• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Warranty and dealership

Started by shaundizzle15, March 27, 2019, 09:54:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaundizzle15

Hey fella's I'm currently in stock form minus VTA, planning a service visit since I'm still under warranty and have a sunroof vibration. Is VTA something I should also change back to stock? The front is super easy, the rear is kinda a pita. I'd rather leave it alone but if need be I'll swap it back in. Was just curious if anyone had any personal experience with leaving it VTA and warranty service.
Thanks,
Shaun
Hockey/Golf/Car geek, Beagle loving, and totally comfortable with it.
Tuxedo Black nonPP 2013 SHO traded in
Shadow Black nonPP 2016 SHO
VTA, and tuned by GH

Brucelinc

The VTA has nothing at all to do with the sunroof.   I wouldn't worry about that at all.  There is no reason for them to even look under the hood or care about the VTA.

ZSHO

It should not be an issue,but I'm a bit overly cautious when visiting my local Ford dealer and by no means is Ford going to ask permission to look under your hood to say the least! I like to be safe than sorry! Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

shaundizzle15

Thanks fellas, I figure this shouldn't be an issue but wanted to see if anyone had actually done it. Appreciate the feedback as always.
Hockey/Golf/Car geek, Beagle loving, and totally comfortable with it.
Tuxedo Black nonPP 2013 SHO traded in
Shadow Black nonPP 2016 SHO
VTA, and tuned by GH

MiWiAu

I wouldn't think it would be a problem. I was VTA and had an OCC when my injector went out, and they still fixed it under warranty. Would have been hard to miss. Sensitivity to mods are probably dealer specific to a certain extent, but like the other guys mentioned, no reason to be under the hood for a sunroof rattle. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

jman

IDUWYATA !

(I Don't Understand What You Are Talking About)... see, you guys didn't know that acronym... :)
What's VTA?
What's OCC?

2010 - Unleashed Tune - Corsa Exhaust - 275/40-R20 - H&R Springs

MiWiAu

Quote from: jman on March 29, 2019, 09:19:41 AM
IDUWYATA !

(I Don't Understand What You Are Talking About)... see, you guys didn't know that acronym... :)
What's VTA?
What's OCC?

VTA = Vent To Atmosphere (the BOV (Blow Off Valves) are disconnected from the charge pipe and run open.

OCC = Oil Catch Can

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

jman

Thanks for clarifying. Funny thing is that my SHO had VTA when I got it, I connected those back.

These two mods should not have any effect on your warranty but some dealers behave as if they were paying the warranty bills and might make a note of it in your file. It happen to me with a Pathfinder, service manager (jerk !) made a note that I had aftermarket LED lights installed, I think I was there for a vibration issue.

2010 - Unleashed Tune - Corsa Exhaust - 275/40-R20 - H&R Springs