• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

SBS 2016 Taurus SHO Build Thread - LOCKED

Started by StealBlueSho, April 23, 2019, 08:59:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoNoff

Look good! I found they smoothed out my idle a ton. Hopefully they help you as well.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

StealBlueSho

So I have been having a residue oil leak after the XDI bolt snapped... cleaned it good a few a times thinking it might have been left over oil seeping since oil went everywhere....

Still get this small leak...

And a bit more here..

When XDI sent me the new bolts they also sent me a new stock mounting plate as well... so I finally took the time to pull it all apart again...

Sure enough there is the SLIGHTEST bend on mine from when the bolt snapped and the pump flexed the original plate... only detectable when placing on a flat surface.. it rocks just a hair...

So swapped them and will see if this one doesn't leak...

And mounted...

Oh and this doesn't fit...

Hopefully I can put this the bed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

802SHO

IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

shoNoff

Damn I'm upset you found it. I was gonna suggest we trade cars since mine didn't leak there.

StealBlueSho

Well.. things have been a bit slow lately.. Had the stomach flu since last Thursday.. Finally went to the Doc... nothing they can really do.. all my lab work came back spotless soooo just have to ride it out per se...

However, on the way to the doctor I hammered on the SHO a little bit...

Leak is gone, so I can conclude it was coming from the stock mounting plate getting a hair bend in it. Finally can put that one to rest. Did have small gas leak from the HPFP high pressure line from me pulling it off.. re-adjusted and tightened it down, fixed...

The MSD Blaster COP much to my surprise actually do help smooth out the rpms and idle. It was kinda of "Well they get good reviews.. I don't really think they are going to do anything, but why not" purchase.. well.. I agree with the reviews. It does seem to have a bit more ugg nugga up top.. maybe like 1 ugg nugga.. but also smoother...

Anyway.. waiting on an updated tune from Matt which is going to fix the throttle in first/second... should make a difference for sure.

SHOdded

Get well soon, in cliche parlance :D  Sounds like finally the SHO will be re-ascending to maximum potential!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

802SHO

Hope you and Blue feel better...."At the same Damn Time"
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

StealBlueSho

Just a lil something.... sorry car is dirty AF...

shoNoff

Hahaha nice touch. Looks good. Did you have those made?

StealBlueSho

Quote from: shoNoff on June 13, 2019, 07:37:51 PM
Hahaha nice touch. Looks good. Did you have those made?

Thanks! Yes custom made.

SHOdded

Even looks like an M from a distance ;)  Hope you put the smackdown on the flu!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

76fomoco

poor vett owners have no clue what they are getting into....on the street or on the track!
2013 PP AJP E30 160 TS, sp542 plugs, 3 bar, PPE catted DP's, GH IC, GH turbos, XDI-35, EPP hot and intake
Best 3-29-21  11.85 with 3000 DA
DA trap best 117.96
E30 = 492 whp, 536 wtq
E30+meth 498 whp, 539 wtq

StealBlueSho

Just little fun in 100F+ temps today...  old oil had 2,900 miles on it.. this was the original oil used with the turbo install plus multiple dynos, datalogs, and a few passes at the track..  LOOKED good.. no metal bits found with a magnet... 

Double checked for leaks etc and everything looks good.. the output seal on the PTU is still has a little shine on it but nothing serious yet.. 

So we now have fresh oil to continue the revisions on my turbos.. Matt is having to remap the tables since my car isn't responding the same way as his or anyone elses.. mine is VERY boost happy..

Progress has been made as the throttle is now opening all the way between shifts in a controlled manner so thats a plus.. keeping my fingers crossed that it will be good to go in the next couple revisions.. then onto the E30 revisions which shouldn't be near as bad since Matt said he can take the new mapping and apply them to the E30 tune..

I will say that getting these turbo's dialed in has been painful, BUT even the auto octane tune is a new beast with it almost done.. can't wait to see how the E30 feels.

Matt could cheat and apply parameters to get the car to respond correctly, but him and I discussed and agreed it would be better to have the turbos dialed in 100% as opposed to short cuts.

StealBlueSho

Added some more styling!