• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Tune for 2019 Flex

Started by Zxtman, March 19, 2019, 10:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zxtman

I'm looking to get an Unleashed tune for my 2019 Flex EB, so I checked with Torrie to see if there is a tune available.  He said he "needs the PCM data read with an SCT device or a read from HPTuners to check". 

I'm not clear on what he means.  Can someone please help me with this?  Thanks.

glock-coma

Quote from: Zxtman on March 19, 2019, 10:42:28 PM
I'm looking to get an Unleashed tune for my 2019 Flex EB, so I checked with Torrie to see if there is a tune available.  He said he "needs the PCM data read with an SCT device or a read from HPTuners to check". 

I'm not clear on what he means.  Can someone please help me with this?  Thanks.
He needs to know the strategy.
The only way to do this is connect a secondary device like the "tuner"

Typically you would buy the device (sct /hp tuners programmer) and pull the strategy from the ECU then send that info to torrie and he would check.

Since you're checking to see if a tune is available you may be better off getting an obd2 Bluetooth dongle and download torque on an android device to check.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

glock-coma

I thought the strategy is available to view somewhere in the newer ford dash displays. I'm not positive though.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

SHOdded

See if Forscan Lite will connect to your Flex.  If so, it might show the PCM strategy code.  I have no idea how it does on Ecoboost vehicles, but it shows the strategy on my 2007 Edge no problem.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Zxtman

Thanks for the feedback guys.  I now see I have a couple of options to get Torrie the information he needs. Thanks again.