• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Need help, throttle surging

Started by rchunn, March 30, 2019, 09:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rchunn

2015 PI , while under half  Throttle the truck seems to open and close the blow off valves  erratically and losing power even worse under full throttle this only happens when the engine is warm Upon getting in it cold it runs fine in about 6 to 8 minutes later it starts doing this I just don't want to start replacing everything on the truck I just got the truck so I do not know anything about it, also theres no cel or warnings
Thank you in advance

SHOdded

Truck?  talking about the Police Interceptor Sedan or Utility?  How many miles on it?  Tuned?

Regardless, check the blowoff valves to see if the orange seal/diaphragm has ruptured.  That can cause all sorts of oddball issues.  Clean the MAP sensors and the IAT sensor.  Check for pooling crud in the intercooler.  Check turbo piping at the clamps for looseness/splits.  check particularly the hoses connected to the wastegate solenoid atop the manifold, they come unclamped from factory, and can cause issues too.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

rchunn

I'm sorry it's a explorer with 102k , I will check those things and also I was wrong about the running fine when it cold or die the same thing all time cold or hot, I will be checking all the things you mentioned today sometime  I do appreciate your help

SHOdded

Best of luck!  Another possibility is the EVAP Purge valve, especially if you experience extended cranks at cold startup.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

rchunn

No extended start times when cold, starts perfect and idle perfect, it is not tuned just bought it on Saturday
Thanks