• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New Member - 14 MKS EB

Started by River8478, May 02, 2019, 04:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

River8478

Hello all,

Figured I'd introduce myself here. After a very long search for the "right" Taurus SHO or MKS EB, a few weeks ago I finally bought a tuxedo black 14 MKS, currently sitting at ~64k miles. Right now I've been knocking out all the maintenance like PTU fluid change and such, but soon I hope to add a 3 bar (already purchased), tune, and downpipes. I think it'd make for a very comfortable yet quick daily driver.

Oh yeah, I'm also from Ohio.

SHOdded

I guess I should wait for the Parm-ites and Cleveland-ers to chime in, but oh well :D

Welcome to the EBPF community, glad to have you & your MKS here!  Please do post pics of your new ride, we'd love to see 'em!  Is the MKS your first Ford/Lincoln/?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

glock-coma

2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

River8478

Quote from: SHOdded on May 02, 2019, 04:35:25 PM
I guess I should wait for the Parm-ites and Cleveland-ers to chime in, but oh well :D

Welcome to the EBPF community, glad to have you & your MKS here!  Please do post pics of your new ride, we'd love to see 'em!  Is the MKS your first Ford/Lincoln/?

Thanks for the welcome! I'll have to get pics up soon. When it's all detailed up and shiny, it's definitely a looker. I've had one Ford before, my last car was a 1987 F150. Talk about an upgrade in about every way, lol. My dad also had a 1995 Thunderbird and an early 2000's Ranger growing up, so there's been a few in my family.

Also, glad to see another Ohioan. Dayton here.

PDSHO

Greetings from Nebraska.

Greg
2013 Taurus Police Interceptor. AWD, Eco-Boost. SOLD
2015 Lincoln Navigator L, 4x4, Eco-Boost.
2016 Taurus Police Interceptor, Eco-Boost
2014 Lincoln MKS Eco-Boost

MKS Tom

2013 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, 70,000 miles.  3 bar map 93 tune (E30 in the future) by both AJP Turbo and Ortiz Performance.  PPE catted down pipes, EPP dual CAI (not yet installed so K&N drop in), .026 gapped SP542, 170 degree thermostat, Dynomax axlebacks, and Power Stop Z23 pads and rotors.

Agentlongwood

A black 2014 MKS EcoBoost? My goodness you have good taste, sir.
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

76fomoco

Welcome to the madness. Nice ride for sure!
It will be a whole different ride when you get the 3 bar and tune on it. Wish I would have done mine sooner. My car went 40 from new before I put the tune on it and now it is so much fun I can't wait to drive it each day.
2013 PP AJP E30 160 TS, sp542 plugs, 3 bar, PPE catted DP's, GH IC, GH turbos, XDI-35, EPP hot and intake
Best 3-29-21  11.85 with 3000 DA
DA trap best 117.96
E30 = 492 whp, 536 wtq
E30+meth 498 whp, 539 wtq

Livernois Motorsports

Welcome to the forum from the crew at Livernois Motorsports!

Congrats on the new MKS.  I've always been partial to the tuxedo black myself, just tough to keep clean.  Always glad to see new members come on board.  Tons of great info and helpful members on here as well.  Feel free to give us a shout if there's anything you need.