• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Sunroof won’t close

Started by shoNoff, March 16, 2019, 05:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoNoff

So my it's a nice March day and I decide to open my sunroof. Well I notice when I opened it that it didn't quite slide all the way back. So as I get home I hit the close button. It goes past close to tilted open. I hit the close button again it slides back. I hit the tilt button and it sort tilts up and down but won't close. It seems to me like the motor needs to be initialized. Except I've never disconnected the battery. Anyways does anyone know this procedure? I've found one for an explorer but it did nothing. Do I have to return this to the dealer to be done in scantool?
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

ZSHO

I would try removing the Battery Ground (negative) cable for 30 minutes.

I would also try to rule out a faulty Sunroof Switch Connector!
MOTORCRAFT WPT1164

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=3422664&cc=1503823&jsn=10707

If not there is a Initialization procedure (courtesy) of SHOdded. Z   :)

Roof Opening Panel Motor Initialization

NOTE: A new roof opening panel motor will only vent and must be initialized.

NOTE: The roof opening panel motor must be initialized when repairs are carried out on any part of the roof opening panel system, including: whenever the roof opening panel motor has been removed from the roof opening panel system, the roof opening panel glass has been removed from the roof opening panel system, the roof opening panel assembly has been removed from the vehicle, a new roof opening panel motor has been installed, a new roof opening panel glass has been installed or a new roof opening panel assembly has been installed.
Turn the ignition to the RUN position. For an existing roof opening panel motor, skip to Step 3.
For a new roof opening panel motor, push and hold the tilt switch for 2 seconds after the roof opening panel glass moves to the full VENT position and the motor stalls.
For an existing roof opening panel motor, push and hold the tilt switch until the roof opening panel glass moves to full VENT. Then push and hold the tilt switch until the following actions occur:
The roof opening panel glass motor stalls into a hard stop after approximately 3 seconds.
Then, after motor stalls, continue holding for an additional 5 seconds.
Release the tilt switch and verify successful initialization by carrying out one-touch open, one-touch close and one-touch vent operations.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

shoNoff

Thanks Z you are the best. Also thanks SHOdded. I tried the battery for roughly a min. I will try the procedure in a min to see if I can get that to work. If not I'll reset battery. If that doesn't work it's off to dealerland this week. I need a door switch replaced anyways may as well kill 2 birds. I'd nornally do it myself but I'm down a right hand. Just had surgery on my hand and elbow last week.

shoNoff

The procedure worked perfectly. Thanks Z you are the man

802SHO

Sorry to hear about your hand and elbow.  Wishing you a speedy recovery my friend. 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

shoNoff

Quote from: 802SHO on March 16, 2019, 07:44:11 PM
Sorry to hear about your hand and elbow.  Wishing you a speedy recovery my friend.

Thank you buddy. I should be back to normal in a month or so. I had a nerve relocated in the elbow, some tendons fixed in the hand. And carpal tunnel surgery on the hand. It's been a fantastic week or so being a righty lol. I've been quiet for a bit lots going on at home. Not sure if I told you but wifey is pregnant with kid #1 so been busy with that. Plus with the hand and elbow I've done basically nothing to the car. I couldn't even do my own oil changes it was so bad before I had the surgery.

802SHO

Quote from: shoNoff on March 16, 2019, 07:57:38 PM
Quote from: 802SHO on March 16, 2019, 07:44:11 PM

Thank you buddy. I should be back to normal in a month or so. I had a nerve relocated in the elbow, some tendons fixed in the hand. And carpal tunnel surgery on the hand. It's been a fantastic week or so being a righty lol. I've been quiet for a bit lots going on at home. Not sure if I told you but wifey is pregnant with kid #1 so been busy with that. Plus with the hand and elbow I've done basically nothing to the car. I couldn't even do my own oil changes it was so bad before I had the surgery.

Wow congratulations on the baby!  That's awesome man I'm so happy for you
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

SHOdded

You shoulda had an extra arm grafted in during surgery, you will need it as a new pappy!  Congrats on the impending arrival, and X1000000 on the speedy recovery!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Hoping for a speedy recovery and best of luck with the newborn.  Z   :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

shoNoff

Thanks guys. To say my wife and I are excited would be an understatement. We aren't exactly young to be having our first. But it's worked out this way and everything happens for a reason. She's due end of September so this will be my last summer to play lol. Not sure what the future holds for old SHOmo. Either I keep modding and buy a daily. Or leave it as is and buy something to play. I go back and forth on it daily.

SHOdded

Change is good!  A better future lies ahead, hopefully one that includes the SHO :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!