• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Info needed Catch can system

Started by mcrmb1, March 18, 2019, 07:09:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcrmb1

Has anyone tried one of the TEAM RXP 2019 HEAT EXCHANGED FULL BILLET SERVICEABLE ULTIMATE CATCH CAN SYSTEM yet. Was going to go with the RX DUAL VALVE CATCH CAN FORD FLEX 2009-2019 KIT for $400 dollars. When I went to website and seen the new 2019 model but its $170 dollars more. Was wondering if it's worth the extra money? If there is a better way to go let me know.

Thank You ahead of time
2010 Ford Flex Limited 3.5L Eco-boost Upgraded Timing and water pump to 2012 version

802SHO

I have a UPR Dual Valve Catch Can and I thought that was a lof money for a catch can.  The new RX Hear Exchange Catch Can system is definitely very well developed....heat exchanger to keep crud from freezing in colder climates.  But is it worth nearly $600?  I think of designs like the JLT catch can that are very inexpensive and they do catch oil/fuel vapors...so even cheaper less intricate designs do work.  And then I think about Livernois Motorsports newly released catch can system that is also relatively less involved than even my UPR system and it makes me think, "If a company like Livernois Motorsports and Engineering didn't feel it necessary to construct theirs similar to some of the other most expensive....maybe it isn't necessary." 

Now I'm not saying it doesn't indeed work and perform as advertised I'm just curious if its necessary to "go" that far?  And when a company like Livernois comes out with their version, to me, sort of makes me think its not all that necessary.  Aside from that "theory" it really is hard to know for sure.  But the new 2019 RX kit is certainly a step above as far as engineering and development that went into their kit.  Its like they built a lot that has it all so to speak.  If you do drop the +$500 to get this kit you will certainly have the best kit on the market.  But is it necessary?  For that kind of money, not knowing for sure if it's needed would have me spending that money else where.  IMHO.
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

SM105K

Quote from: 802SHO on March 19, 2019, 05:04:44 AM
I have a UPR Dual Valve Catch Can and I thought that was a lof money for a catch can.  The new RX Hear Exchange Catch Can system is definitely very well developed....heat exchanger to keep crud from freezing in colder climates.  But is it worth nearly $600?  I think of designs like the JLT catch can that are very inexpensive and they do catch oil/fuel vapors...so even cheaper less intricate designs do work.  And then I think about Livernois Motorsports newly released catch can system that is also relatively less involved than even my UPR system and it makes me think, "If a company like Livernois Motorsports and Engineering didn't feel it necessary to construct theirs similar to some of the other most expensive....maybe it isn't necessary." 

Now I'm not saying it doesn't indeed work and perform as advertised I'm just curious if its necessary to "go" that far?  And when a company like Livernois comes out with their version, to me, sort of makes me think its not all that necessary.  Aside from that "theory" it really is hard to know for sure.  But the new 2019 RX kit is certainly a step above as far as engineering and development that went into their kit.  Its like they built a lot that has it all so to speak.  If you do drop the +$500 to get this kit you will certainly have the best kit on the market.  But is it necessary?  For that kind of money, not knowing for sure if it's needed would have me spending that money else where.  IMHO.

I agree 100% with the assessment above.  There are varying designs and all seem to work as advertised. 
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

ZSHO

Quote from: 802SHO on March 19, 2019, 05:04:44 AM

Agreed! Bit Pricey for an OCC and rather spend the extra Funds on an upgraded IC IMO! Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

shoNoff

If you spend $600 on a catch can hit me up. I have some ocean front property in Las Vegas you might interested in for a steal.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

mcrmb1

Well i'm just looking for a way to get the oil and gunk out of my intercooler just want to do it right the first time...what should go with ???
2010 Ford Flex Limited 3.5L Eco-boost Upgraded Timing and water pump to 2012 version

ZSHO

I think MiWiAu has an RXP OCC coming Up for sale IIRC @ Cost!
Shoot him a Pm.  :)
Best of luck to ya. Z

Mid Page

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,299.6165.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

802SHO

Quote from: mcrmb1 on March 19, 2019, 11:54:28 PM
Well i'm just looking for a way to get the oil and gunk out of my intercooler just want to do it right the first time...what should go with ???

If you really want the RX 2019 kit then you should get it if that's what you really want.  We're just saying it's a lot of money to drop on a catch can kit but ultimately its your choice.  All the kits out there do work so its up to you.  I bought the UPR kit and I have no complaints.  Others have bought the Livernois kit or JLT with no complaints as well.  I think it's worth having for sure.  Which one you want is up to you.  Some people think meth alone is enough to clean the intake valves but I still wanted a kit.  It does catch a little.  Not as much as I thought it would but that's good right?  I think bc it cost about $400 I subconsciously expected to see it catch a ton...to somehow justify the price lol.  Well it works so I'm happy. 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.

802SHO

The new GearHead upgraded intercooler not only has more volume but also has a drain....

shoNoff

Quote from: 802SHO on March 20, 2019, 06:28:03 AM
Quote from: mcrmb1 on March 19, 2019, 11:54:28 PM

If you really want the RX 2019 kit then you should get it if that's what you really want.  We're just saying it's a lot of money to drop on a catch can kit but ultimately its your choice.  All the kits out there do work so its up to you.  I bought the UPR kit and I have no complaints.  Others have bought the Livernois kit or JLT with no complaints as well.  I think it's worth having for sure.  Which one you want is up to you.  Some people think meth alone is enough to clean the intake valves but I still wanted a kit.  It does catch a little.  Not as much as I thought it would but that's good right?  I think bc it cost about $400 I subconsciously expected to see it catch a ton...to somehow justify the price lol.  Well it works so I'm happy.

Very well said and basically my exact point minus the jackassery. My dad runs a jlt on his ecoboost mustang great results. Not saying it's the best or worst. To each their own, all are going to perform and do the job they are intended to do.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

mcrmb1

Well my brother's friend gave me one for free and if it don't work good then I will dish out some cash.

Thank You Everyone For The Info.

MiWiAu

Quote from: mcrmb1 on March 20, 2019, 09:43:06 PM
Well my brother's friend gave me one for free and if it don't work good then I will dish out some cash.

Thank You Everyone For The Info.

I put up my RXP two valve system in the classifieds (thanks for the plug Z!) a couple days ago. It is the TIG welded "original" version.

Looking at the RXP website, you can buy the "2019 Upgrade" to retrofit older systems (like mine). Even with the cost of the upgrade, and my system, you'd still be well under the $600 price tag of the new "full" 2019 kit, if that's the direction you end up going.

Good luck, sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport