• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Upgraded Transmission Mounts? (Dogbone)

Started by StinkinLinkin13, April 04, 2019, 10:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jordan

So a too long didn't read version of the mounts is....

Anthony Dicunzolo approached ssm to make the mounts and did so for the better part of half a year. Anthony wanted to make changes to them to better them and ssm didn't want to comply. Therefore Anthony changed manufacturers and ssm continued to produce the original versions and then under cut Anthony. Really scummy business practices if you ask me. There was no contract or anything just verbal agreements. So while Anthony still produces and sells them he is in no shape or form related to ssm anymore.

Also just like Andrew mentioned you never heard of them selling them to the public before because up until Anthony switched manufacturers they didn't have them on their site or sell publicly.
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

SM105K

Quote from: Jordan on July 31, 2019, 09:31:04 AM
So a too long didn't read version of the mounts is....

Anthony Dicunzolo approached ssm to make the mounts and did so for the better part of half a year. Anthony wanted to make changes to them to better them and ssm didn't want to comply. Therefore Anthony changed manufacturers and ssm continued to produce the original versions and then under cut Anthony. Really scummy business practices if you ask me. There was no contract or anything just verbal agreements. So while Anthony still produces and sells them he is in no shape or form related to ssm anymore.

Also just like Andrew mentioned you never heard of them selling them to the public before because up until Anthony switched manufacturers they didn't have them on their site or sell publicly.

Interesting to say the least. I am glad I bought directly through Anthony.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

802SHO

My spidey senses told me there was something wrong there.  I too am glad I bought from the original creator.  His mounts and customer service are top notch!
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

SHOdded

yeah pretty commonplace what happened :(  Go Team Anthony!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

shoNoff

Anthony was awesome to deal with. Had the things to my house in 1 day.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

802SHO

Quote from: GhostlyGrenade on July 31, 2019, 12:39:34 PM
That isn't the entire story but I'm glad there are two versions to pick from.
You can never have too many choices when it comes to upgrades.
I've always hoped some of the other tuner companies would jump on this platform as well, I mean it couldn't hurt.
I guess the f150 Ecoboost doesn't share enough similarities to share aftermarket support.
Could someone post the specs and pictures of Anthony's version?

What is your affiliation with SSM?  Someone mentions the mounts you are almost always there to correct the name of whatever.  More than just a guy who found them on the SSM site as you portray.  Now you know an alternate version of events with Anthony and SSM?  C'mon man.  You work for them or used to? 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.

Jordan

Quote from: 802SHO on July 31, 2019, 03:40:27 PM
Quote from: GhostlyGrenade on July 31, 2019, 12:39:34 PM
That isn't the entire story but I'm glad there are two versions to pick from.
You can never have too many choices when it comes to upgrades.
I've always hoped some of the other tuner companies would jump on this platform as well, I mean it couldn't hurt.
I guess the f150 Ecoboost doesn't share enough similarities to share aftermarket support.
Could someone post the specs and pictures of Anthony's version?

What is your affiliation with SSM?  Someone mentions the mounts you are almost always there to correct the name of whatever.  More than just a guy who found them on the SSM site as you portray.  Now you know an alternate version of events with Anthony and SSM?  C'mon man.  You work for them or used to?

Ha, now you can see why I snipped a little on my 11.38 post...
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

shoNoff

Upon further investigation this is not the south side machine I used to get my foxbody parts from. This is south side machine performance. I used the original south side machine for Fox body parts.

https://southsidemachine.com/
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

802SHO

Quote from: GhostlyGrenade on July 31, 2019, 05:47:11 PM
Well, I guess I better start from the beginning. When I was looking for a new vehicle, I had a few must haves: AWD or 4WD, large cargo area, and has to be a Ford.
so i went to a dealer and test drove an Explorer, it was nice and I thought I was settled but saw a large sedan and asked about it. The salesman said it was a Taurus with AWD and a massive trunk. So i test drove it and thought wow this thing is loaded and sporty? hmm do I need an suv...so I figured I'd take lunch and think about it.
I admit I didnt know what a SHO was at the time, so it was suprising to read about it online and discover it was a good value. I returned and drove it home. Started to wonder about simple mods like airfilter and intake, visual mods and such. So I began researching online and discovered this forum. I was amazed at all of the information that was available and immediately joined. I started seeing information about tunes and decided to try it.  Convincing myself if anything happened I can return it to stock and play dumb at the dealership. As I ordered the tuner, I read more about different tuners and discovered i needed a 3bar and plugs. So they were ordered. I have almost purchased lots of other mods but  keep telling myself I have to be able to return it to stock if anything happens.

As far as affiliations go, I'd say Ford is probably the closest one i have. i work for a company that has 50 Ford Fleet Trucks so i frequently buy parts directly from Ford and highly recommend OEM when possible. I am including a picture of my last mod. Highly recommended for anyone who wants to stay OEM NVH or anyone concerned about a warranty.
If you read all of this, know that i tried to make it short yet detailed.
Thanks.

No you didn't even touch up on the SSM site or reveal this"other version of events" you claim to know.  So you're just a guy who stumbled upon a SHO and this forum.....and then wanted everyone to know that SSM had the torque mounts and cut out the middle man(anthony) and buy direct.  If someone mentions Anthony and the mounts (poof) you appear to say...why don't you refer to the torque mounts by the correct name...SSM.  Even to correct Jordan when he mentioned the torque mounts after setting the World Record......

But your just a guy that found a SHO and works around Ford's.....

And to defend yourself you mention nothing of SSM or the "version of events" you claim to know...just "Oh and I want to mod my SHO but I don't want to void the warranty so here looks guys I have these OE trans mounts"   

If you work for SSM who cares.  But pretending to be someone else isn't cool

802SHO

Quote from: GhostlyGrenade on July 31, 2019, 06:34:22 PM
Quote from: 802SHO on July 31, 2019, 06:19:50 PM
Quote from: GhostlyGrenade on July 31, 2019, 05:47:11 PM
Well, I guess I better start from the beginning. When I was looking for a new vehicle, I had a few must haves: AWD or 4WD, large cargo area, and has to be a Ford.
so i went to a dealer and test drove an Explorer, it was nice and I thought I was settled but saw a large sedan and asked about it. The salesman said it was a Taurus with AWD and a massive trunk. So i test drove it and thought wow this thing is loaded and sporty? hmm do I need an suv...so I figured I'd take lunch and think about it.
I admit I didnt know what a SHO was at the time, so it was suprising to read about it online and discover it was a good value. I returned and drove it home. Started to wonder about simple mods like airfilter and intake, visual mods and such. So I began researching online and discovered this forum. I was amazed at all of the information that was available and immediately joined. I started seeing information about tunes and decided to try it.  Convincing myself if anything happened I can return it to stock and play dumb at the dealership. As I ordered the tuner, I read more about different tuners and discovered i needed a 3bar and plugs. So they were ordered. I have almost purchased lots of other mods but  keep telling myself I have to be able to return it to stock if anything happens.

As far as affiliations go, I'd say Ford is probably the closest one i have. i work for a company that has 50 Ford Fleet Trucks so i frequently buy parts directly from Ford and highly recommend OEM when possible. I am including a picture of my last mod. Highly recommended for anyone who wants to stay OEM NVH or anyone concerned about a warranty.
If you read all of this, know that i tried to make it short yet detailed.
Thanks.

No you didn't even touch up on the SSM site or reveal this"other version of events" you claim to know.  So you're just a guy who stumbled upon a SHO and this forum.....and then wanted everyone to know that SSM had the torque mounts and cut out the middle man(anthony) and buy direct.  If someone mentions Anthony and the mounts (poof) you appear to say...why don't you refer to the torque mounts by the correct name...SSM.  Even to correct Jordan when he mentioned the torque mounts after setting the World Record......

But your just a guy that found a SHO and works around Ford's.....

And to defend yourself you mention nothing of SSM or the "version of events" you claim to know...just "Oh and I want to mod my SHO but I don't want to void the warranty so here looks guys I have these OE trans mounts"   

If you work for SSM who cares.  But pretending to be someone else isn't cool

i dont work for SSM. i have spoken with them because i considered purchasing their mounts and probably will once my warranty is up. i accidently stumbled into the mount mixup almost the same way i discovered the BPD/livernois youtube video. the additional info i have is similar he said/she said and i have no way to verify it so i didnt share it.  I included the pic because as i had stated before i decided to go with the upgraded factory mount and so far im happy with it. Unfortunately for me, i only drive my SHO on the weekends because of work and travel.

I am an industrial electrician/technician. i drive a F250 XLT that gets 100k miles every 3 years or less and gets traded out. The trucks get overloaded with tools and material and get driven hard on and offroad to coal mines, gas sites, DEP sites and so on. They are running from beginning of day to end of day.
We had previously tried Dodge because they were cheaper, but none of the trucks made it beyond 60k without major repairs and lots of downtime. We tried Chevy but had too many electrical issues and ended up going back to Ford.

Ok.  Thank you for enlightening me.  So as far as you know its a he said/she said so lets just let people call the mounts whatever they want and everyone is happy.  Everyone first heard of the mounts from Anthony so we think of Anthony in a high regard. 

GhostlyGrenade

i would agree with you, and say call them whatever you want. Invent some badass names for these things. lol
2015 SHO Darkside paint color, 3 bar, Motorcraft SP542 plugs@0.28, MSD Coils, K&N drop in, Continental Extreme Contact tires 255/45R20, EBC Yellow pads, 170 T-Stat, Redline 5w30, updated to the 2018+ trans mount, E-30 Blend, TUNED by AJPTurbo

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

802SHO

Quote from: GhostlyGrenade on July 31, 2019, 07:00:33 PM
i would agree with you, and say call them whatever you want. Invent some badass names for these things. lol

🤦

SM105K

I call them by the proper name in my book.  Just take a gander at my signature. 
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

GhostlyGrenade

Well hell yeah brother! I got the "187 mounts" gen. 7. These things are killer! They murdered my 1-2 shift issues.
Doin it for Dale!
2015 SHO Darkside paint color, 3 bar, Motorcraft SP542 plugs@0.28, MSD Coils, K&N drop in, Continental Extreme Contact tires 255/45R20, EBC Yellow pads, 170 T-Stat, Redline 5w30, updated to the 2018+ trans mount, E-30 Blend, TUNED by AJPTurbo