• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Spark plugs

Started by avidmotion, April 20, 2019, 01:17:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

avidmotion

Is stock gap .030 for the sp-542, I ordered the 542s and the pro gapper for 3 bucks, with tax and shipping 6 plugs and gapper was 51 bucks...now just need those 2 front O2s, I think rock had them for 61 bucks, which I saw same ones listed elsewhere for 120 ea! I have a tune, GH intercooler, is .028 the right sauce for this combo?
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

ZSHO

Quote from: avidmotion on May 12, 2019, 05:55:24 PM
Is stock gap .030 for the sp-542, I ordered the 542s and the pro gapper for 3 bucks, with tax and shipping 6 plugs and gapper was 51 bucks...now just need those 2 front O2s, I think rock had them for 61 bucks, which I saw same ones listed elsewhere for 120 ea! I have a tune, GH intercooler, is .028 the right sauce for this combo?
The Combo sounds about right IMO But would always Confirm with your TUNER PRIOR! Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FiveLeeter918

Just FYI for anyone interested, we at Ortiz Performance stock the SP-542s pre-gapped to 0.026 for only $59.99 shipped to your door. Let me know if we can help!
- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!

ZSHO

Quote from: FiveLeeter918 on May 15, 2019, 01:22:00 PM
Just FYI for anyone interested, we at Ortiz Performance stock the SP-542s pre-gapped to 0.026 for only $59.99 shipped to your door. Let me know if we can help!
Nice options! FWIW Might want to post in the vendor section for reference! Z  :)

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/board,248.0.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

avidmotion

So I was changing plugs not so much that I thought I needed them, just checking gap and condition. Saw a couple was that was beat up so I decided if pulling to look might as well change them. Glad I did. MPG has been down but new intercooler ,change of seasons etc thought no big deal. I have 34,000 on new sp 534@.030.... On the plugs I pulled they were beat up pretty good, @.035+ gap on all of them and one the insulator around the tip was eroded and chipped. Otherwise the color was good if a little hot/lean ...whitish tan light brown color, no oil etc. Started to have a very light stutter that only I could feel during light part throttle acceleration.
New plug sp-542 @.028 going in, will report after I take for ride , get gas and wash car....
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.