• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

802SHO 2010 Build

Started by 802SHO, April 30, 2019, 12:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SM105K

Quote from: 802SHO on June 28, 2019, 09:27:46 AM
I got my old dipstick out with a screw lol

I broke mine during my intercooler install.  I was pissed, but was able to get it out even after pushing it down further....lol.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

802SHO

Hmm maybe I damaged mine putting in the IC and didn't realize
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

shoNoff

I think they are just cheap s*** to be honest. I pulled mine to check oil and the handle snapped right off.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

802SHO

I wonder who else had thier dipstick break.  Right now I got:  802SHO(me), ShoNoff, SM105K, and ZSHO.
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.

SM105K

Good! I am not the only one!
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

802SHO

A couple years ago I cut my stock grille and made what you see today.  As of late I can't stop thinking about a grille delete look like some of the mustangs out there so I decided to do my version.  Leaving the grille shell and removing the mesh.  Felt very wrong but I got my front grille mesh out.  I had it in there with windshield urethane....almost gave up but once I got it started it was doable.  In anticipation for not having mesh anymore I scuffed up my front impact bar and rattle canned it with Rustoleum paint and primer gloss black.  I attempted to install my Derale cooler and mocked up where it will go...before thinking I was missing parts...this morning I found the missing AN fittings.  I'll get this installed later today as well as mock up where my front splitter rods will go.  Install my left rear lateral arm then off to get an inspection tomorrow am.  The guy who removed my 3rd cat is also doing the inspection...funny that he failed me for the rear reinforcement bar and play in the lateral arm but who am I to argue.  It needed it so all good to go now.  Of course I'll save my mesh as I tend to change my mind plus the mesh is colored matches in Tuxedo Black.

Also after all the (RD) of my new turbos and data logging with my front chin spoiler off and splash guard off my front tires have chewed the crap out of the front fender liners.  I have replacements and will replace once I get the front chin back on with the new splitter I'm making myself. 

SM105K

Looks dude.  I really like the grill deletes as well.  I maybe start dabbling in that that as well.   I need the front clip of my car fixed (lots of little chips and damage) and resprayed. Also have you seen the billet grills? 

802SHO

Damn I like that as well!  Who's SHO is that?

SM105K

Quote from: 802SHO on July 02, 2019, 11:10:42 AM
Damn I like that as well!  Who's SHO is that?

His screen name on ShoForum is JasonoftheRugar.  His SHO is really sharp. 

https://shoforum.com/index.php?threads/sho-us-your-wheels.137081/

802SHO

He's got the upgraded brakes too.  Very nice

SM105K

802SHO

Quote from: SM105K on July 02, 2019, 12:56:13 PM
Quote from: 802SHO on July 02, 2019, 12:46:25 PM
He's got the upgraded brakes too.  Very nice

I got you on the grills.

https://www.grilletech.com/2010-Aftermarket-Billet-Mesh-Grille-Pillars-Trim/2010-Ford-Aftermarket-Billet-Mesh-Grille-Pillars-Trim/2010-Ford-Taurus-Aftermarket-Billet-Mesh-Grille-Pillars-Trim

Those suckers are pricey!  I've seen them before.  I think it depends on what else you got going on with it.  I think it looks odd on the Silver SHO but on the Red SHO it looks good...looks like the Red SHO has lightly smoked headlights.  We'll see how this grille delete looks.  I think with seeing in and seeing a bunch of trans lines and coolers it will have a cool mechanical look.  And look less like a Taurus.

SHOdded

Tomc has a howto on this forum for making your own grille.  Also a vendor on FB selling custom grilles, Rod Smith is the gentleman's name, AM Grilles is the co name IIRC.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

802SHO

Quote from: SHOdded on July 02, 2019, 05:14:07 PM
Tomc has a howto on this forum for making your own grille.  Also a vendor on FB selling custom grilles, Rod Smith is the gentleman's name, AM Grilles is the co name IIRC.

I found his after I made mine.  I would have bought his if I knew but making my own was a big step and one I do not regret.  It came out great along with a sense of pride.  I dug up these old pics of my before and after grille project.  I also purchased a used lower grille that did not have ACC and swapped my ACC cover out with the open mesh from the used lower grille.  Only once in a blue moon does my exposed ACC give off an error code.  At that time it was plasti dipped black and the mesh was gloss black and an All Fit Automotive lip.  Then had the grille and mesh painted Tuxedo Black and the front chin spoiler replaced the plastic lip.  I actually look the rugged look of the pre paint matched grille and rubber lip with my funky carbon fiber vinyl eyebrows I put over the smoked headlight tint