• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

p0131 p0151 oil useage

Started by avidmotion, May 12, 2019, 12:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

avidmotion

I am getting a P0131 and P0151 codes. I think it may be my rear turbo, coating my O2 sensors.... I use about a half qt of oil every 1800 miles, sometimes more. There is no drip under the car, tail pipes clean, does not smoke at all, not even on start up. The inside of all my intake piping is oily, and at all the joints and wiggle clamps is slightly wet under with oil. I took it to ford, they blamed it on the rear valve cover oil separator, would not cover under certified warranty or emissions, and wanted 850 to do the job! I bought a oil separator system 350 bucks and installed. That took care of the problem for a while but with new intercooler it is back. Oddly the oil separator still catches the same amount, mostly gas smelling oily water. I am due for O2 sensor changes(74,000 miles) and change plugs, I got some sp-542s for it. I am not sure it good idea to change O2 n plugs till I get a new turbo? I cant really afford all this. I found a new rear turbo for 416, plus shipping and Id need the gaskets etc, whatever is needed for install. I might go fight with ford but since they already said no its the oil separator I might be wasting my time, its not close to me etc Not sure what is the best thing to do....ideas?
notes: GH tune shifts anywhere from 6300 to 6600, beating on the little old turbos. Rear turbo makes a squeal sound on hard shifts. Just like wet slipping alternator belts, I changed all pulleys and the belt, it was not it. twice I got the code right after leaving the carwash. Car runs great no symptoms, except as of late, a little surging on part throttle acceleration, clears out on WOT and screams like a freight train....
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

ZSHO

It could be the crankcase ventilation system and oil in exhaust manifold! 
Be prepared for a new rear turbo! Z

The Codes are referencing to the Front primary 02 sensors Bank 1 & 2 .

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

New intercooler?  Is it the Gearhead unit?  If so, have you tried to drain it see what comes out?  That is where I would start.

Def sounds like the rear turbo is giving way, which should show up in pooling oil at the/in the piping.  1/2 quart in 1800 miles is a LOT, unless it is all stopngo driving, and/or you are using a high volatility conventional oil.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

avidmotion

I use Castrol Magnatec 5w -30 with MC FL500S  FILTER. How does the turbo blow oil into the exhaust, a seal or gasket leak, would replacing the oil return line help or fix. The intercooler is only on 3 weeks, the old intercooler had lots of oil in it. I changed my pcv also, was not stuck or plugged....
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

ZSHO

It should be a Gasket seal IIRC! Need to inspect exact location of the leak,similar to the oil return line (tube)- PDF Below..

I would first check to see how much oil has accumulated in the past 3 weeks since new install of CAC (intercooler) and proceed from there. Z

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8JUL90DXgdiWTA0NE1UUG83Q0ExVVc5U1ZEaXUtbXpJTzBr/view?usp=sharing

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|