• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Upgraded Transmission Mounts? (Dogbone)

Started by StinkinLinkin13, April 04, 2019, 10:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jordan

Yep, I've always said the NVH on these was extremely minimal. There is no downside to me personally.
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

MKS Tom

That is good to know.  I have been hesitant on them due to that as I don't want it to make my ride less enjoyable.
2013 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, 70,000 miles.  3 bar map 93 tune (E30 in the future) by both AJP Turbo and Ortiz Performance.  PPE catted down pipes, EPP dual CAI (not yet installed so K&N drop in), .026 gapped SP542, 170 degree thermostat, Dynomax axlebacks, and Power Stop Z23 pads and rotors.

shoNoff

I just got word mine are at my house now. I'll try to get them in tomorrow if it ever stops raining. I will give a full report as well after driving with them for a few days. I will say Anthony DiCunzolo seems like a top notch guy with great customer service. Thank you Jordan for sending me his way.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

Jordan

Quote from: shoNoff on April 27, 2019, 12:53:51 PM
I just got word mine are at my house now. I'll try to get them in tomorrow if it ever stops raining. I will give a full report as well after driving with them for a few days. I will say Anthony DiCunzolo seems like a top notch guy with great customer service. Thank you Jordan for sending me his way.

No problem! I really think this mod is tied with intercooler in terms of benefits and I recommend both to everyone interested. Enjoy!
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

River8478

Too bad these add noticeable NVH. I'd buy a pair for my MKS, but I don't want to ruin the ultra-comfy ride haha. Same reason I don't lower the car.

ridered74

Quote from: River8478 on May 17, 2019, 04:26:02 PM
Too bad these add noticeable NVH. I'd buy a pair for my MKS, but I don't want to ruin the ultra-comfy ride haha. Same reason I don't lower the car.

Mine have been on for about 1500 miles now, I wouldn't even call it noticeable now. It was minimal at the time of install. If I were to get another car for some reason this would be the first mod I would do. I also have not lowered my car for the same reason.
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

GhostlyGrenade

Southside Machine Performance is Original builder of this aftermarket delight.
Designed, built, requested and improved by the guys that demand performance from the 3.5 Ecoboost.
After much testing in 2018 this is the product that you demand.

Cut out the middle man and buy direct from the builder!
Made in the USA!

This is our 3rd Generation. Built to hold 1800 HP.
The Race Version is the Standard Poly version you have been reading about in the chat rooms.
The Street Version is a lighter Poly Bushing for reduced vibration compared to the Race Version.

Improved 60' times and improve that sloppy 1-2 shift.

Fits 2013-2017 Ford Taurus and Explorer, 3.5L Turbo, Front LT & RT Torque Strut Mount
Due to several requests we now offer an adjustable long mount to clear some of the larger poorly positioned pipes.
The Track Pack option will include both Street and Race bushings.

Easy bolt on installation.
Quiet squeak-free operation. (no grease needed).
Optional grease fittings for they guys that think its needed. Most are ready to ship.
Please allow 3-5 days lead time due to options, inventory and production needs.

https://southsidemachineperformance.com/products/ssm-ecoboost-motor-mounts-torque-struts

2015 SHO Darkside paint color, 3 bar, Motorcraft SP542 plugs@0.28, MSD Coils, K&N drop in, Continental Extreme Contact tires 255/45R20, EBC Yellow pads, 170 T-Stat, Redline 5w30, updated to the 2018+ trans mount, E-30 Blend, TUNED by AJPTurbo

802SHO

Quote from: GhostlyGrenade on June 20, 2019, 06:05:41 PM
Designed, built, requested and improved by the guys that demand performance from the 3.5 Ecoboost.

Made in the USA!

The Race Version is the Standard Poly version you have been reading about in the chat rooms.
The Street Version is a lighter Poly Bushing for reduced vibration compared to the Race Version.

Fits 2013-2017 Ford Taurus and Explorer, 3.5L Turbo, Front LT & RT Torque Strut Mount
Due to several requests we now offer an adjustable long mount to clear some of the larger poorly positioned pipes.

Optional grease fittings for they guys that think its needed. Most are ready to ship.

https://southsidemachineperformance.com/products/ssm-ecoboost-motor-mounts-torque-struts

Is this for real?  I'm trying to understand this.  Ok:  This is the 3rd generation yet no one has ever heard of this company before all while their 1st and 2nd generation torque mounts have been in use?  For 2013+ SHO's only?  So the other guy Dicunzolo just copied them?  Or orders them through this company...in lightning speed to get them to your house within 24 hours?  Doesn't seem plausible that this company originated these torque mounts but no one knew about it.  I hope it's not the opposite...I hope Dicunzolo isn't getting ripped off here. 

Are you a company representative or just came across their site and are sharing? 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

GhostlyGrenade

I just saw it while trying to figure out if I was going aftermarket or upgraded factory. I decided to use revised factory rear and retain the original front. I wanted to share it with anyone who was interested in upgrading. I have no idea who invented the part but I'm glad people are keeping this platform going.
2015 SHO Darkside paint color, 3 bar, Motorcraft SP542 plugs@0.28, MSD Coils, K&N drop in, Continental Extreme Contact tires 255/45R20, EBC Yellow pads, 170 T-Stat, Redline 5w30, updated to the 2018+ trans mount, E-30 Blend, TUNED by AJPTurbo

802SHO

I agree it's awesome to see new upgraded parts coming out for this platform. 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

StinkinLinkin13

According to a post of theirs on FB they were the manufacturer that guy was using. Why they say cut out the middle man.
Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

shoNoff

I've used southside machine products on previous fox bodies. Really good stuff and made of high quality.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

ZSHO

Quote from: 802SHO on June 21, 2019, 06:28:48 AM
Quote from: GhostlyGrenade on June 20, 2019, 06:05:41 PM

Made in the USA!

Is this for real?  I'm trying to understand this.  Ok:  This is the 3rd generation yet no one has ever heard of this company before all while their 1st and 2nd generation torque mounts have been in use?  For 2013+ SHO's only?  So the other guy Dicunzolo just copied them?  Or orders them through this company...in lightning speed to get them to your house within 24 hours?  Doesn't seem plausible that this company originated these torque mounts but no one knew about it.  I hope it's not the opposite...I hope Dicunzolo isn't getting ripped off here. 

Are you a company representative or just came across their site and are sharing?
I suspect he is sharing and giving an alternative product to consider that's all. Z  :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

MKS Tom

The ones from Anthony have grease fittings and look to be a better quality.  I have not seen either of them in person, but based on the pics that would be my opinion and I am a machinist by trade so I do have a decent idea on what I am looking at.  Anthony is also a very nice guy.  I still haven't gotten them because I am unsure if I want to add ANY NVH to my MKS, but if I do get around to tracking it I will buy them before to add them for the track at least. 
2013 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, 70,000 miles.  3 bar map 93 tune (E30 in the future) by both AJP Turbo and Ortiz Performance.  PPE catted down pipes, EPP dual CAI (not yet installed so K&N drop in), .026 gapped SP542, 170 degree thermostat, Dynomax axlebacks, and Power Stop Z23 pads and rotors.

GhostlyGrenade

The ones from Southside machine are available with or without grease fittings, two different bushings for street or race, and powder coated. As well as being rated for 1800hp. They have pictures on their website.

I chose to use the upgraded stock mount for warranty reasons as well as no added NVH. Once my warranty is up, I plan to use the SSM mounts as well as upgrade intercooler and other things.