• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Parts list?

Started by jdsfel, April 25, 2019, 02:21:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdsfel

Hello all, new member here and new owner of a 13 sho w/pp. Got a good deal cause she needs a timing set due to the p0016. I haven't been able to find a comprehensive parts list anywhere and I have looked everywhere.  I do plan on using oem parts and doing water pump while I'm in there.  Can someone provide a link if this has been covered before or point me in the right direction?  I am also curious if I should replace phasers and solenoids or just clean/inspect first?  Thanks in advance. Jerry

SHOdded

Welcome, and congrats (?) ...  There isn't a comprehensive list that I know of.  To make sure you get the right parts though, you should start by plugging in the VIN at a dealer site and grab the part numbers that result in your search.

What you would be looking for:
VCT solenoids (often called actuators by Ford, not to be confused with phasers, ALSO called actuators by Ford)
timing chains
tensioners
water pump

You will also need RTV seal for the main/timing cover as no gasket is used here.

Cam holding tools to maintain alignment of valves.

Coolant and engine oil.

As far as factory procedures, you can find them here, courtesy of nickstewartroc
http://www.nicksmustangranch.com/Service_Manuals/2014_Taurus/Service%20Manual.htm
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

jdsfel

Thanks for the quick reply @SHOdded,  will read through that link and go from there.