• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have I destroyed on my Ecoboost :D

Started by SHOdded, April 03, 2019, 04:38:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Each post should be specific to a vehicle you own/have owned.  A single post per vehicle is highly recommended.

Year/Model at the least.  Mileage at the time the part exploded would be nice if you have it.  Pics welcome!

Bombs away!!!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SM105K

2013 PP with 68,000 miles at the time.

Completely jack stomped my 6f55 transmission. Snap ring failure on the 3-5-R drum which in turn FUBAR'd the trans. 

New trans from Ford and a three year warranty for $4900 out the door. 

Kinda hurt my feelings.  $4900 would have covered a new HPFP, upgraded turbos, PPE downpipes, which would put me in the 500 awhp territory. Oh well.

2013 Focus ST 86,531 miles currently.

Ford Performance Racing Calibration bricked my ECU.  So yeah, currently dealing with that.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

SHOme

2010 non PP.  Lost PTU at 80k or so.  I didn't know about the fluid issues at the time.  Lost the torque converter around 105k.  Had issues with the right front wheel bearing it was replaced 3 times until they finally replaced the axle, upgrading it to newer model parts.  Apparently something changed between 2010 and 2014.  Had a trans leak around 75k.  I now have a 2014PP with 120k.  It's been Levrnois tuned since 25k.  No issues.  I have changed PTU every 20k and trans flush every 30k.  I was told At last oil change right side inner and outer tie rods need replaced.  I haven't verified that yet.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2014 SHO, PP 3 bar, 160 T Stat, Livernois v10 Tune, UPR catch can. MDesign CAI

TopherSho

2010 Taurus ::
plugs (fouled, too cold)
o2 sensors
boost controller solenoid x2
Turbo #1 (rear) cracked turbine + metal looked dark and burnt
Turbo #2 (front) bad wastegate
PTU
starter circuit
control arm
Rings/motor VIA stuck injector at WoT

2006 Mazda tribute ::
fuel pump
injectors after only 73k miles

1995 Buick Riveria ::
*Cut block in half* .. gas station miss-fueld me on regular,  i floored it bad things happened.

1995 Izuzu Rodeo ::
electrical fire under dash,  burned half the truck..

BEST CAR :
G35 sedan, 2006 Orsis tune, Nismo cams, plenum spacers, invidia exhaust , hfcats from berk .. most reliable car ever owned for me.  Ran 13.8 1/4 mile and a 0-60 of 5.8 dazzling seconds (slushbox).. but it did GREAT burnouts..
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

MiWiAu

Reserving my spot on page 1, so I can find my post easily for updates. :P

Will be back shortly to add details. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

StinkinLinkin13

Well my 2013 recently became toast literally. I bought the high pressure fuel pump from livernois... loaded up the tune and ran it literally maybe three pulls. I had injector number 5 stay stuck open so I decided to replace all injectors. During that process I was cleaning my intake valves off had them soaking in solvent and went to blow all the excess out debris out after scrubbing them with soft brass round brushes. At some point during the process my battery made incidental contact while I was moving hoses around... Welp that went poof real quick.. one of my fire extinguishers failed to work and I live on the outskirts of San Antonio and it took about 10 minutes for fire to arrive... Even at that the first county unit to arrive had no extinguishers. Geeez. Well needless to say insurance totaled it out.
  So during the time I was dealing with insurance and getting it paid off and looking for a new MKS I decided to drive my Mark VIII as a daily for work and back... One week after my MKS goes up in flames some jackass decides to pull out in front of me with a trailer on a busy intersection and the Mark VIII gets totaled as well... I hadn't driven the Mark in years and had plans to eventually pass it on to my son with the Coyote 5.0 in it... Well that was the plans anyhow... I'm still dealing with the insurance on that claim now... So yea. Last month sucked balls...
Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

SHOdded

Oh man, I am so sorry to hear!  2 big losses like that, unbelievable!  Here's to hoping for the third one ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Gjkrisa

received a bad motor at 13k then noticed rust on trunk didn't look at miles then had the driver seat start to crack and heated seat module fried.
On Valentine's I had gotten rear ended

Then the repair
2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

SHOdded

StinkinLinkin13

Quote from: SHOdded on April 03, 2019, 02:52:54 PM
Oh man, I am so sorry to hear!  2 big losses like that, unbelievable!  Here's to hoping for the third one ...

Thank you sir... I was able to salvage all parts from the 13 minus the springs.... I'm glad to say I did find a 16 magnetic gray that is now fully modded like my 13 including HPFP running E30.

Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

FoMoCoSHO

I really thought Topher would be the winner of this thread....Then Stinkin comes from nowhere and wrestled the title right out of his hands...

Damn...The MKS is bad enough but the Mark too? Thats gonna be hard to replace.

StinkinLinkin13

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on April 03, 2019, 07:19:35 PM
I really thought Topher would be the winner of this thread....Then Stinkin comes from nowhere and wrestled the title right out of his hands...

Ha... Well there are no winners in the thread of gloom... 😂  But I'm happy with the new MKS.... The Mark VIII was tough as I've had it for over 12 years.. My son turns 17 this month and he was disappointed by the turn of events.... But all is well. We will find another... or perhaps maybe a Mercury Marauder thats been a want of mine since they came out. 🤔👍

TopherSho

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on April 03, 2019, 07:19:35 PM

!RIGHT?!  two WHOLE cars .. but then the amount of money i put into JUST repairs could have bought me TWO 2010's at this point :(

loosing the Mark VIII really sucks .. I always kinda wanted one of them as a lazy cruiser.. i even wanted a Mark VII to swap in blue printed 5.0 and supercharge it.
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

Quinid

I know it says to list Ecoboost, but my list would be short.
I am a very very agressive driver. I thoroughly enjoy stomping on the pedal as much as possible. I also live where is little to no police as I can basically rap out my vehicles all day. so please consider that when I list what I've done.

1995 GMC Safari with that beast 4.3L
Top Speed 111.
No issues except fuel pump at 167k miles.
Sold 196k miles in 1998

Dodge Intrepid with 3.1L
Purchased with 60k miles in 1998.
Dont remember top speed. It took too long.
67k miles transmission blew a seal. Replaced transmission
73k miles transmission blew a seal. Replaced transmission
79k miles transmission blew a seal. Replaced transmission.
81k miles burned a hole in cylinder wall.
All repairs done under warranty.
Dealership bought back to prevent a lemom law dispute.

1990 Chevrolet c1500 454SS 7.4L, 3 speed 400Turbo, 3.73 gears. 9MPG
Purchased with 112k miles
K&N filter. Added true duel exhaust.
Top Speed: IDK guage maxed at 110 and indicator would roll back around.
Water pump at 140k in Daytona, FL during bike week.
Rebuilt engine at 210k to find deck cracked from the water pump incident. Machine shop repaired, bored 30 over added 10:1 pistons, Merlin II heads, bigger 268H comp cam. Sold in 2005 and to my knowledge still running today.

99 Grand Prix GTP
Purchased in 2001 with 70k miles added Tuned ECM, ram air hood on ram air intake. Smaller supercharger pully. Removed catalytic converter.
Top Speed 153mph
A torquey mother lover.
145k CV shaft snapped on a launch.
145k wheel bearins replaced.
150k lost 2nd gear. Replaced transmission.
Lost car in divorce at 160k.
Wife's new boyfriend broke a NGK plug and kept driving it. Destroyed engine.

2002 S10 4 banger 180k miles
U Joint
Engine fire at 220k miles. Bad fuel rail.

1957 Chevy P/U 3200 true mileage unknown purchased in 2008.
Inline 6 with 3 speed manual.
Dropped the clutch to do a burnout. Destroyed 1st gear.
Still driving it with just reverse, 2nd snd 3rd gear.

2010 Taurus non PP SHO purchased in 2014? With 51k miles.
Mods in signature.
PTU at roughly 70k miles. Ford's fault due to not sealing PTU back up after fluid change.
Bad injector, destroyed catalytic converter. 90 ish k miles
Switched to PPE cats.
Sold at around 120k in 2017. Cam sensor threw a code 15 miles before I traded it in. Reset codes, dealership never caught it.

2014 Flex EB. Purchased in 2017 with 26k miles.
Had a weird emmisions hose problem.
No damage done by me so far currently at 49k miles
Not allowed to break it.
2014 Blue Flex 303A Appearance package all stock
2000 F250 XLT 7.3L 410k miles
SOLD--2010 nonPP SHO  Unleashed 93 tune, 3 bar map, K&N drop in filter. PPE Catted Downpipes. VTA mod
1957 Chevy 3200 pickup 3 speed stock straight 6
1968 Camaro RS 3 speed 350 sb with vortec heads.

mrhighcaliber

Where do I start. Lol so much carnage.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk