• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Dead 100% battery symptoms??

Started by HOONIN, March 24, 2019, 06:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOONIN

Been working on the SHO all winter but have been seeing battery issues and have had to charge it each time to start.  It was fine all last year up to the point i put it into storage for winter.  Today when i went to set up the tuner the car was dead....dead 100%.  Plugged in the battery charger and just heard clicking and lots of lights flashing.  Then i switched it to 6 volts and it just went faster.  Even plugged in the car is completely dead.  Any thoughts.  Its a 2015 but it has sat a lot from the first owner and me stored three winters since new and 6 months at the dealer.  Basically half its life thus far....parked.  Regards, Dave

SHOdded

Yeah, sitting kills batteries just as much as anything else.  4+ years is actually decent life.

I would replace it with a good AGM battery, such as an Odyssey 1500 (?) or a Motorcraft Toughmax 850.  AGM batteries will handle these tougher conditions better, take more deep discharges before quitting, etc.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

HOONIN

That's what I was thinking.  I just did a search and a lot of folks swears by the Motorcraft BXT-65-850...O'riley 159 in stock. 

HOONIN

Dang...I remember when batteries were 29.99...and I'm only 50!

SHOdded

IKR?  yeah it is sticker shock ... bigtime.  If you buy the Ody, that is the best group 65 you can get.  But if you can't swing it, Toughmax is the next best.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

HOONIN

Ok...Money no object!!!!!  HHEHEHE.  Has anyone else seen these same symptoms with a dead battery...???  IT wont charge, when plugged into the battery charger it just clicks under the hood, lights blink, collision light blinking....nothing else works....cars dead as a doorknob.  I guess I can also have them test it.  Regards, Dave

Gjkrisa

Quote from: HOONIN on March 24, 2019, 07:11:33 PM
Ok...Money no object!!!!!  HHEHEHE.  Has anyone else seen these same symptoms with a dead battery...???  IT wont charge, when plugged into the battery charger it just clicks under the hood, lights blink, collision light blinking....nothing else works....cars dead as a doorknob.  I guess I can also have them test it.  Regards, Dave
What kind of battery charger do you have?
The ctek and optima battery charger usually won't start a charge unless you get one of those dumb Sears or die hard chargers that have the metal case then once it's up to 9 volts the smart chargers will work again.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

802SHO

Quote from: HOONIN on March 24, 2019, 07:11:33 PM

Money no object!  🤔😂 Not too often we can say that when replacing something eh?  Lol! 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

lamrith

Quote from: HOONIN on March 24, 2019, 06:55:45 PM
That's what I was thinking.  I just did a search and a lot of folks swears by the Motorcraft BXT-65-850...O'riley 159 in stock.
Make sure to check your Ford Dealer.  Mine has that battery for $139.99 and in stock.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.