• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Well, this may be it, the last failure. P0301... Blown rings/motor

Started by TopherSho, March 09, 2019, 11:34:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lamrith

Quote from: TopherSho on April 02, 2019, 01:06:20 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on March 31, 2019, 01:55:49 AM
Quote from: TopherSho on March 29, 2019, 06:13:17 PM
miss-diagnosis.  blew#2 rings straight into the pan.   Mechanic thinks the injector failed at load,  filled the cylinder,  phyciscs did the rest.

well so much for this car.  im not putting 7k$ into a car i owe 7k$ on still.  i will just let it rot in the driveway.
What exactly will you spend 14 grand on that is even close to your uber low mileage SHO in luxury and performance?

Edit- I see the wife stepped in, lol.

Not only did she step in she opted for a new remanned block out of washington with a 3 year / 100k ..  So i guess were doing that?   I am shocked honestly.  I was ready to let it all go.. but i think shes too used to having two drivable cars.  She still shot down getting a model-3p though :P

So were about 3 weeks out .. to be continued. 

The block and heads and all will be new,  I have also ordered new water pump, and rubber bits and hot pipes.

so dumb question .. I'm REALLY happy with the Brad-tune i had.  And the new block and setup will be 'newer' and prone to LESS pre-igniton and support better timing with less carbon in the cylinders.  do i REALLY need to rebuild my tune from scratch?
You verify the reman does not have new water pump?  Just seems that water pump is part of the timing chain setup, so I would think for it to be a longblock with timing gear the pump would be remanned also?  I could be wrong, but I would definitely check that before throwing $ at a new pump.  Make sure they replace all the injectors and do not just throw the working old ones back in when they put it all together.  Some dealers will not do that by default and then you eat another motor in 5k miles...

As for Tune, run it bone stock for a while, couple thousand miles maybe?  After that you will want to talk to Brad, new long block and injectors you need to retune it.  It really is a different motor once done.  Honestly it is not that hard to do over the course of a week while driving to work.  I would log my car on the way to and from work (cold temps in morning, warmer in afternoon) and send him the file soon as I got home.  I usually had new tune before I left for work the next day, rinse repeat.  If no tune the next morning I just would not romp on the car until I heard something back from him about how safe it was.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

TopherSho

were keeping the new injectors, i will check on the pump.

I hate re-tuning :( /sigh/  oh well 1st world problems :P
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

TopherSho

New motor is in, and out of nowhere the wife is forcing the issue with the route-66 warranty company.... Result

My car remains at the shop while she argues the company that tried to refuse to fix my sunscreen and ptu for a week... Sigh.

2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!