• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

BIG Thank you to Torrie @ Unleashed!

Started by Needmoreboost, August 23, 2013, 12:11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueSHO

Too bad no tunes for the XSport.. :-(

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

tmcphail

I need ECU support before I can do that. Go yell at SCT to get the controller supported if you want me involved.
Take care,
Mr. Torrie R. McPhail - Owner
Unleashed Tuning Ford/GM/DCX SCT Custom Calibrator
EcuTek Nissan R35 GTR Custom Tuner
HPTuners Custom Tuner / Dealer

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Needmoreboost on August 23, 2013, 12:46:20 PM
One more big point that most people miss.  Tunes created on the dyno to make xxx numbers are not always the fastest nor safest on the street for your particular car.  Live road logging the best!

I think this is true, but I wish Mr Torrie would chime in with his thoughts. That facebook post with the SHO putting down 471 WTQ tune only is very intriguing and I'm wondering if that power could be replicated with a logged tune vs dyno.

EcoBrick Bob

Torrie will have tunes for Sport within hours of SCT offering  him the codes he needs!!! Not his fault... SCT can be a bit slow... but the end result is more than worthwhile!
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

EcoBrick Bob

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on August 23, 2013, 01:21:10 PM
Well overall SCT 3000/3015 with a laptop, the iTSX has problems with certain PIDS specifically AFR, HOWEVER SCT doesn't datalog fuel rail pressure which is super important as well, the only thing that can is Torque.

The SCT LiveLink versions before LiveLinkII logged FRP just fine.  Torrie sent me a link to LiveLink 6.5 that I am again using to log FRP among other things.  It is a bit glitchy at times, but at least it logs the correct values.  The new LL II has issues.  I have worked with SCT on my GM tuner, as LL II doesn't allow me to log any analog items, which meant I couldn't log A/F... which meant my $300. Innovate Wide Band was worthless, as well as any tuning...

SCT frustrates me many tiimes... especially when I was logging on my GM tuner and it quit working... $75. later plus 3 wks at SCT fixed it... but it shouldn't have quit... was due to LL II not working and my inept handling of the tuner... I guess.  Torrie is great!!! I am switching to HP tuners once in FL for my G8's...  Torrie can tune with it too... Wish it worked for Flex... Or if Cobb worked for Flex.
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011

Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

tmcphail

Take care,

melc

I have to chime-in because this is worth mentioning. Torrie is the real deal. I am just a regular run of the mill customer that did not spend thousands of dollars buying his products and services. Usually after a sale is done, the seller is moving on to the next customer; not with this guy.

His post sale calibration support is awesome. I just recently installed my Unleashed W/M kit and I have to tell yah, less than an hour after emailing the datalog file (on two occassions), Torrie comes back with the revised tune file...WOW.

Thanks Torrie!!

2011 Black SHO PP
Livernois and Unleashed 91 octane tunes
Unleashed W/M system
Auxiliary trans cooler
AirAid CAI Eiback Springs LED lamps inside

EcoBrick Bob

Plus 1000!!!  Torrie may not be the most talkative responder... but he has given me much more than I have paid him for...

PS:  Torrie... I owe you!!!!

tmcphail

Thank you both, and Bob is on point to state that I am a tad bit concise  :)
Take care,

EcoBrick Bob

And thank you all... I am back in FLORIDA!!!!   It feels like..... H.O.M.E.!  Now I just need to find out what color my Flex is... after 3 days of unbelievable rains!  Hot in Naples... 76 @ 9:30 PM.

tmcphail

Take care,