• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Installed the New Gearhead Intercooler - Easy Peasy

Started by irondoor19, March 11, 2019, 02:15:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irondoor19

So with the Engine out and the front end off (Re-fixing the front end) plus taking it off to install the Gearhead intercooler. Thro some more money at it (yaaaaaa). Took about 30 Minutes max., do not forget to remove the nut clips from the stock intercooler, and install them on the gearhead. You may have to bend the radiator support clips on the gearhead a bit to get the radiator to connect.  At the same time re-installing the three (3) fan set, (moving it closer to the radiator), and that means relocating the Air Inlet Temp Sensor (out of the way of the fan set)....
Added a pic of the lower Fan Set Rail RE-attached
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

lamrith

I love how high up in the air you have the car.  As a tall guy that is often what hurt me (literally) the most in projects is stooping over the car for extended periods.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

irondoor19

Quote from: lamrith on March 11, 2019, 04:40:26 PM
I love how high up in the air you have the car.  As a tall guy that is often what hurt me (literally) the most in projects is stooping over the car for extended periods.

The reason "Stretch" is up so high is the Engine Cradle is on jack stands under the car.
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,