• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Engine advice? What would you do

Started by Spyder3000gtvr4, April 08, 2019, 02:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spyder3000gtvr4

So I didn't catch my water pump failure early enough and after replacing it the engine only lasted about 600miles. It's knocking horribly. It's a 2010 sho with 150K.

I found a 2013 sho engine with 100k 5 hours away with turbos for 1400$ With oil cooler (mine doesn't have that) have to research what else would be needed to swap a 13 into a 10

I found 1 decently priced 2010-2012 sho engine within reasonable distance so I can swap my new chain setup and water pump and slightly used turbos into that.

Or do I just remove the engine open it up and order some new parts from Livernois and drag it out 6 months. It's a spare car so it's not needed tomorrow, but I generally work 6days a week. I am mechanically inclined and did the turbo/timing swap myself. Have no problem pulling the engine and opening it up.

What would you guys do?????
Kik: Spyder3000gtvr4

Got my Sho deciding to make it a DD or use it for my tube chassis build :)

jman

I'd go for the 2010-2012 to make the swap as easy as possible, the less headaches the better.
If I had a best buddy, neighbor or uncle that has done a 2013+ swap and knows all what is required, then I'd go for the best deal (mileage and price).

Just realized you have more than one thread going for the same... you should stick to one and get/keep all answers and info in one spot.

2010 - Unleashed Tune - Corsa Exhaust - 275/40-R20 - H&R Springs

Spyder3000gtvr4

I was going to post it on there but figured start a new one since it's a different "subject" now. I do tend to start new post to often and often get called out. Mostly because there's a lot of topics that tend to change topics so when I'm researching it then all the sudden you read 8 pages off tangent from the original topic 40minutes later lol you didn't find the answer your researching. So sorry in advance to anybody else as again I do it to often.

As far as the 10-12 engine at least I can use my couple hundred mile old water pump and timing chain setup with phasers :)

jman

Here is a very useful site to find parts from salvage yards.

http://car-part.com/

2010 - Unleashed Tune - Corsa Exhaust - 275/40-R20 - H&R Springs

Spyder3000gtvr4

Yea checked out car-part last night after I read a write up on another forum on what's needed to use a 13+ in a 10-12. Turns outs it's just a few simple things. I found a 2017 pp engine with 19k on it. Talking to the guy already it's 5 hours away but figure it's worth the drive

Ps great rims, great stance.