• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

EcoBoost love Nitrous

Started by FLEXXX, March 27, 2019, 03:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gjkrisa

Quote from: jims2015 on March 29, 2019, 11:54:30 AM
Quote from: FLEXXX on March 27, 2019, 04:46:18 PM
for fuel I am tapped in between the lift pump and HPFP.

I have not touched the ring gap. I am not super worried about it since I have done all the other work (heads, exhaust, turbo's, piping, tune) I will probably not spray it anymore, no real need too. except if at the track, ill probably spray it to the moon last 500 feet. ill risk a bottom end to have the fastest flex on the planet.

This was a quick project to get it going. I did all the work/mods in 2 weeks. the motor that came out I am wanting to build legit with rods and pistons, but I think that will end up in a SHO.

In the old nitrous days I would run a completely independent fuel system with its own pumps from the tank to the solenoid. My bud would do the same except he would use a separate small fuel cell. Never a fuel problem.
If you run out of fuel will you have preignition issues?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

jims2015

Quote from: Gjkrisa on March 29, 2019, 12:07:55 PM
Quote from: jims2015 on March 29, 2019, 11:54:30 AM
Quote from: FLEXXX on March 27, 2019, 04:46:18 PM
for fuel I am tapped in between the lift pump and HPFP.

I have not touched the ring gap. I am not super worried about it since I have done all the other work (heads, exhaust, turbo's, piping, tune) I will probably not spray it anymore, no real need too. except if at the track, ill probably spray it to the moon last 500 feet. ill risk a bottom end to have the fastest flex on the planet.

This was a quick project to get it going. I did all the work/mods in 2 weeks. the motor that came out I am wanting to build legit with rods and pistons, but I think that will end up in a SHO.

In the old nitrous days I would run a completely independent fuel system with its own pumps from the tank to the solenoid. My bud would do the same except he would use a separate small fuel cell. Never a fuel problem.
If you run out of fuel will you have preignition issues?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Nitrous is a fuel hog but I never had a starvation problem with a dual system other than one time a clogged port nozzle. I heard a quick backfire pop and I shut down immediately. No melted piston but the plug electrode was torched off.
2015 PP, Thunderstorm DP & CAI. AlkyControl, Livernois dyno tune

2019 Corvette C7 Z51 A8 No mods