• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What choices do we have besides livernois

Started by rchunn, March 25, 2019, 11:57:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

76fomoco

Quote from: Gofspar on August 07, 2019, 03:21:44 PM
AJPTurbo (Brad) gets my vote, I think he's been busy with IRL stuff though.
It's definitely a process to get it dialed in with datalogging, but the end result is definitely worth it, also nice that he'll explain what hes changed in his revisions.

I started with LMS and ended with AJP. Brad is very good at explaining what he's doing for you. But you need to do your part and be patient. I would hate to see how many sho's he's tuned   :yikes: :yikes:
2013 PP AJP E30 160 TS, sp542 plugs, 3 bar, PPE catted DP's, GH IC, GH turbos, XDI-35, EPP hot and intake
Best 3-29-21  11.85 with 3000 DA
DA trap best 117.96
E30 = 492 whp, 536 wtq
E30+meth 498 whp, 539 wtq

shoNoff

I've had both unleashed and ajp tune my sho and now doing the same with the edge. Both are very good guys with excellent customer service. Brad at AJP explains things much more and really listens to your feed back. He's really great to work with and a smart guy. Torrie at unleashed has probably the best customer service I've ever seen. He will answer you all hours of the night. But he won't go as deep into the tune as Brad. He also really doesn't explain as deeply what he's doing and why. I honestly would recommend either. Unleashed it really simple you may get 1/2 revisions after logging. Brad really takes his time and fine tunes everything. Might be 4/5 revisions before you get exactly what you are looking for.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

SM105K

AJPTURBO tuned here as well. There is a reason why. However, if Brad wasn't tuning both of my cars, I would recommend Matt at Gearhead as well.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

HD-Rugby

Quote from: ZSHO on August 06, 2019, 06:27:59 PM
Quote from: HD-Rugby on August 06, 2019, 06:14:44 PM
The question is, will anybody's tune pass the  Emissions inspection that most of us have to go through. I'm very interested in doing a tune after installing catted & coated down pipes.
There are some Tuners which disable the Rear 02 sensors and should not be an issue as long as you have the PPE Catted version DP and if thats the case simply revert back to stock tune prior to emissions testing! OBD scan tool is a great way to monitor the I/M Readiness state and best of luck to ya. Z
ZSHO, thank you Sir as I've reached out to PPE regarding catted DP with coating. What is an OBD scan tool? Do I purchase from said recommend tuner? The guys on here have been great offering their experience with whom they've utilized for tuning.  I rather not have to take out the tune and revert to stock just to pass an inspection. This is all time-consuming as I will be putting at least 50,000 miles on the car this year for work.  My motto is set and forget,  just hold on and go.

802SHO

The obd scan tool isn't the same thing as your handheld tuning device.  Both can read and clear codes but what you specifically need the scan tool for is to check the I/M readiness status for emissions.  By having that tool and checking the I/M readiness status you'll know if you will pass or fail an inspection before you actually go to get it done.  Just a nice tool to have.  You don't have to buy one though.  You can probably go to any parts store in your area and simply ask for them to check your I/M readiness status and they can do it for free.  You want the I/M readiness status to read 0.  Not sure what the standard is in all states but in VT it can read 1 and you will still pass.  Then its just a visual inspection here in VT...my guy "didn't see" anything wrong lmfao🤘

IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

ridered74

Quote from: HD-Rugby on August 08, 2019, 04:27:14 AM
The question is, will anybody's tune pass the  Emissions inspection that most of us have to go through. I'm very interested in doing a tune after installing catted & coated down pipes.
There are some Tuners which disable the Rear 02 sensors and should not be an issue as long as you have the PPE Catted version DP and if thats the case simply revert back to stock tune prior to emissions testing! OBD scan tool is a great way to monitor the I/M Readiness state and best of luck to ya. Z
ZSHO, thank you Sir as I've reached out to PPE regarding catted DP with coating. What is an OBD scan tool? Do I purchase from said recommend tuner? The guys on here have been great offering their experience with whom they've utilized for tuning.  I rather not have to take out the tune and revert to stock just to pass an inspection. This is all time-consuming as I will be putting at least 50,000 miles on the car this year for work.  My motto is set and forget,  just hold on and go.

Something along the lines of link below. Disclaimer, that is not the one I have, don't see it listed on google anymore but mine was about 20 bucks when I bought it.

It connects to an app on your phone. I use Torque. It sees codes that don't show up with my sct4.

https://www.wantse.com/monitor-ios--turns-your-m---obdlink-professional-grade-android-into-vehicle-windows-automotive-or-scantool-a-device-and
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

76fomoco

2013 PP AJP E30 160 TS, sp542 plugs, 3 bar, PPE catted DP's, GH IC, GH turbos, XDI-35, EPP hot and intake
Best 3-29-21  11.85 with 3000 DA
DA trap best 117.96
E30 = 492 whp, 536 wtq
E30+meth 498 whp, 539 wtq

shoNoff

I will tell you this. No tuner is willing to say their tune will pass emissions. Especially if you change factory emissions parts.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

ZSHO

Quote from: HD-Rugby on August 08, 2019, 04:27:14 AM
Its my pleasure to help out! :) I guess you can take the OBD Route or a better alternative would be to specifically tell your Tuner of choice to not Disable the Rear 02 (Down-stream) sensors on the pipes for precautionary measures and set it and forget it rule will apply! Best of luck on your Quest. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|