• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

SBS 2016 Taurus SHO Build Thread - LOCKED

Started by StealBlueSho, April 23, 2019, 08:59:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Quote from: 802SHO on May 13, 2019, 12:34:54 PM
Quote from: SM105K on May 13, 2019, 10:15:57 AM
Quote from: 802SHO on May 13, 2019, 05:30:53 AM
Auto octane GH tune for bigger turbos same power as E30 GH tune with stock turbos or bigger turbos?

He said GH E30 with stock turbos.

I know I guess I was hoping it was a typeo.  If I was already e30 tuned with stock turbos....then upgraded my turbos.I would be mad if after spending all that money I was back to the same power level as an e30 stock turbo tune with the auto octane upgraded turbo tune.

So there is a difference between the 87-94 octane tune and the E30 tune... Its pretty awesome thinking that I can go to a good 93 octane station.. fill up and potentially run high 11's without the need for meth or mixing fuels.  Vs on stock turbos with a HPFP and E30 I need to mix and monitor ethanol content...

Also you have to factor in wear and tear.. these turbos move 30% more volume.. so they work almost 1/3 less harder to develop the same power. Safer, cooler, and more efficient power designed to last vs maxing out the stockers... there are many more advantages but these come to mind first..

Now, if I want to run E30 with the bigger turbos then there is a MASSIVE difference between stock turbos and bigger turbos on E30 with Gearheads tune...

Perhaps my wording was poor in the first post concerning this.

802SHO

I gotcha, it makes more sense to me now and thank you for elaborating.  I could be wrong but 93+meth seems similar to power of e30.  I think at the end of the day we may have similar power even though I don't have the HPFP. 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

StealBlueSho

Quote from: 802SHO on May 13, 2019, 01:05:48 PM
I gotcha, it makes more sense to me now and thank you for elaborating.  I could be wrong but 93+meth seems similar to power of e30.  I think at the end of the day we may have similar power even though I don't have the HPFP.

Potentially. I would invest in a HPFP... i mean.. you already picked up the rest of the portfolio.. then you can just use the meth for cooling and octane.. not a fuel supplement which can cause issues if the pump fails.

SM105K

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on May 13, 2019, 01:07:20 PM
Quote from: 802SHO on May 13, 2019, 01:05:48 PM

Potentially. I would invest in a HPFP... i mean.. you already picked up the rest of the portfolio.. then you can just use the meth for cooling and octane.. not a fuel supplement which can cause issues if the pump fails.

I 100 percent agree, or you can just run high octane race fuel when you want to go max effort.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

802SHO

Yeah no doubt things get sketchy if relying on meth too much.  I can't afford a HPFP this year but its definitely a must have if your end goal is big power
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.

shoNoff

You should come to the town I work in. Tons of people rely on meth daily and they dont look so good. Oh wait that's crystal meth never mind.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

StealBlueSho

Swapped out the LMS Catch Can for the UPR Catch Can. Nothing wrong with the LMS Catch Can but between selling off the MyCalibrator and the LMS Catch Can I was able to cover the costs of the UPR dual check valve w/ CSS setup...  There are no longer ANY LMS related parts on my car now...

Install was OK at best.. the triheaded line that connects to the CSS, CC, and Intake needs to be a bit longer as I was unable to route it the way I wanted to route it. Oh well.. its installed.

Additionally, I am taking the car back to National Speed later today for another couple power pulls. I want to make sure the car is still producing the power and I am not having an issue. If the dyno come backs more than a few percentage points lower, I will be having a compression test done to make sure the motor is healthy. Will post dyno slips later day.

SM105K

"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

SHOdded

Why do you suspect compression loss?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: SHOdded on May 24, 2019, 11:35:08 AM
Why do you suspect compression loss?

I am trying to wrap my head around the track times... not sure what is going on.. If I am still putting down the same power, then there is something else going on.. tuning would be my guess. Car feels fine though but compression loss can be tricky. Between the XDI pump popping off (banging the cam), the stuck thermostat at same time of the knock event I had (6+ on the device) I just want verification that the car is still producing the right power out.

The car idles rougher but I also have installed the torque mounts so my baseline is off. I checked the plugs, they all look clean, tail pipes are clean, nothing seems to be off except for track times.. I did some searching through the forums and online.. and a cylinder under performing will cause power loss but may not be detectable by visuals.  I could pull plugs, buy a compression check tool, and find out... OR I can put it on a dyno for a few minutes to verify power output.. $79 for a couple quick pulls isn't much..

If the dyno numbers are off, then I will do a compression check, if not, then there is something else going on like I said. Seems to me a like a quick verification that isn't expensive. Matt was a little puzzled as well. 

SHOdded

Ford does a power balance test that can help in this instance.  Borescope the cylinder walls, pistons, and top rings.  Fingers crossed.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

802SHO

Like Easton said, I hope everything is ok man!  Doing the dyno pull makes sense to start off.  And then if need be and clearly hoping not, look deeper like Manu suggested! 

I commented on your post about the UPR kit on the length of hose.  You just got to disconnect all the hoses, remove the canister from the bracket, run that hose under the IC to TB pipe and between/underneath the compressor lines and get that hose back to where the canister was, connect all lines with it off the bracket and then secure the canister to the bracket.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: 802SHO on May 24, 2019, 12:49:11 PM
Like Easton said, I hope everything is ok man!  Doing the dyno pull makes sense to start off.  And then if need be and clearly hoping not, look deeper like Manu suggested! 

I commented on your post about the UPR kit on the length of hose.  You just got to disconnect all the hoses, remove the canister from the bracket, run that hose under the IC to TB pipe and between/underneath the compressor lines and get that hose back to where the canister was, connect all lines with it off the bracket and then secure the canister to the bracket.

Thanks for the UPR heads up... I tried routing that way, unfortunately the hose was still too short to connect by over an inch or so. Unless I am doing something else wrong... do you happen to have a picture of your hose route? THanks!

I have a good baseline dyno, so we will see what its doing. If power is comparable to what it was, then its just a tuning issue would be guess... 

shoNoff

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on May 24, 2019, 10:10:13 AM
Swapped out the LMS Catch Can for the UPR Catch Can. Nothing wrong with the LMS Catch Can but between selling off the MyCalibrator and the LMS Catch Can I was able to cover the costs of the UPR dual check valve w/ CSS setup...  There are no longer ANY LMS related parts on my car now...

Install was OK at best.. the triheaded line that connects to the CSS, CC, and Intake needs to be a bit longer as I was unable to route it the way I wanted to route it. Oh well.. its installed.

Additionally, I am taking the car back to National Speed later today for another couple power pulls. I want to make sure the car is still producing the power and I am not having an issue. If the dyno come backs more than a few percentage points lower, I will be having a compression test done to make sure the motor is healthy. Will post dyno slips later day.

First who the heck would run an LMS catch can ;)? 2nd I still stand by the bad air is effecting you more then you think. The difference from -1400 to 2200ft is pretty large. Just typing them into drag times da calculator you can see a 2/3 tenth drop in et and 2/3 mph drop. 60whp should be about 3 tenths or so. You may be down a touch but I don't think it's as bad as you are thinking.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

802SHO

I hope its just tuning related.  I mean, I want to say it must be but at least you're entertaining the idea it could be something more serious...hopefully just to rule out a serious issue. 

It could be your hose is too short.  It was tight getting it up there.  I will be able to show how I routed mine when I get back.  I'll even measure it to make sure we have the same length.........waiting for comments on that hahahaha