• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

SBS 2016 Taurus SHO Build Thread - LOCKED

Started by StealBlueSho, April 23, 2019, 08:59:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

So I suppose I need to start a build thread.. I am going to try to consolidate all my pictures, slips, dyno, and modification information in here.. hopefully it will help some!

This is a working thread... updates will be applied as I go....

2016 Taurus SHO with Performance Pack Purchased April 2018 with 7k miles from Ted Britt Ford Chantilly, VA Certified Pre-Owned.  Traded in my 2010 Meth Injected Taurus SHO.. side by side pics.

StealBlueSho

First things first... 3BAR Map, LMS Tune, 160 Tstat, and Airaid...

My initial intent was to do a solid 3BAR tune and call it a day..

StealBlueSho

After experiencing hesitation with the V11 tune from LMS, I went ahead and ordered their Firestorm HPFP. Mind you, I was planning on purchasing this anyway.. I also received their first version of the E30 tune.. After install I went to the track.. Also modified engine cover to fit the new pump.

Mods at this point:

3Bar, 160 Tstat, Airaid, Firestorm HPFP, and LMS E30 Tune. 12.799 car.

StealBlueSho

Next up was getting the car lowered on HR springs. Very happy with the results! Alignment right after and then a follow up alignment after springs settled.

Shout to Murphy's Motorsports in Warrenton, VA!!

StealBlueSho

Matt Robinson from GH reached out to me after seeing my slips and results with the LMS E30 tune and offered to tune my SHO. I spent some time thinking on it, he provided me a free tune to see if I liked it. I had already used his Methanol Tune on my 2010 and was impressed. I decided to give it a shot! Also updated to apple carplay by swapping out the USB hub.

StealBlueSho

Track event at Capital Raceway in MD... First run with the Gearhead E30 tune.. currently mods were:

3BAR, SP-542, 160 Tstat, Firestorm HPFP, HR Springs, and GH E30 Tune..

StealBlueSho

LMS reached out to me to let me know there was an updated E30 Tune... I went ahead and purchased the new MyCalibratorTouch and received the Aggressive E30 tune from LMS. I also purchased the Gearhead intercooler and installed as well. Also had help from my buddy..

StealBlueSho

Had a blast at Ford Nationals in Carlisle, PA with a few of the fastest SHO's out there! This was a blast! Made some really good friends, I highly recommend my fellow SHO enthusiasts to join when they can! 

Also had custom puddle lights made that shine the SHO logo!

StealBlueSho

Santa brought me an awesome present.. Corsa exhaust installed..

StealBlueSho

Windows Tinted... LMS Catch Can installed...

Dyno and Track!!! Gearhead vs LMS heads up E30 tunes!

Mods at the time:

3BAR, SP-542, Airaid, 160Tstat, GH Intercooler, Firestorm HPFP, Corsa Exhaust, and HR Springs

Shout out to National Speed, Inc in Richmond, VA for the extra dyno time and patience! Elrich and Charlie were awesome!!!

Track was Maryland International Raceway.

StealBlueSho

Ethanol Analyzer, fresh plugs, custom fuel line,  EPP hot pipes, and torque mounts installed...GH Turbos ordered... install scheduled for Aprill 22nd 2019... 

StealBlueSho

Swapped the LMS Firestorm for the XDI-30 per tuners request. Matt Robinson did a 1:1 swap so it cost me nothing to swap them. Talk about customer service!!

StealBlueSho

Car dropped off for GH turbo upgrades, EPP downpipe install, PTU flush, and updated dyno tuning!

StealBlueSho

SHO at National Speed, INC getting the turbo installed!!!!!!!

shoNoff

God making this thread might take longer then building the car ;). Car is looking great awesome info you have put together here SBS. Can't wait to see what that beast does.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile