• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have I destroyed on my Ecoboost :D

Started by SHOdded, April 03, 2019, 04:38:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoNoff

My goodness and I thought I had bad luck with cars. Well onto my list for the SHO.

2013 SHO PP

51k miles both inner fenders needed to be replaced due to being completely rotted. Covered under CPO warranty

54k passenger side inner and out tie rods covered under CPO

58k while replacing downpipes noticed front turbo compressor wheel was rubbing the housing. Replaced both turbos along with all gaskets, oil and coolant lines with Ford factory parts. Roughly $1400 in parts did the job with friend so labor was free.

60k drivers door switch stopped working $150

62k passenger control arm $110

63k nut on drivers lower ball joint came loose going down highway. So I replaced entire control arm. $110

65k while checking my oil the dipstick handle snapped off. I couldn't believe it. $6 at ford dealer

I'm now at 67k and I currently have the most annoying rattle coming from my passenger seat. It's constant and I'm getting ready to pull a Jordan and take the seats out. Lol
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

jims2015

Quote from: shoNoff on April 16, 2019, 09:43:34 AM
My goodness and I thought I had bad luck with cars. Well onto my list for the SHO.

2013 SHO PP

51k miles both inner fenders needed to be replaced due to being completely rotted. Covered under CPO warranty

54k passenger side inner and out tie rods covered under CPO

58k while replacing downpipes noticed front turbo compressor wheel was rubbing the housing. Replaced both turbos along with all gaskets, oil and coolant lines with Ford factory parts. Roughly $1400 in parts did the job with friend so labor was free.

60k drivers door switch stopped working $150

62k passenger control arm $110

63k nut on drivers lower ball joint came loose going down highway. So I replaced entire control arm. $110

65k while checking my oil the dipstick handle snapped off. I couldn't believe it. $6 at ford dealer

I'm now at 67k and I currently have the most annoying rattle coming from my passenger seat. It's constant and I'm getting ready to pull a Jordan and take the seats out. Lol

Holy crap. This makes me wonder what day of the week my car was built. 2015 PP 52k miles. Has not had to go back to the dealer even once since I took it off the showroom. I didn't want to take it in for the fuel pump module recall so I replaced it myself and was reimbursed by Ford. The battery failed exactly 3 years to the day that I bought it. Other than that, it runs and drives and looks like new. KNOCK ON WOOD.
2015 PP, Thunderstorm DP & CAI. AlkyControl, Livernois dyno tune

2019 Corvette C7 Z51 A8 No mods

SHOdded

You sir have destroyed the MYTH of a fragile Ecoboost :D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

shoNoff

I forgot the best thing. When a local FORD dealer replaced my passenger arm under CPO. They installed the rear bushing upside down. No wonder under hard launch the car would always pull to right. I didn't notice until I got it on a lift myself to look at drivers arm when the nut loosened. So there for I replaced the entire passenger arm again his time myself and correctly.

jims2015

Quote from: SHOdded on April 16, 2019, 10:44:38 AM
You sir have destroyed the MYTH of a fragile Ecoboost :D

Because of this I kind of thought of my car as a freak but to be fair I probably don't drive it as hard as most of you. Hasn't been to the strip in several years after my final tune. Just a DD that's always ready to pounce on prey.
2015 PP, Thunderstorm DP & CAI. AlkyControl, Livernois dyno tune

2019 Corvette C7 Z51 A8 No mods

shoNoff

Let's see

68,153 miles. Coming home from work to avoid a head on collision I decide to drive on the shoulder and smashed a curb. So let's add a r/f wheel and tire to my breaking. Now this isn't the cars fault it's the ***hole that decided to use my lane to pass someone on a 2 lane solid yellow line road. I'm fuming mad right now.

18SHO

Quote from: shoNoff on April 16, 2019, 06:51:13 PM
Let's see

68,153 miles. Coming home from work to avoid a head on collision I decide to drive on the shoulder and smashed a curb. So let's add a r/f wheel and tire to my breaking. Now this isn't the cars fault it's the ***hole that a decided to use my lane to pass someone on a 2 lane road. I'm fuming mad right now.

Ah s*** man ! Sorry to hear this !
2018 SHO PP factory stock for now
AJPTURBO E30 tune stock plugs .028 gap
5.25.19 12.53 @ 112.96 1.85 60FT 1850 DA 71 F
Best trap 113.61

802SHO

Damn brother sorry to hear that!  If it makes you feel any better I slightly curbed my passenger side wheels (took plasti dip off) going into the fricken touchless car wash down the street from the track before I ran my best time.  The entrance was angled upwards and no where else but there was a metal guide on the right side to ender the car wash even though theres no guide track inside.  Was so pissed and the jets were so strong they flaked pieces of my carbon fiber window trim wrap off....the complete opposite experince expected at a "touchless" car wash! 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

shoNoff

Quote from: 802SHO on April 16, 2019, 07:03:00 PM
Damn brother sorry to hear that!  If it makes you feel any better I slightly curbed my passenger side wheels (took plasti dip off) going into the fricken touchless car wash down the street from the track before I ran my best time.  The entrance was angled upwards and no where else but there was a metal guide on the right side to ender the car wash even though theres no guide track inside.  Was so pissed and the jets were so strong they flaked pieces of my carbon fiber window trim wrap off....the complete opposite experince expected at a "touchless" car wash!

I remember you telling me this at the track that night. That is one dangerous touchless lol. I mean I'm pretty pissed about it. I'm ok the car is ok and I can buy wheels and tires. Thats really all that matters I can buy metal and rubber. I can't buy a new life. That ***hole would have killed me if I didn't choose the curb.

So now on to the fun stuff what should I replace them with lol

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

802SHO

I'm thinking about upgrading my tires.  Currently I have Continental Extreme Contact DW tires, purchased in 2017 in the beginning of that year.  They have 7k miles on them.  If you might be interested let me know.  They are offsize.  245/40/20 pair and 275/35/20 pair.
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

shoNoff

Quote from: 802SHO on April 16, 2019, 07:32:07 PM
I'm thinking about upgrading my tires.  Currently I have Continental Extreme Contact DW tires, purchased in 2017 in the beginning of that year.  They have 7k miles on them.  If you might be interested let me know.  They are offsize.  245/40/20 pair and 275/35/20 pair.

That's the exact tire I run on my car. Except I run 265/35/20 at all 4 corners. I really appreciate the offer buddy. But I think the plan is buy a set of wheels and tires. I'll keep the 3 flowers and look for a deal on 1. Then just buy some snows for them.

92BlackGT

I'm coming up on 4 years with this car and I haven't had a major problem. I bought it w/ 14k miles and it now has 71k and has been tuned for over 50k miles. The only issue I have is a small oil leak somewhere. it seems like a rear main seal but I can't see far enough up the motor from under to see if it may be a valve cover leaking. it's very minor, maybe 1 drop of oil a week in my garage.
oh, and the cut rear springs are still fine and the car rides great
'14 Taurus SHO - non PP, Unleashed E20 tune, 3 bar - 12.91 @ 106.5 mph
'93 Mustang Coupe - AFR 165's, FTI cam, ported Cobra intake - 13.05 @ 105.6 mph

irondoor19

OK I WIN:     .. Found all the good and bad pictures ..

Smoked the motor (center rear Piston Melted) 2017..? at 38K Miles,
at the Same Time (or shortly before) Wasted both Turbos

The above is the turners Fault and Mine (for letting them do the tuning in the first place).

so NEW motor installed by my buddy/mech/right hand man AND after New upgraded Turbos,
the new motor developed a timing cover oil leak (3 year 36000 mile warranty) took it to
the Ford Dealership that I bought the motor and parts "SO Many parts" (6000...?, 4200 for motor,).

AT the same time above Mech became the service manager.
Car was dropped of January 20 of this year and during that time,
after disassembly by another tech (who they fired) they found:

Transmission Drive gear that moves the fluid: cracked in half & 2 teeth missing

Torque Converter: Bearings at both Ends gone, and or wasted  so only one option:
HP rebuilt trans with torque off of the internet:  2995.00 is what I remember
(+150 Shipping, 700 core, took me 5 months to get core back)

Last but not least: drove it for about 600 miles (test drive) brought it back to them,
Something wrong with the PTU:
cracked the outer housing and grenaded all the internals SO 1200.00 (do not even know)

because I took the car from them last Saturday the 19TH (so car was there 9 months)
AND I Have not even seen the final bill, Most of above labor they ate, AND
At the same time we installed a high flow inter cooler during all of this DRAMA.

My Mech buddy has now left the dealer ship, off to bigger and better things. He also indicated that:

NO ONE HAS DESTROYED MORE PARTS AND WORSE DAMAGE THAN I HAVE, and the only thing left is the rear End..47500 Miles Now, 10K on turbos, 8500 on Motor, 2500 on Trans/torque
Converter, and 1500 on the New PTU, Lets try this again :bangin:
SO NOW RUNS BETTER THAN EVER, but I am afraid to put the hammer to it.

So here are the pics from start to finish
Center Back Piston of blown Motor:

Turbos: cant tell from the pics, but the
shafts R bent, Blades destroyed

Transmission: wasted the drive Gear that
runs the Fluid pump, Broke 2 teeth, split
it in half. Metal all thru it, Drove it like
this for about 5 to 6K miles (do not know)

Next the torque converter, Both bearings gone
destroyed, yea do not have any good Pics

AND finally the PTU, last of the damaged items
and by far the worst of all of them, Cracked the
outer housing in 2 places, Destroyed the bearings
and the best pics of all.
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

irondoor19

I want to make sure everyone takes note of
the above PIC's especially the PTU destruction
see what you can do when you really try.
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,