• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

bpd1151's 2010 SHO Rebuild Thread....

Started by bpd1151, July 24, 2019, 12:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueSHO

@bpd1151 PM sent..

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

Bronco2fan

I understand completely the waiting for supply chain to catch up and shops just having a hard time. I've been trying for a while to get parts or shops to work on my SHO, SN95, Jeep GC and F150 Harley-Davidson. Been almost 2 years trying to get some Shop to paint the F150. Really hope s--t gets better, but it's not looking like it any time soon.

Good luck bp.
2019 Mustang GT, Velocity Blue 5.0 PP, 2015 Audi Q7 TFSI Quattro. 2013 Ruby Red Metallic, PP.  06 F150 Harley-Davidson Edition, 03 Mustang GT Conv, 84 Bronco II, and my 97 Jeep GC Laredo 5.2.

bpd1151

Just a quick update.....

Went and visited the shop yesterday (07/21/2023) and was glad to see that the motor and transmission are at least back in the engine bay.

Still a LOT left to accomplish, but progress is progress.

Builder said there's a bunch of little things that are missing like brackets, bolts and what not. Which was to be expected given the now deceased former mechanic who removed the engine, developed into an alcoholic and drank himself to death (God rest his soul).

So he's got all the miscellaneous stuff on order from Ford to replace the missing items.

But the builder appears relieved it's just little stuff.

It was nice to see the look of enthusiasm return to the builder's face, replacing what was once a look of genuine worry/concern etc. given all the unknowns previously.

Maybe from here on out, things will go smoother/quicker.

Hope everyone's well.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

BlueSHO

Mike that's great news and I bet you can hardly wait to drive your SHO again. It's been like forever . Very sad how things happen in life but we manage to trudge on..

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

kryptto

Quote from: bpd1151 on July 22, 2023, 08:13:22 PM
Just a quick update.....

Went and visited the shop yesterday (07/21/2023) and was glad to see that the motor and transmission are at least back in the engine bay.

Still a LOT left to accomplish, but progress is progress.

Builder said there's a bunch of little things that are missing like brackets, bolts and what not. Which was to be expected given the now deceased former mechanic who removed the engine, developed into an alcoholic and drank himself to death (God rest his soul).

So he's got all the miscellaneous stuff on order from Ford to replace the missing items.

But the builder appears relieved it's just little stuff.

It was nice to see the look of enthusiasm return to the builder's face, replacing what was once a look of genuine worry/concern etc. given all the unknowns previously.

Maybe from here on out, things will go smoother/quicker.

Hope everyone's well.

Glad to hear this project is moving  forward again, sorry to hear about your loss and set back.  Please keep us informed.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

2014 Ford Taurus SHO PP Darkside - PPE Catless Downpipes, coated and wrapped - ECO Power Parts Noisemaker Delete - 3BAR MAP - Torque Solution BOV VTA - J&L Oil Catch Can - Ford Performance Spark Plugs Colder Range - K&N CAI, Reisch 170 degree thermostat, Forscan, HP Tuner & Tuned by Daily American Racing, Accel Coil Pack, FULL Chrome Delete - Sync 3 Nav System - Ford Taurus SHO Badge Delete - XB LED Mirror Puddle Lights - Full interior LED upgrade - Custom rear window "wing"

bpd1151

It's been a few months.

So a lot of the little missing bolts and bits and pieces previously ordered since the last update have been slowly trickling their way in (no thanks to the ongoing national UAW Labor strike).

Another hiccup that was discovered had to do with the custom flywheel. When mating the custom trans, the flywheel, and the GH TC together, their wasn't sufficient clearance between the 3, which caused the TC to be locked up and not spin freely.

Soooooo...... MaxPower contacted and spoke with the flywheel vendor (Reactor Products out in Cali) and got approval to modify ever so slightly, the mounting holes on the flywheel itself, in order to provide the proper clearance (backspacing I believe was the word) to permit the TC to spin freely.

With that out of the way, coupled with the delivery of most (but not quite all) of the missing do dads, reassembly is continuing to see forward momentum.

Again, still LOTS remains to be done/accomplished, but Max Power was gracious enough to provide me with more assembly pics just this late afternoon, so I wanted to fire these off and get them uploaded for members to see.

Hope all is well with everyone. Hope everyone enjoys their weekend.

Oh, and regarding those seals on the valve covers since they were PC'd, I inquired about them and was told no worries that they've been accounted for and can be ordered.

kryptto

Great news thanks for sharing the pictures... looks like its coming along even with the setback.
2014 Ford Taurus SHO PP Darkside - PPE Catless Downpipes, coated and wrapped - ECO Power Parts Noisemaker Delete - 3BAR MAP - Torque Solution BOV VTA - J&L Oil Catch Can - Ford Performance Spark Plugs Colder Range - K&N CAI, Reisch 170 degree thermostat, Forscan, HP Tuner & Tuned by Daily American Racing, Accel Coil Pack, FULL Chrome Delete - Sync 3 Nav System - Ford Taurus SHO Badge Delete - XB LED Mirror Puddle Lights - Full interior LED upgrade - Custom rear window "wing"

BlueSHO

Looks like it will be bada$$. I'm sure you wanting to drive your car after all this is the understatement of the decade...

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

bpd1151

Asked for an update from MaxPower yesterday. He was prompt in his reply, and provided the following for me:

"Howdy howdy sir. And it's going good I got the ptu all together so we can get that installed into the vehicle. And some other oem ford parts installed aka the missing hardware. The new oil cooler unit and starting too finish the plumbing of stuff. So we are making some progress on it." ----Max Power Automotive

I asked for pictures when time permits and I'm still awaiting those. But I also am mindful my project isn't the only one his staff is working on.

Just wanted to provide some semblance of an update, as it was provided to me.

Hope everyone's doing well. I'm currently vacationing in Mexico and enjoying the stellar tropical weather. Far cry from the 30's and ice/snow/rain mix back home.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BlueSHO

Quote from: bpd1151 on December 07, 2023, 01:16:43 PM
Asked for an update from MaxPower yesterday. He was prompt in his reply, and provided the following for me:

"Howdy howdy sir. And it's going good I got the ptu all together so we can get that installed into the vehicle. And some other oem ford parts installed aka the missing hardware. The new oil cooler unit and starting too finish the plumbing of stuff. So we are making some progress on it." ----Max Power Automotive

I asked for pictures when time permits and I'm still awaiting those. But I also am mindful my project isn't the only one his staff is working on.

Just wanted to provide some semblance of an update, as it was provided to me.

Hope everyone's doing well. I'm currently vacationing in Mexico and enjoying the stellar tropical weather. Far cry from the 30's and ice/snow/rain mix back home.

Very nice. It's actually sort of tropical here now ..lol 50's on Christmas Eve...

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra