• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

802SHO 2010 Build

Started by 802SHO, April 30, 2019, 12:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SM105K

Quote from: 802SHO on August 13, 2020, 10:47:34 AM
Quote from: SM105K on August 13, 2020, 10:34:02 AM
Andrew what tire pressure are you running the radials at?
I tried 28 psi at the track

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drag radials are goofy.  My BFG's on my Mustang liked high 20's.  My Mickey Thompson's on the same car liked around 18 psi.   Do some street  launches 0 to 60.  I would air them up to 34 and start launching. Each time decrease by 4 psi.  See what happens.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

802SHO

Quote from: SM105K on August 13, 2020, 11:10:12 AM
Quote from: 802SHO on August 13, 2020, 10:47:34 AM
Quote from: SM105K on August 13, 2020, 10:34:02 AM
Andrew what tire pressure are you running the radials at?
I tried 28 psi at the track

Drag radials are goofy.  My BFG's on my Mustang liked high 20's.  My Mickey Thompson's on the same car liked around 18 psi.   Do some street  launches 0 to 60.  I would air them up to 34 and start launching. Each time decrease by 4 psi.  See what happens.
Sounds like RIP trans lol!  Does sound like a good idea though. 

IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

SM105K

Trans replacements arent that hard.  You just take it to a shop and they charge you 5 grand to change it out.  Super easy....ask me how I know.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

802SHO

New PB 11.14 @ 123.34 MPH!!

Started out a bit of a $hit show which I'll share later but for now here are the highlights of my trip to NED 9/6/20!!

https://youtu.be/LjzG0mPFGMo

IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.

bpd1151

Impressive!

Bravo!

applause

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

StealBlueSho

Quote from: 802SHO on September 07, 2020, 09:08:32 PM

Started out a bit of a $hit show which I'll share later but for now here are the highlights of my trip to NED 9/6/20!!

Again, congrats!!! Thank you for sharing!  It is awesome you are doing new things, informing the community, trying to further the platform and everyone involved. All on your own time and effort! 10's are coming buddy!!!

802SHO

Quote from: bpd1151 on September 07, 2020, 09:09:33 PM
Impressive!

Bravo!

applause

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Thank you Sir

802SHO

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on September 07, 2020, 09:11:03 PM
Quote from: 802SHO on September 07, 2020, 09:08:32 PM

Again, congrats!!! Thank you for sharing!  It is awesome you are doing new things, informing the community, trying to further the platform and everyone involved. All on your own time and effort! 10's are coming buddy!!!
Thanks Mike and we'll find out if I can make magic happen in October!  Thanks for the continuing support!!

Macgyver

WOW Congratulations !!!

So what happens if you can improve that 60' ?

802SHO

Quote from: Macgyver on September 07, 2020, 11:46:17 PM
WOW Congratulations !!!

So what happens if you can improve that 60' ?
I like the 60ft but better would be better obviously.  I think it needs to pull harder 3-5.  Or maybe I could complete dismiss reaction time and just sit and spool like I did last year. 

802SHO

So what happened was I decided to trailer my my car to the track for a couple reasons. 1) It'll be cold and I'll actually want some staging lane time for it to warm up vs avoiding the car getting warmer. 2) I'm pushing the stock internals and in the event of an untimely problem I'll save boat loads of expenses by trailering it myself to and from.

I reserved a trailer at UHaul and planned on picking it up same day I was leaving which was 9/5/20 the day before. I arrived an hour early and they told me they had a slight problem...the trailer I reserved wasn't back the day before and it had been reported stolen. So in a pinch I borrowed a friends trailer, which by this time I had committed to taking weight reduction a bit further than ever before. Really it was pretty easy as one thing led to another, the more I took out the easier it was to keep going. My weight with me in it for my 11.36 was 4320. The weight with me in it this time was 4050. 270lbs. Wow!

Track tech took too long I missed the first Test and Tune call. I brought two camcorders. I was able to bring along my GF of 6 years and she was with me for my first time at the track with the car back in 2018 but since this was the second time ever going. She recorded me as well. She was in the pit area and my cousin who lives in NH was filming from the stands.

First time up I wanted the right lane and I was in the right lane, but the traffic guy wanted me in left and we got into a little bit of an argument bc at this track the right lane is gold for me....so I ended up going in left. The car launched so hard and I hit both my nitrous jets at the top of 1st or so or beginning of second and about 60 ....cut throttle hard...no power...I let off. My GF said "Wow honey 20 second quarter mile that has to be a record". She got it on film but my cousin accidentally had it in picture only.

It behaved like a slipped IC coupler ...sudden loss of power but running great, sounding great. I jacked the car up and looked over all my couplers...checked everything...looked solid except my nitrous line from the adapter going to the IC jet pre solenoid was leaking. Oh so slightly leaking but I found it was actually defective...the crimp before the threaded end was not secure and from wiggling it I got a little mist on my finger...just mist but damn. So going forward I avoided that solenoid although it was pre solenoid so I'm not sure if I was getting a full shot or not with the Pre TB jet which was a 50 shot jet. Took the car for a quick spin out of the track and it had boost and felt great. Now for whatever stupid reason I didn't bring any ice...so cool down was hood open and wait lol

They took forever to call the next test and tune...to the car's advantage. About 1.5 hours later I went up for round 2 hoping it didn't do the same throttle cut again. Not sure if I hit a torque limiter or what. I decided to not touch nitrous until 3rd. Ripped the 11.14! Haha nice!! Let the car air cool for about 40 min then tried again. This time with a 75 shot jet but who knows what it sprayed and I think my bottle emptied on that run...I wished I filled it up beforehand..some oversight there. The temps rose from 75 to 79 and my IAT2 was about 25-30 degrees hotter starting which was about 110-115. Again waited until 3rd hit the 75 shot and ran 11.22.

I've got a nitrous line to replace, ice to bring and 30 degree cooler air and about 1,000 less DA and we'll see if I can snag a 10.

SM105K

bamsho

Yeah think we all have been there at some point,  I know I've had plenty of mine.   That was excellent run for all that happened that day.

Your track really must of had it prepped great.  I love your 60fts, just WOW.   

I have no doubt that your car will hit 10s,  your that close.

SEND IT!!!!
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

802SHO

I have a chance I just hope the car is up to the task along with near perfect temps and DA it has a shot.  If the impossible becomes possible.

SM105K

Quote from: 802SHO on September 08, 2020, 01:05:01 PM
I have a chance I just hope the car is up to the task along with near perfect temps and DA it has a shot.  If the impossible becomes possible.

You are there.  The line will be fixed soon. If you grab the unit in second gear and have the same 60 foot, and go 7.0 in the quarter it is done.