• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

DiCunzolo GEN2 Upgraded Trans Mount Review!

Started by Jordan, April 09, 2019, 08:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agentlongwood

Quote from: ecoboostsho on April 17, 2019, 08:39:43 AM
if you just do the newer rear mount and no front I think you will end up with the same situation as the 13-17?

Huh?  Do you mean you'd be in the same situation as the 18+ model years?  Because after 2018 they have a better rear mount and no front.  So if you have say a 2014, if you ran this DiCunzolo Gen2 rear mount and no front, then you'd have basically the same set up as the 18+ cars.  Or am I going crazy and reading this wrong, lol...
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

ecoboostsho

Quote from: Agentlongwood on April 17, 2019, 02:29:54 PM
Quote from: ecoboostsho on April 17, 2019, 08:39:43 AM
if you just do the newer rear mount and no front I think you will end up with the same situation as the 13-17?

Huh?  Do you mean you'd be in the same situation as the 18+ model years?  Because after 2018 they have a better rear mount and no front.  So if you have say a 2014, if you ran this DiCunzolo Gen2 rear mount and no front, then you'd have basically the same set up as the 18+ cars.  Or am I going crazy and reading this wrong, lol...
Okay sorry that was a little confusing. LOL  I was just wondering that if instead of going with the DiCunzolo mounts you could use the "upgraded" factory stronger rear mount AND keep the factory rubber front mount for additional stiffness.  It would be a sort of in between stock and full DiCunzolo poly mounts scenario if one was worried about the additional NVH from solid mounts.  It would only be an option for people that had a car with front mounts originally since they apparently disappeared from cars 18+...

I myself am probably going to go the DiCunzolo path as I would appreciate the direct drivetrain connection but I can imagine not everyone wants the added NVH of the solids...

Make any more sense?
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

Agentlongwood

Ok yeah that makes sense, lol.  The other thing I was wondering is if you could use the DiCunzolo mounts, but swap out the poly bushings for some beefy rubber ones.  The way DiCunzolo's mounts are built, even a stout rubber bushing in them would probably have WAAAAYYYY less slop than the factory mounts, and maybe be a little less harsh than poly.

SHOdded

And so the quest for level 1 and level 2 has begun.  LOL.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Agentlongwood

I asked the man himself on facebook if he knew of other bushings that I could get that would fit his mount.  I was asking specifically about high durometer rubber.  Mr. Dicunzolo said he's actually tried a whole slew of different types of bushings and found polyurethane was best all around.  He said the NVH is noticeably more significant at first, but that it tends to die down a bit after driving on them for a while.

avidmotion

Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

ecoboostsho

Quote from: avidmotion on May 05, 2019, 08:56:28 PM
.....what is NVH.
Noise, vibration, harshness! I just ordered these myself. He's super responsive.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)

4sfed

Quote from: Agentlongwood on April 17, 2019, 11:43:24 PM
...He said the NVH is noticeably more significant at first, but that it tends to die down a bit after driving on them for a while.

Yep!  I've got about 1000 miles on them now, and the NVH is noticably diminished.  However not gone. I still feel a great connection to the drivetrain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015 SHO, GH E30 tune, GH intercooler, 3 bar, SP542's, PPE Cat'd DP's, XDI-35, H&R springs, AD Gen2 mounts
Factory Five Mark III, 2004 Mach I donor (gone)
2003 Mustang Cobra 'vert, 456 rwhp, with mods (gone)
2002 MB C32 AMG (gone)
1997 Cobra 'vert, Vortech'd (gone)

Ramairetransam

i still want to try just the rear decunzo (sp) rear mount and no front , lower the price and see how it is.
13 Mks Ecoboost

ecoboostsho

Just installed these and it was pretty easy to do. You can feel the vibration in the steering wheel the most but I kind of like it. Haven't had a chance to go for a test drive but will first thing tomorrow.  Top notch quality!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

shoNoff

Got mine in on Thursday. Ive only driven the car twice since. I noticed a little bit of NVH but nothing I cant deal with. Its not nearly as bad as some other cars Ive done this to in the past. I'll report more on Monday after I take a long ride tomorrow.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

Moisme33

So has anyone installed the DiCunzalo V2 rear mount and left the stocker on the front in the 2010-2017 SHO yet? If so, how is the NVH with that set-up? Thanks in advance!

MKS Tom

I am concerned about the NVH as a daily, but I will get them before I track it next year.  Anthony is an extremely nice guy.  I am probably overthinking the NVH in general as a daily too, but I will find that out once I get them. 
2013 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, 70,000 miles.  3 bar map 93 tune (E30 in the future) by both AJP Turbo and Ortiz Performance.  PPE catted down pipes, EPP dual CAI (not yet installed so K&N drop in), .026 gapped SP542, 170 degree thermostat, Dynomax axlebacks, and Power Stop Z23 pads and rotors.

SHOdded

Since there is a change in NVH from changing the mount, it should theroretically be possible to rebalance the engine/transmission to accommodate the new mounts to a better precision for less movement/noise.  Very much the same idea as wheel weights :)  Instead of blueprinting the powertrain, make a few simple & replicable changes to the casing (non-permanent).

IDK if anyone has done it yet, but I am sure in racing applications they might have.  Anyone looked into this?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

GhostlyGrenade

Whenever you change the materials used for suspension or motor mounts/trans mounts you will change the harshness levels. I remember changing A arm bushings and end links and it substantially increased NVH to the point of uncomfortable daily but great for racing. Sacrifices are made with parts like this, especially when companies like ford spend thousands in engineering vs aftermarket/homemade spending almost zero. The 18/19 mount is a huge upgrade from the previous one. And it's only 40$ or so. But it isn't perfect, so there is still some room for improvement. It doesn't add any NVH though, so it still feels and sounds like a luxury car.
2015 SHO Darkside paint color, 3 bar, Motorcraft SP542 plugs@0.28, MSD Coils, K&N drop in, Continental Extreme Contact tires 255/45R20, EBC Yellow pads, 170 T-Stat, Redline 5w30, updated to the 2018+ trans mount, E-30 Blend, TUNED by AJPTurbo