• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

F150 Platinum FX4

Started by sholxgt, April 12, 2019, 08:39:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sholxgt

Quote from: shoNoff on April 16, 2019, 01:49:39 PM
Weird I feel the total opposite. My mother, father, sister and aunt all have sync 3. I get into their cars and I feel like sync 2 is from the 90's.

Did you do the update to add Siri hands free to your sync2?  Mine was faster after that update.

Features of my sync3 are good.  My only complaint is the boot time.  I'm halfway through my neighborhood before it will accept the first channel change.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

shoNoff

I have never updated my sync system. I didn't buy the car new I bought it roughly 2 years ago. I tried to go online and see if there was an update available and it said my system was up to date.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

sholxgt

Sync 3 is continuing to annoy me.  Now every time I get in the car it says that some features may not be available until the system updates and to connect it to wi-fi or Ford Pass app.  Well, it's sitting in my driveway connected to my high speed Internet AND has access to my phone for Ford Pass.

I have to click through a bunch of menu's to get rid of the notice.  Very frustrating!
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

SHOdded

I think you can turn wifi off to prevent this, but not sure.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

sholxgt

On a brighter note, I've been plugging away at de-chroming it...

Mirrors and badges are now black...

Painted the door handles body color...

Tow hooks painted black and lower front valance removed and holes plugged...

Need to get pics of some other stuff that I've changed.  Truck looks quite a bit less dressy now and much more sporty.

sholxgt

Installed molded mud flaps at all 4 corners and replaced the problematic (bulging nut issue) lug nuts with some anodized black Gorilla lug nuts.  A bit pricey, but I sure don't want bulging nuts...

sholxgt

Oh, not sure if I had posted it anywhere, but I also now have a 93 performance/tow and 94 performance tunes from 5 Star to go along with a Reische thermostat and K&N drop in filter.  Also have Driven gear lube on the way for the front and rear diff's and Driven ATF coming for the transfer case.

Should be receiving the Bilstein 5100 kit with adjustable front ride height this week as well.

My plan is to install the Bilstein kit this weekend.  Looks to be a pain, but at least I have air tools.

The thermostat, gear lubes, transfer case ATF, oil change, and tune reflash will probably all wait for when the truck hits 1,000 miles on the odometer.

Strange side note...I picked up a gallon of coolant at the Ford dealer for the planned thermostat change and was surprised to find out that Ford has, once again, changed coolant types.  It's getting a bit ridiculous.  The new coolant is $20 a jug and is bright fluorescent yellow.  Looks to be radioactive.   

SHOdded

Yeah, yellow, not gold, LOL.  Have to keep up with refrigerants!  If your F uses R1234yf, I would get an extended warranty that covers A/C (PremiumCare) if you have not already.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

sholxgt

Quote from: SHOdded on April 30, 2019, 09:28:55 AM
Yeah, yellow, not gold, LOL.  Have to keep up with refrigerants!  If your F uses R1234cyf, I would get an extended warranty that covers A/C (PremiumCare) if you have not already.

I may live to regret it, but I purchased an aftermarket warranty by MPP instead of PremiumCare.  The MPP Platinum warranty covers A/C parts, but does not cover "A/C Recharging."  Not sure if PremiumCare covers that or not.  Looking at the P/C coverage, it's not listed as covered, but you know those warranties much better than I.

SHOdded

When they replaced the leaky compressor on my Edge, they recharged it, at no charge LOL.  Home A/C is different, they getcha on every little thing, especially refrigerant.  You will have to ask MPP If refrigerant is covered or not if a faulty a/c part has to be replaced.
https://www.moderntiredealer.com/article/721959/real-world-experience-with-r1234yf-the-new-refrigerant-is-finally-here-are-you-ready

sholxgt

Raptor steering wheel installed yesterday.  Changing the steering wheel was easy.  Running the wires to make the paddles work were a different story.  I also moved my upscale Platinum trim over to the Raptor wheel.  Retained all functions and now have paddles.  The big aluminum paddles have a GREAT feel.  Definitely a quality piece.

sholxgt

Bilstein struts & shocks installed with front set at +1.75", rear 2.5" block installed, and now riding on 34" Nitto Terra Grapplers.

Front springs were crazy hard to compress to install.  I'm used to car springs.

Also, I applied a nice coat of Jay Leno's Radiant sealant...

sholxgt

And I'm now ready for it's 1,000 mile party!  Just 150 or so more miles and it will get a complete fluid change, thermostat, filter, and 5Star tune loaded...

sholxgt

Everything above is now installed :)  The 5Star 93 performance/tow tune is very smooth and improved the way it drives, but it feels like there's still a lot left on the table.

I'm going to try their 94 performance tune next.

Plan on an Unleashed tune also.  Maybe see if he can give me a HOT tune to see what this thing can do.

SHOdded

Where in the US do you get 94?