• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

SBS 2016 Taurus SHO Build Thread - LOCKED

Started by StealBlueSho, April 23, 2019, 08:59:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

I am here.. just been VERY busy... work has picked up 10x and I just moved the family to a new house in a different county (yay emissions!!).. I have been on travel A LOT lately..

No foul play, car still runs like a scolded dog.. even more now.. I had a few days where I could get some datalogging done to figure out what is going on.. the last track run of 12.1 was with the throttle sitting at 50% open the entire time.. that issue has been resolved now and it pulls much much harder now.. night and day difference for sure.. at LEAST a couple tenths picked up if not more.. I suspect more since there was additional tweaking done to the setup..

For now I am just biding my time.. too busy to get to the track.. and yes.. the car is always for sale if someone wants it.. I don't mind starting a new project. I am thinking more AutoX than straight line racing at this point.. soo I am looking at smaller RWD/AWD cars.. Focus RS seem interesting with the improvements that XDI is making on the fueling... who knows...

Without a clear path on how to get around the drive train issues I am not interested in dumping much more money into the car. When I recover from the move, my next thought if I still have the car is taking back down to National Speed Inc to have them tear into the drive train to figure out a path forward... who knows...

Hope everyone is still doing well!

mybigsho

Glad to here all is well.. Life changes and work does take up time.. Hopefully you can get to MIR with this nice
weather and lay down a great pass.. Good luck!!

Scott.
2016 SHO NON PP, HPFP, CATTED DP'S, GH INTERCOOLER,
CAI, 170 STAT, HR SRINGS, GH E30 TUNE 12.08@117.22 60' AJP E30 TUNE11.991@115.91 1.72 60'

802SHO

Nice to hear man!  Glad you're still with us! 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

StealBlueSho

Updating... since it has been some time....

Private track event where I ran several back to back 11.9's! Full weight, stock tires, and wheels. At the time of these runs I also had the AIRAID intake.

Big shout out to @shaundizzle for inviting me!

Quick video compilation!

https://youtu.be/_jeOgwp-aLs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StealBlueSho

Order the DW LPFP and adapter kit! More fuel!!! Feed the beast!!!

StealBlueSho

Talking with Matt Robinson at Gearhead, found out he had an EPP Dual Feed Intake with no recirculation bungs for BOVs, bung for PCV, and crinkle black!!!! Never opened!! So naturally I made an offer to relieve him of such an unused burden....

Makes a huge difference when coupled with the GH turbos.. it effortlessly builds boost and just runs much smoother. It's not fighting itself for air. I can see how this is taking up to .2 off peoples ETs...

Install was a PIA but not hateful...

Some quick snaps... here is the front turbine after 7K miles of use.. oil is from the PCV system. Not sure what is going on with the UPR CC.. however was told a small amount is normal.

StealBlueSho

So my next steps at this point is waiting to see what can be done with the transmission from a big cost perspective...

In the short term, I think I have maxed out the performance if these P-Zero's...  looking into getting some lightweight 18's that compliment the car with wider taller tires... and I want white lettering! Ha!

Better tires with lighter wheels and the new intake should help pull a few tenths off my ET if not more.

Very pleased with my goal of keeping the car reliable and stock looking while running quick times for these cars. Take the kids to the park, go grocery shopping, and then go to the track and tick off 11's all in the same day :-)

Now to look into tire/wheel combos...

6500rpm

Weld Draglites w/ Hoosier tires ( :
Just kidding...kind of
2013 SHO PP in Ruby Red Metallic, GTG Billet Grills, Duraflex Racer Chin Spoiler, DriveBright LED Driving/Turn Lights,160 T Stat, MSD Coils, All Royal Purple Lubricants, EPP Gen 2 Duel Intake and hotpipes,3 bar, Gearhead AO tuned!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: 6500rpm on February 11, 2020, 07:45:28 PM
Weld Draglites w/ Hoosier tires ( :
Just kidding...kind of

They do make a nice black set... you might be onto something... lol...

SHOdded

Glad you cracked the 11's, for sure I expected you of all people to have done it some time ago :D :D  Let's hope the trans upgrade price tag is reasonable.  Then you might want to look into HD axles as well.  No idea how the wheel bearings will hold up, at least you have SKF and Timken alternatives to try.  Maybe even a carbon fiber driveshaft.  Add power, reduce loss.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: SHOdded on February 12, 2020, 02:09:22 AM
Glad you cracked the 11's, for sure I expected you of all people to have done it some time ago :D :D  Let's hope the trans upgrade price tag is reasonable.  Then you might want to look into HD axles as well.  No idea how the wheel bearings will hold up, at least you have SKF and Timken alternatives to try.  Maybe even a carbon fiber driveshaft.  Add power, reduce loss.

Yea, just slow to the game, literally! Ha!  It's funny to me how well out trans and motor are matched up. They both hit about max power at the same time. Matt seems to think that I can get away with a lot more power on the stock trans as long as he can control the torque as that's what kills drive trains...

We will see.... I like your additional ideas too! I used a timken wheel bearing on my 2010. No issues what so ever. Good products.

StealBlueSho

StealBlueSho

Time for plugs... last plugs done at 19K and it's got 27.5K on it now..

Can't believe I put 8.5K miles on it last year... lol

Will post with used ones.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!