• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

SBS 2016 Taurus SHO Build Thread - LOCKED

Started by StealBlueSho, April 23, 2019, 08:59:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Welp... the SHO threw a CEL last night, go figure since I was taking pictures of it...

P2195 - Oxygen Sensor 1 Bank 1 biased/stuck lean

Datalogged it and it was reading 1.99 lambda... time for a new WB.... fun fun!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StealBlueSho

Also realized I never posted the plugs I pulled out...

Looked ok..all still gapped at .026

StealBlueSho

New WB installed, no obvious damage except a small indentation on the body of the plug after the nut.  Initial fuel trims and AFR look good! Idle is smoother I think...

802SHO

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on June 04, 2020, 08:52:11 AM

Welp... the SHO threw a CEL last night, go figure since I was taking pictures of it...

You know it's tempting to bring back the true form of my wheels.  They're plasti dipped.  But underneath they are like yours.  Looks great in your photo.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

ZSHO

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on June 04, 2020, 01:16:12 PM

New WB installed, no obvious damage except a small indentation on the body of the plug after the nut.  Initial fuel trims and AFR look good! Idle is smoother I think...

It looks as the washer was not fully secured! There was a TSB on the 02's IIRC! Fingers crossed. Z

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_DEEpaKzKmuI-cdA-MTs_PtlmgeTdA8A/view?usp=drivesdk

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StealBlueSho

Quote from: 802SHO on June 05, 2020, 05:22:09 AM

You know it's tempting to bring back the true form of my wheels.  They're plasti dipped.  But underneath they are like yours.  Looks great in your photo.

I really like the 5 spoke TBH.. I would have preferred the 5 spoke.. but I got all four wheels for $350, so even if I rock them for a bit, I can turn around and sell them for more lol.

802SHO

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on June 05, 2020, 11:57:41 AM
Quote from: 802SHO on June 05, 2020, 05:22:09 AM

I really like the 5 spoke TBH.. I would have preferred the 5 spoke.. but I got all four wheels for $350, so even if I rock them for a bit, I can turn around and sell them for more lol.
Yeah you got a killer deal. 

IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

StealBlueSho

So I had Gearhead center cap overlays on my stock wheels... and missed the overall flow so I ordered custom overlays for the new wheels....

Thinking I need to paint the calipers...

ridered74

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on July 08, 2020, 09:14:24 PM
So I had Gearhead center cap overlays on my stock wheels... and missed the overall flow so I ordered custom overlays for the new wheels....

Where are you ordering those from? That's one of the few stickers that I like. Why steal just part of someone's build when you can steal the whole thing?
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

StealBlueSho

Quote from: ridered74 on July 08, 2020, 11:10:23 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSHO on July 08, 2020, 09:14:24 PM

Where are you ordering those from? That's one of the few stickers that I like. Why steal just part of someone's build when you can steal the whole thing?
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DeVriesSigns

StealBlueSho

Couple things to mention...

1: Thanks to @OrtizPerformance for the battery tie down. I put a couple rubber grommets under the bolts to prevent them from breaking down the powder coating. Not sure what the material is under the powder coat, so don't want to allow a route for rusting.

2: At Nationals this year @Bamsho noticed my low side fuel  line was rubbing. It was short when I got it, so I didn't have a lot of room to route it, and had to stretch the stock fuel line coming off the firewall. Due to that, I am getting some rubbing that is wearing through the line. Email sent to Uwe at XDI to see if they have a longer line that routes better and isn't as stretched.

3: Trans started leaking a drop every once in awhile again due to the seal failure where the two halves meet. While getting the oil changed at the dealer I asked them to look at it. They said they need to drop the trans and reseal it which will be covered under warranty. They also agreed to put in the upgraded torque converter from GH while its out, for a minimal fee since it has to be removed anyway. Although the dealer said the leaks is soo small it's not a huge rush.. but small leaks turn into big leaks soo..

SM105K

Good stuff that it is under warranty.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

StealBlueSho

Out with the AD front mount and in with the stock one..

Being as I'm turning my SHO into a daily...  no need to have my balls vibrating in the seat all the time ....

Plus it's debatable whether the front makes much of any difference when you pair the AD rear with a new stock front...

I forgot how much smoother it makes the ride and idle.. although you don't feel as connected with the car since your not feeling every little thing...

StealBlueSho

Couple updates...

Apparently it does make a difference.... the wheel hop was atrocious... so put the AD mount back in... problem fixed...

Hit 30K miles today... so did the 3x drain and fill on the transmission. Next oil change I'll get the rdu fluid swapped out too...

Ran into a minor issue with the catch can... it was leaking from the check valves.. which means they weren't tight from UPR.. so had to take it out and re-tightened. Also found a torn seal on the connector going to the dual feed.

I'm half tempted cap off the clean side and run a breather cause I don't think it's working correctly.. not sure...

StealBlueSho

Also installed the whiteline rear sway bar! Huge difference in handling, the car should have come like this from the factory...