• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

MKS - New Member from North Dakota

Started by Simonsays, April 03, 2019, 10:06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simonsays

Hello everyone!

Well - I've joined the ecoboost crew. 3 months ago I purchased a 2010 MKS. It's your standard Ingot Silver, but I don't see too many of these types of vehicles in my particular trim. I have the exterior and interior ecoboost appearance package. Something I don't see often. Any other members nearby, I'd LOVE to meetup and know more about my engine as I'm new to turbos and their workings. I've done plenty with NA engines and have restored and worked on a few motorcycles so not afraid to wrench on it as I'm capable, but some tips and tricks along the way would be helpful.

The previous owner drove the beans out of it, as I'm the 4th owner, the previous owner would commute about 130 miles a day in it, so in the last 16 months of ownership it took a beating....so I'll be reaching out to members of those who have upgraded their stuff if any of their 'stock' items would be up for sale to another member as I nurse it back to health as I dive into it. For the most part, it's good to go, just needs some rear suspension work, and I think I have a leaky exhaust gasket as it makes a weird engine hum shifting between 3rd and 4th and at that magical 1500rpm range (or so I've tried to read).

I've replaced the front lower control arms & brakes - and just got a brand new PTU put in as mine was starting to leak and die. I had bought an extended warranty for the engine stuff for now but do have the repair manual purchased. Anyway, I don't have a great photo yet as the weather around these parts is cold, snowy, or flooding. i'll get to it later.

I look forward to reading and posting on this forum.

SHOdded

Welcome and congrats, great to have another MKS owner join our community :D  Mostly, space is the enemy you fight working on these engines.  Being transversely located and made extremely compact, that adds to the amount of time some jobs require.  For example, the "front" turbo needs 2 hrs, "rear" turbo 6.  Doing any work behind the main/timing cover is at least 14.  But in reality, the engine is actually VERY straightforward otherwise.  And you did the right thing getting an extended warranty.  Especially with a new2u vehicle.

Looking forward to pics when possible!  Enjoy your MKS, learn its' novelties and oddities!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

PDSHO

2013 Taurus Police Interceptor. AWD, Eco-Boost. SOLD
2015 Lincoln Navigator L, 4x4, Eco-Boost.
2016 Taurus Police Interceptor, Eco-Boost
2014 Lincoln MKS Eco-Boost

Agentlongwood

Welcome!  Always good to have another member with the superior EcoBoost vehicle ;)
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

TSS

2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.