• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

F150 Platinum FX4

Started by sholxgt, April 12, 2019, 08:39:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sholxgt

Quote from: SHOdded on May 28, 2019, 06:02:20 PM
Where in the US do you get 94?

Boostane :D  Stuff works insanely well as a topper to 93.  Takes very little to make 95 or 96.  Was running it in the MKS for the past year and it loved the stuff.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

sholxgt

Forgot to report back that I've been running the 94 performance tune for a few weeks now.  HOLY MOLY, SWEET TIRE SMOKE!  It kicks but!  Second gear roll on and it just smolders the 34" Nitto's.  Fun for sure!
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

sholxgt

I also sent off the oil from the first change for analysis.  More metals than I would like, but guess it's par for the course with a new motor.

What was surprising was to see how quickly the Motorcraft oil went to total poo.  Thanks to AJP and my previous analysis from the MKS, I knew I wanted to get that junk out early.  Here's the results.  Any thoughts?

SHOdded

Still breaking in, no worries.  There is no fuel dilution, but I would recheck any changes to intake plumbing to make sure no external source of silicon is ending up in the oil.

Definitely need to step up the oil game, it sheared very quickly.  TBN should have held up, but don't know for sure.  I know I was disappointed when I switched from Motorcraft synblend to Motorcraft full synthetic on my Edge.  It actually ran better on synblend LOL.  Likely would have been better off with the new Shell Rotella G&T than Motorcraft.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

sholxgt

Much happier with the results from the Driven oil.  Even with a much longer drain interval it maintained viscosity.  Look at the crazy amount of moly also!

SHOdded

Pretty good!  That fuel tho ... you got a catchcan in there?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

sholxgt

Yes, have a catch can.  So far it's collected about 2 tablespoons of oil.

Sadly, it's not even from city driving.  Live in the country and every outing is 55mph roads and 5+ mile drives.

FWIW, all EB reports I have seen have fuel dilution.  My MKS did as well.

At least the Driven oil is maintaining viscosity unlike the full syn Motorcraft I ran for one interval in the Lincoln.

SHOdded