• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

1/8 mile times

Started by SoCalSHO, August 23, 2013, 02:38:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve142857

Quote from: Dxlnt1 on December 16, 2013, 10:17:34 AM
Quote from: DJE624 on December 16, 2013, 09:04:47 AM
That looks very close to the real thing for a stock SHO as far as time and speed go.

I looked at some of the posted times and yes very close. So I know time relly matters in racing but, all the money being spent on mods and only 1 second faster and unicameral than stock? Unless racing on track, but street drags does 1 second count? Couldn't that be made up in reaction time alone? Just asking. Not trynna offend anyone.

If you want to go see what one second looks like on a quarter mile, I invite you to go see on YouTube : steve142857 and choose New world record at 116mph or something like that. I run against a Mustang 5.0 that ran 13.3 seconds... One second is enormous! Actually, my car is only one second away from the fastest Ferrari on the planet or a 911 Turbo! Believe me, they are way faster...
Or look at the 100M, when the guys are running. Usain Bolt does 9.58 seconds and the other guy 9.8 seconds and it looks like he is walking behing Bolt. So imagine a full second at speed over 100 mph!
2010 blue wrapped SHO 12.09 at 117.9mph - SOLD
2013 SHO PP 12.08 at 113.83mph...
Alky control, LMS tuned, custom exhaust, LMS catted downpipes, H&R springs, Tstat170, 3bar map, Airaid

Dxlnt1

Quote from: steve142857 on December 16, 2013, 01:23:13 PM
Quote from: Dxlnt1 on December 16, 2013, 10:17:34 AM
Quote from: DJE624 on December 16, 2013, 09:04:47 AM
That looks very close to the real thing for a stock SHO as far as time and speed go.

I looked at some of the posted times and yes very close. So I know time relly matters in racing but, all the money being spent on mods and only 1 second faster and unicameral than stock? Unless racing on track, but street drags does 1 second count? Couldn't that be made up in reaction time alone? Just asking. Not trynna offend anyone.

If you want to go see what one second looks like on a quarter mile, I invite you to go see on YouTube : steve142857 and choose New world record at 116mph or something like that. I run against a Mustang 5.0 that ran 13.3 seconds... One second is enormous! Actually, my car is only one second away from the fastest Ferrari on the planet or a 911 Turbo! Believe me, they are way faster...
Or look at the 100M, when the guys are running. Usain Bolt does 9.58 seconds and the other guy 9.8 seconds and it looks like he is walking behing Bolt. So imagine a full second at speed over 100 mph!

Thanks for putting that in perspective. Real racing even a tenth of a second is huge. But do most of you here hot rod your cars for the track or the street? I think that's the bigger question for me. If the track then yes I get it. If not...........
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

DJE624

I am mostly a street guy.  But, I did go tracking this year to see what she'd do.  I had a lot of fun.  But mostly I just love the power for DD'ing. 

shoman04

Thanks for putting that in perspective. Real racing even a tenth of a second is huge. But do most of you here hot rod your cars for the track or the street? I think that's the bigger question for me. If the track then yes I get it. If not...........
[/quote]

Like Steve I'm a TRACK-cohol !! But I will SHOw off on the street like yesterday with a NEW ATS. I GOT 0-45MPH down to a STOP-WATCH. I get to 45mph and let off (with a 1.7-1.8sec 60ft) it makes ATS's and others look bad when they hit 60mph and the cop at the next block stop him with a ticket.LOL
2011 KONA BLU SHO,Livernois Tune,AIRAID CAI,DYNOMAX MUFFLEs,Newest member of the 12sec CLUB 12.669sec @ 107mph    2011 Ford Taurus SHO: 12.669 @ 105.050 MPH NEW FOR 2013LMS down-pipe,Magnaflow X-pipe,and Custom 2.5"exhaust pipe!! Meth and stage 5 next to be install!!!!!! METH DYNO TUNE today 405AWHP!!!WOW LMS track day 12.4209sec   :mike1:

BiGMaC

Like shoman04, I love surprising people at the stoplight!....... FUN!!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Dxlnt1

Nice. Stoplight action. I had an IROC Z when they first came out. Pulled up to a red light light. Not paying attention to who was next to me. Light turned green, I got left at the light. An old lady driving a '87 Buick Regal T-type. Whew! No bueno lol. Hurt my image but nothing I could do with that car.
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint