• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

OEM Brake Endurance

Started by Macgyver, March 22, 2019, 06:21:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macgyver

So how long can the oem SHO brakes last ?

I recently past Pa inspection and my 2015 SHO is at 43k.

Right front rotor is warping thanks to Brad. LOL ;-) so I need to get something done eventually.

I was just curious how long the brake misers were able to get these to last under normal conditions.

802SHO

Quote from: Macgyver on March 22, 2019, 06:21:47 PM

Right front rotor is warping thanks to Brad. LOL ;-) so I need to get something done eventually.

I was just curious how long the brake misers were able to get these to last under normal conditions.

You got 43k on your original brakes?
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

SHOdded

Normal conditions include regular servicing if the calipers?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

AJP turbo

Right front rotor is warping thanks to Brad. LOL ;-)

Sounds like operator error  ;D
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

ZSHO

I had mine replaced under the 3yr-36K warranty @ roughly 24K IIRC!  :(
The 2nd set of Motorcrafts have roughly 40K on them and served me quite well while currently being replaced. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Macgyver

Plenty of pad left. I was just curious how long the tanks brakes lasted for other SHO drivers.

I know it's never a good idea to run them too low. I just need to decide what rotors and pads to get. Too many choices. Not OEM regular SHO parts thats for sure.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

jims2015

Quote from: 802SHO on March 22, 2019, 06:23:46 PM

You got 43k on your original brakes?

My 2015 is at 55k and they look great. I'm an easy driver except when challenged.
2015 PP, Thunderstorm DP & CAI. AlkyControl, Livernois dyno tune

2019 Corvette C7 Z51 A8 No mods

802SHO

I have about 14k on my new brakes from almost 3 years ago and now I know I'm nuts for wanting to replace them lol
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

bpd1151

You guys should be grateful (term used loosely) that FMC revamped the 2013 and up brake offerings.

The '10's through 12's were atrocious.

I went through 3 sets of rotors, and 2 sets of pads, all under warranty mind you, with less mileage on them.

Eventually I chose to rock the EBC Yellow's and their slotted rotors for a few years. Which were a vast improvement over stock. But even they had their limitations at the track as some guys trashed the poop out of 'em after repeated runs.

I now run the massive Wilwood's at all four corners, with 4 piston calipers all around, track quality pads, titanium heat shields, and their oversized 15" slotted/dimpled rotors.

The Wilwood's don't mess around. They stop my land yacht each time, every time, on a dime, and quite confidently at that.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: bpd1151 on March 23, 2019, 02:14:17 PM
You guys should be grateful (term used loosely) that FMC revamped the 2013 and up brake offerings.

The '10's through 12's were atrocious.

I went through 3 sets of rotors, and 2 sets of pads, all under warranty mind you, with less mileage on them.

Eventually I chose to rock the EBC Yellow's and their slotted rotors for a few years. Which were a vast improvement over stock. But even they had their limitations at the track as some guys trashed the poop out of 'em after repeated runs.

I now run the massive Wilwood's at all four corners, with 4 piston calipers all around, track quality pads, titanium heat shields, and their oversized 15" slotted/dimpled rotors.

The Wilwood's don't mess around. They stop my land yacht each time, every time, on a dime, and quite confidently at that.

Truth here...going from 2013/15 brakes to 2011 is quite a downgrade. I consider myself lucky the previous owner had EBC yellows on when I got it.

This situation will be fully rectified in the next week or so when the updated booster/master is added to the already installed Gen V(?)( Sorry BPD, I always forget) Powerstop/EBC hardware.

bpd1151

No worries......

2010 to 2012 GEN4

2013 to current GEN5

The EBC's will serve you well. May want to consider their Orange's as well, which were developed AFTER their Yellow's.

There's Carbotech also, as some have reported great experiences with them, which were as good, or even better than the EBC's.

The booster upgrade is beneficial for sure.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: bpd1151 on March 23, 2019, 02:27:02 PM
No worries......

2010 to 2012 GEN4

2013 to current GEN5

The EBC's will serve you well. May want to consider their Orange's as well, which were developed AFTER their Yellow's.

There's Carbotech also, as some have reported great experiences with them, which were as good, or even better than the EBC's.

The booster upgrade is beneficial for sure.

Haha, got it right for once...

I actually went with red as I didn't like the initial bite of the yellows which the red fixed.

Maybe I will switch it up when it comes time for a pad change.

Right now without the supporting mods the pedal travel is garbage. It got a bit worse when we recently did the rears due to an unplanned caliper failure. Dealership was gracious enough to work me in but didn't have time to do booster/master. I suspect the hydraulic control unit is shot as well.

Parts are here and all should be rectified in a week or two.