• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

SHO possibly Total loss

Started by polskifacet, March 15, 2019, 08:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

Damn, sorry to see this Polski....Glad you are OK.

Everybody needs a dash cam!

Money well spent to record accidents, road ragers, and the occasional drag race.

lamrith

Man, that just sux sitting there watching it unfold.  Glad you are ok.  Car can be replaced, was the person that ran the light dui, or just distracted? 

All said and done that was a pretty minor accident compared to what often happens with people running redlights.  All the hits were glancing rather than dead on, full force ones.

I know a bunch of people with dashcams, they catch some amazing things at times.  Stuff like this makes me want one even more.  Since you are running it in a SHO, which one did/do you have?  Do you have one in the tail as well?
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

shaundizzle15

Just seeing this, glad to hear your ok +1 on needing a dash cam after watching this debacle.
Hockey/Golf/Car geek, Beagle loving, and totally comfortable with it.
Tuxedo Black nonPP 2013 SHO traded in
Shadow Black nonPP 2016 SHO
VTA, and tuned by GH

polskifacet

No official info on what the driver was doing, I say phone. I have a Z-EDGE front facing dashcam. It's decent for the money. Insurance is fixing the car so the Polski SHO is just visiting the surgeon. Just ordered a brand spanking new PTU and oem front springs from the PP. The H&Rs settled in and the front is too low. I can't get out of my garage without scraping the middle resonator.

No frame damage is going on the carfax so the adjuster is atleast that cool. The rails aren't crushed just bent so its not really full frame damage.
AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs

polskifacet

Would like some leads on a replacement grille. The OEM grille is $500 so I really want to save some money and just buy the PI grille which is $112. Anything else good quality that won't break the bank?
AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs

802SHO

Quote from: polskifacet on March 18, 2019, 05:32:27 PM
Would like some leads on a replacement grille. The OEM grille is $500 so I really want to save some money and just buy the PI grille which is $112. Anything else good quality that won't break the bank?

The PI grille is the best choice and for $112 it's a steal.  I don't think there are other options for an entire grille replacement.  I belive you can change the mesh on the OEM out like Lamrith did...which looks great!  I think either try to land a used OEM SHO grille or PI.  $500 just seems wayyy too much but if its part of the insurance claim and you like the OEM I would stay with that. 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

SHOdded

Not sure how much this grille costs, but 6500rpm installed it on his Gen V SHO
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Macgyver

Quote from: 802SHO on March 18, 2019, 06:45:00 PM

The PI grille is the best choice and for $112 it's a steal.  I don't think there are other options for an entire grille replacement.  I belive you can change the mesh on the OEM out like Lamrith did...which looks great!  I think either try to land a used OEM SHO grille or PI.  $500 just seems wayyy too much but if its part of the insurance claim and you like the OEM I would stay with that.

So a PI Grill is a direct fit and its all black so you dont have to vinyl wrap that chrome crap !!!!???

What about the lower grill or lack there of for the PI sedan? What options are out there for a Regular SHO ?

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-grille-dg1z8200aa

shoNoff

I can look around tomorrow at work for you and see what I can find. I just have to remember lol.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

Poppa.Deizal

Wow...that could have been so much worse.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

polskifacet

Couple good things coming out of the accident.

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

shoNoff

I called 3 aftermarket companies today no one even listed a grill for a 2013-2018 SHO. According to KSI ford hasn't released the patent. Im not 100% sure on that information though.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

polskifacet

The cost of the PI grille puts $400 towards that new PTU so pretty set on only paying $100 for the PI grille. I'll also record taking the old PTU apart, see the wear points etc for the community.