• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Changing the wheel set up.

Started by TimmyATL, March 07, 2019, 01:37:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimmyATL

On H&R springs. Will a 275/40R20 on a 20x8.5 +40 offset clear up front?  YES OR NO
I know it should be on 20x9 but my current wheels do not come in 20x9

Thanks yall
13 SHO PP, Airaid intake, 170 T-stat, 3bar map sensor, Ecopower Parts hot side pipes, Turbosmart 7lb wastegate actuators, Stainless Works catted downpipes, Corsa cat back exhaust with Loudvalves exhaust dumps, Alky Control Meth Injection, LMS Dyno Meth tune. TSW Nurburgring  with NItto NTO5

lamrith

Quote from: TimmyATL on March 07, 2019, 01:37:55 PM
On H&R springs. Will a 275/40R20 on a 20x8.5 +40 offset clear up front?  YES OR NO
I know it should be on 20x9 but my current wheels do not come in 20x9

Thanks yall
Mine were: 20x9.5 Offset 40.  Being they were wider and I have no clearance issues, your narrower 8.5 should be fine in regards to clearance. 

That said as you mentioned, 8.5 is too narrow for 275, pretty sure the tire Mfg's will require 9 or 9.5" min width, some shops will not even mount them on narrower wheels.  Going too narrow will mess with the tire shape and shoulder.  Maybe check for wider 9.5" wheels rather than narrower 8.5, I know the wheels I went with were not available in 9" either, but they had 8.5 and 9.5.  The 9.5 will work and look great.

Definitely enter the wheel options in this, it is great for giving you an idea how width and offset will move the wheel and tire combo.
https://www.willtheyfit.com/
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

TimmyATL

They do not come in a 9.5 only a 10. Since it will be a radial M/T ET S/S and only used for the track and Mexico I am going to just put them on the 8.5 and let it eat. I work for a Dealer so installing them is no problem.
13 SHO PP, Airaid intake, 170 T-stat, 3bar map sensor, Ecopower Parts hot side pipes, Turbosmart 7lb wastegate actuators, Stainless Works catted downpipes, Corsa cat back exhaust with Loudvalves exhaust dumps, Alky Control Meth Injection, LMS Dyno Meth tune. TSW Nurburgring  with NItto NTO5

SHOdded

As long as the tire is wider than the wheel, it should clear,given that you are using the same offset.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!