• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What choices do we have besides livernois

Started by rchunn, March 25, 2019, 11:57:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rchunn

Looking for tuners, sorry if I put this
In the wrong area
2015 explorer EcoBoost
Thanks

MiWiAu

Brad (AJP Turbo) is the best! He's a SCT tuner/dealer and a pleasure to work with. Hit him up! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

bpd1151

Besides Livernois Motorsports, the following are the most prominent, well known tuners (in no particular order, or preference) :

Unleashed Tuning (Torrie).
Gearhead Motorsports (Matt).
AJP Turbo (Brad).

I recall fellow owner's having posted other, smaller/lesser known independent vendors that performed tuning for their vehicles over the years, but don't recall immediately off hand those company names.

But suffice to say, the aforementioned one's are the "big four" with product offerings.

Plenty of arguing, debate, and opinion's on each of them.

So please, (to the OP) for the love of God, do your own research and decide for yourself upon scouring through all the posts on each of them, as to whom you will choose.

Last we need here is more rancor on who is best and blah blah blah.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

MiWiAu

I should clarify my initial comment to say I've only had personal experience with Unleashed and AJP Turbo, and I'd much prefer to go on a second date with Brad.

True to form, BPD hit the nail square on the head. :)

2013 XSport

Brucelinc

When choosing a tuner, I think it is important to decide how involved YOU want to be.   Do you want a plug & play tune that requires no effort to enjoy or would you prefer to work with tuner who expects to see logs and do tweaks?   If you choose to do the logging and have the tuner do the tweaking, do you want to know exactly what he is doing and learn from the experience or are you content to just have him tweak the tune but provide no explanation of what he is doing?

At the end of the day, the choice of tuner may not make huge difference in how your car runs.  All of them will be much more enjoyable than stock.    How you get there can vary, however.

SM105K

Quote from: bpd1151 on March 26, 2019, 05:26:33 AM
Besides Livernois Motorsports, the following are the most prominent, well known tuners (in no particular order, or preference) :

Unleashed Tuning (Torrie).
Gearhead Motorsports (Matt).
AJP Turbo (Brad).

I recall fellow owner's having posted other, smaller/lesser known independent vendors that performed tuning for their vehicles over the years, but don't recall immediately off hand those company names.

But suffice to say, the aforementioned one's are the "big four" with product offerings.

Plenty of arguing, debate, and opinion's on each of them.

So please, (to the OP) for the love of God, do your own research and decide for yourself upon scouring through all the posts on each of them, as to whom you will choose.

Last we need here is more rancor on who is best and blah blah blah.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

We all know who is the best.....
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

MiWiAu

Quote from: sm105k on March 26, 2019, 09:27:09 AM

The plaque for the alternates is down in the ladies' room.

There's two o's in "Goose," boys.

ETA: Bruce is exactly right. The first question to ask yourself is your desired level of participation. That will help narrow the pool.

2013 XSport

SM105K

Quote from: MiWiAu on March 26, 2019, 09:45:18 AM
Quote from: sm105k on March 26, 2019, 09:27:09 AM

The plaque for the alternates is down in the ladies' room.

There's two o's in "Goose," boys.

OHHHHH JESUS!  YOU KILL ME! YOU REALLY DO!
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

mval

Quote from: Brucelinc on March 26, 2019, 09:19:15 AM
When choosing a tuner, I think it is important to decide how involved YOU want to be.   Do you want a plug & play tune that requires no effort to enjoy or would you prefer to work with tuner who expects to see logs and do tweaks?   If you choose to do the logging and have the tuner do the tweaking, do you want to know exactly what he is doing and learn from the experience or are you content to just have him tweak the tune but provide no explanation of what he is doing?

At the end of the day, the choice of tuner may not make huge difference in how your car runs.  All of them will be much more enjoyable than stock.    How you get there can vary, however.
agree 100% with bruce, i don't want to data log & wanted a tune that gave me more of what the sho has but not the max so i went with livernois 3yrs ago. no issue except have to reset to stock to pass state emissions inspection, don't have to worry about warranty long gone on my '10. now if i could get rid of the annoying chirp of the tires when going from 1st to 2nd. just kidding, the pony members of my ford club get a real kick out of that!!!!!!
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

HD-Rugby

The question is, will anybody's tune pass the  Emissions inspection that most of us have to go through. I'm very interested in doing a tune after installing catted & coated down pipes.

ZSHO

Quote from: HD-Rugby on August 06, 2019, 06:14:44 PM
The question is, will anybody's tune pass the  Emissions inspection that most of us have to go through. I'm very interested in doing a tune after installing catted & coated down pipes.
There are some Tuners which disable the Rear 02 sensors and should not be an issue as long as you have the PPE Catted version DP and if thats the case simply revert back to stock tune prior to emissions testing! OBD scan tool is a great way to monitor the I/M Readiness state and best of luck to ya. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SM105K

Mine will pass with flying colors even on E30.  Mods are in my sig. 

TopherSho

My opinion:

Brad (AJP)
Gearhead e20-e30 AUTOTUNE (Because you have the flex fuel sensor)
Unleashed
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

MKS Tom

2013 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, 70,000 miles.  3 bar map 93 tune (E30 in the future) by both AJP Turbo and Ortiz Performance.  PPE catted down pipes, EPP dual CAI (not yet installed so K&N drop in), .026 gapped SP542, 170 degree thermostat, Dynomax axlebacks, and Power Stop Z23 pads and rotors.

Gofspar

AJPTurbo (Brad) gets my vote, I think he's been busy with IRL stuff though.
It's definitely a process to get it dialed in with datalogging, but the end result is definitely worth it, also nice that he'll explain what hes changed in his revisions.
AJPTurbo E30 3bar rev4, SP-534 .28, MSD coils, reische 170 tstat, ARH Catless DP, resonator delete, magnaflow mufflers, airraid CAI, H&R sport springs, UPR Catchcan /w CCS, SSM "Street" RMM