• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

SBS 2016 Taurus SHO Build Thread - LOCKED

Started by StealBlueSho, April 23, 2019, 08:59:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Updated photos from National Speed, Inc install!!! Just received the call that the car is all buttoned up, test drive went really well, no leaks. Dyno next!!!

ZSHO

Congrats SBS!!! Looks really Nice!! EPIC-SHO in the making!  :thumb: Now for some Time Slips! Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Agentlongwood

This is so damn cool.  But at the same time, the jealousy is real, lol.  One day.
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

18SHO

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on April 23, 2019, 03:05:26 PM
Updated photos from National Speed, Inc install!!! Just received the call that the car is all buttoned up, test drive went really well, no leaks. Dyno next!!!

I smell the new quarter mile record about to happen here
2018 SHO PP factory stock for now
AJPTURBO E30 tune stock plugs .028 gap
5.25.19 12.53 @ 112.96 1.85 60FT 1850 DA 71 F
Best trap 113.61

SM105K

Quote from: 18SHO on April 24, 2019, 08:47:25 AM
Quote from: StealBlueSHO on April 23, 2019, 03:05:26 PM

I smell the new quarter mile record about to happen here

It will be close, however could be short lived.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

StealBlueSho

Picked up the SHO... dyno slips and video coming soon!

Needless to say... holy sho balls Batman!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StealBlueSho

Big shout out to Matt Robinson at Gearhead and National Speed, Inc in Richmond, VA!!

These runs were on the base tune Matt sent me for E30. I specifically asked for a 475awhp tune to start... there is plenty in it. Datalog was spotless just about!

One is corrected and the other is not...

Corrected

Uncorrected

SM105K

"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

Jordan

World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

802SHO

She's truly one hell of a Wicked SHO now!!!  Awesome and very quick turnaround over there at National Speed! 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

StealBlueSho

Ran into a problem with the XDI pump yesterday.

Drove the 100 mile trip from Richmond to my house... my buddy came with with me and drove my fiesta back. Drop the fiesta off and he gets in the SHO...  get of my neighborhood and into the highway.. no boost... nothing... no check engine lights... no acceleration... just flat dead.... barely gets enough load to move..

Limp it over to the gas station....

The left bolt on the XDI pump that holds the plate/spacer to the cam lobe snapped... which caused the right bolt to pop out of the cam lobe pedestal which stripped about a 1/4inch of threading from the top of the hole...

Oil went everywhere!

We were able to use a small screw driver to unscrew the broken bolt from the HPFP pedestal. We did not need a screw gun with an extractor. We got very lucky...

Verified that there was enough thread depth left on the right hole to support a new screw. We had plenty of thread depth left.

Stock screw is 1.0x35mm 1.00 pitch with a torx head. The new screw that comes with the XDI pump is a 6Mx1.0x35mm 1.00 pitch stainless steel A270 hardness...

I ended up with picking up some 6Mx1.0x40mm 1.00 pitch 12.9 hardness screws...

I decided to go with a longer stronger bolt as the black plate is also a spacer... so there is plenty of extra thread depth to make up for the stripped amount.

Pulled the cam guide for the pump and checked it along with the cam for scoring or damage. It all looked very clean with no damage. Had to pull the plugs on cylinder 4 and 5 to clean up the pooled oil/fuel....

Needless to say... this was HIGHLY disappointing.

Separation of pump from lobe...

Broken bolt still in pedestal...

Stock bolt on left, broken on in middle, what it should be on right.

New bolts...

SM105K

Holy crap.  Grad you go the it sorted it out.  Do you see this being a problem again down the road?

StealBlueSho

Quote from: SM105K on April 25, 2019, 08:45:31 AM
Holy crap.  Grad you go the it sorted it out.  Do you see this being a problem again down the road?

I hope not...

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: SHOdded on April 25, 2019, 09:06:45 AM
:o :o :o  Whew, that was a CLOSE one!

Yea it was...

I know there are performance differences between the XDI and the LMS pump. But I like how the LMS utilizes stock fuel lines and stock bolts for the plates.

At this point I'm checking this pump after every drive to verify it's staying in place.

If it pops out again, completely strips the pedestal, it will need to go to the shop for repairs... in which XDI will be receiving a phone call and bill.