823&jsn=762

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2013,taurus,3.5l+v6+turbocharged,1503823,heat+&+air+conditioning,ambient+air+temperature+sensor,7000

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Sbouvia

Quote from: ZSHO on May 10, 2019, 03:26:44 PM
It seems a Rock made it through the Front Grille Fascia @ High Speeds and made a fairly large Hole in the Condensor!  :>:D
Charge System Install DYE with BLACK LIGHT and Found Condenser Leaking and will need To Evaluate and Replace Condensor and Recharge and Test and inspect for any other Leaks throughout the System.

I will need to remove the Front Bumper in order to gain access to the Condensor!
One Positive Note I DO NOT have the Ford collision warning which is found on the NON-PP-SHO version and might make the process a Tad bit easier AFAIK!

It might be beneficial for me to order a new UpGraded CAC (Intercooler) since it's in the same vicinity area! Maybe -perhaps!!!!   :coolgleam:
To the OP Hope your issue is far less complicated than mine. Z

Ford Part No.: BA5Z-19712-A  Condensor Assy

$203.33

https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts/ford-condenser-asy_ba5z-19712-a.html?Vin=1FAHP2KT5DG183206&Filter=()&Location=air-conditioning-condenser-compressor,,19712

Well at least you got yours figured out. They couldn't find any leaks but suspected condenser when I brought it in. Ever heard of having a leaky evaporator behind the dash? Not saying my issue but the constant hiss of AC filling the system has me thinking it's something with evaporator. I don't know,if I've really heard that before, but now I am paying much more attention.
~Scott
2013 SHO non-pp. Powerstop Top Cop kit rotors and stock Akebono Ceramic Pads, 3bar map sensor, 93 octane 3bar AJPTurbo tuned, but not dialed in.
2002 Jeep Wrangler TJ (Jane) w/ 2.5" lift, Banks torque tubes, monster exhaust and intake.
1991 F Super Duty 2.5 ton dump truck w/ 7.3IDI

Sbouvia

Quick update on my end. SHO and A/C has taken back seat to getting wife's Jeep back together. The other day she picked me up from work and I was like wow the AC is nice and cold on the passenger side. Stuck my hand over to drivers side vent and it was warm air. We both had temperature set at 65 on an 85 degree day. So now I think it may be the drivers side blend door seeing as it is only having the issue on that side I suppose. Is there something in forscan to monitor the blend door percent open or something? Eventually I will be putting a thermometer in the vents to see what temp air is coming out. Hopefully after this weekend wife's Jeep will be rolling again, so I can tackle the SHO.
~Scott
2013 SHO non-pp. Powerstop Top Cop kit rotors and stock Akebono Ceramic Pads, 3bar map sensor, 93 octane 3bar AJPTurbo tuned, but not dialed in.
2002 Jeep Wrangler TJ (Jane) w/ 2.5" lift, Banks torque tubes, monster exhaust and intake.

ZSHO

I would change both Blend door actuators located inside the passenger Glove box! I believe they both have the same part number for reference IIRC! Z

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=3102459&cc=1503823&jsn=10528

SHOdded

Passenger actuator
https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,495

I think there is a blower motor duty cycle in Forscan, but not sure about a blend door %.  Many codes can set related to the blend doors, so there MIGHT be a PID.  Again, not sure.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Gjkrisa

There is a left and a right blend door you can see
During car start I saw 1% then as I changed temp from 65 to 70 then back to 65 I saw those changes in the hvac module
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

SHOdded

ZSHO

There are 2 actuators as mentioned ^^^
One is next to the cabin filter and one is behind the center console.
Both can be accessed & seen through the Glove box.  Z

SHOdded

There might be a recalibration routine for the hvac module, like a secret combo.  It works on the Edge with auto climate control, might on the SHO also.  Youtube it.

Sbouvia

So yes, I can see the blend door positions in Forscan and they look fairly close except the drivers one is at a different position than the passengers even at same temperature. According to FSM I need to remove fuse 15 from smart junction box for one minute and then turn on power for at least 30 seconds to have the blend doors recalibrate. I cannot find the location of said smart junction box in the FSM but I think it may be the junction box at drivers kick panel. Issue is fuse 15 according to owners manual has nothing to do with HVAC, that's fuse 47. It is definitely not in the PDC under the hood. Also per the FSM there is one blend door actuator to the left of the dash and the one behind the glove box. I swear there was a third for some sort of temperature control but I only see two listed in FSM. There is a second one at the glove box but it is listed as the mode door actuator, which seems to be working.
~Scott

SHOdded

two blend door actuators and two mode door actuators.

yes, the fuse panel under the driver dash is the SJB/BCM.  The owner's manual descriptions are often incomplete, the FSM is the reference where functionality is concerned.  Anyhoo, Fuse 46 seems to be the only one listed as related to climate control, that is the one I would pull.  Dunno where F15 and F47 are being drawn from, perhaps a 2010-12 SHO?

ZSHO

Sometimes removing the Ground and Positive Battery Terminals for an hour will reset to Default! Z

Gjkrisa

In forscan thru the phone there is a test to reset the hvac blend door module

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder