• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

SBS 2016 Taurus SHO Build Thread - LOCKED

Started by StealBlueSho, April 23, 2019, 08:59:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoNoff

My god SBS what a pain in the ass that is. Glad it turned into a sorta simple fix. Wonder if maybe a dab of low strength purple Loctite would help.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

StealBlueSho

Quote from: shoNoff on April 25, 2019, 09:51:27 AM
My god SBS what a pain in the ass that is. Glad it turned into a sorta simple fix. Wonder if maybe a dab of low strength purple Loctite would help.

That thing pushes 3000 psi from that spring... locktite ain't helping that lol!

The new bolts are longer, stronger, and better quality... should be OK. I hammered the snot out of it...still holding soo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Not exactly what I wanted to see after just paying the bill for the turbos and all the other work....

Good thing I hadn't eaten or I would have vomited probably..

Had my buddy who is a mechanic in the car with me... he kept me calm! Said bolts snap.. not the end of the world.

SHOdded

Lot of torque with that HPFP, we now know for sure LOL.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SM105K

Quote from: SHOdded on April 25, 2019, 10:36:23 AM

Since I am not worried about breaking my trans again, I wonder where the limit is before a rod gets kinked. I think a 500 hp/600 tq to the tire SHO would make for a interesting ride.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

StealBlueSho

Quote from: SM105K on April 25, 2019, 11:19:12 AM
Quote from: SHOdded on April 25, 2019, 10:36:23 AM

Since I am not worried about breaking my trans again, I wonder where the limit is before a rod gets kinked. I think a 500 hp/600 tq to the tire SHO would make for a interesting ride.

Not sure? I'm running as high as I feel comfortable right now...

I know the highest HP SHO LMS let out the door on stock internals was 465awhp.

18SHO

What's going to be awesome is there's only I think 2 other SHOs in the US That will be a run for the money after your tuned , your on stock block and no meth  😂😂 pump gas only
2018 SHO PP factory stock for now
AJPTURBO E30 tune stock plugs .028 gap
5.25.19 12.53 @ 112.96 1.85 60FT 1850 DA 71 F
Best trap 113.61

StealBlueSho

Quote from: 18SHO on April 25, 2019, 11:53:36 AM
What's going to be awesome is there's only I think 2 other SHOs in the US That will be a run for the money after your tuned , your on stock block and no meth  pump gas only

I appreciate the confidence! Track slips will help for sure. There are some pretty impressive SHO lately.

shoNoff

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on April 25, 2019, 11:57:06 AM
What's going to be awesome is there's only I think 2 other SHOs in the US That will be a run for the money after your tuned , your on stock block and no meth  pump gas only

I appreciate the confidence! Track slips will help for sure. There are some pretty impressive SHO lately.

I call bs on any track slip. No way your car can be fast and not tuned by ***.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: shoNoff on April 25, 2019, 12:09:28 PM

Parts procured by Nick Olson too!

shoNoff

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on April 25, 2019, 12:12:15 PM

hahaha not to muck up your thread to much. Im legit in tears that the companies name gets blocked. How could I forget Nick Olson. No idea how that power is getting down without his upgraded transmission lol.

SM105K

Quote from: shoNoff on April 25, 2019, 12:20:56 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSHO on April 25, 2019, 12:12:15 PM

hahaha not to muck up your thread to much. Im legit in tears that the companies name gets blocked. How could I forget Nick Olson. No idea how that power is getting down without his upgraded transmission lol.

Who?  Sierra Sierra India?  My tune only car pump gas car has gone faster then most of their race gas cars...yawn.   
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

StealBlueSho

Ok.. back on topic..

Pump is fixed... the car was way out of alignment.. I called National Speed, INC to let them know.. but being as I don't want to drive back there.. I went ahead and paid my go to shop to get it back in... Murphys Motorsports in Warrenton, VA... great place..

Their master tech took a look at everything, double checked the work that was done, had to make 2 hrs worth of adjustments to the cradle, suspension, etc.. but its all back into alignment..

Eric the tech said it looked good, no leaks, everything seems to be put back together correctly.. his one comment was they should have marked the cradle before removing it so they could have put it back where it was previously positioned.. would have made it A LOT easier to put back into alignment, if it even needed it.

18SHO

LOL 3 stars wonder what tuner has 3 letters
2018 SHO PP factory stock for now
AJPTURBO E30 tune stock plugs .028 gap
5.25.19 12.53 @ 112.96 1.85 60FT 1850 DA 71 F
Best trap 113.61