• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

BLIS Fault issue

Started by fitnesstrainermd, May 03, 2019, 09:08:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fitnesstrainermd

Weird thing happened I'm hoping isn't an electrical issue.  Driving to work this morning and the BLIS Fault alarm went off.  At the same time, the AC stopped working properly and started blowing hot air through the front defrost vents.  I couldn't turn off the AC and the BLIS kept alerting to a fault.  This is the second time this has happened in the last 2 weeks.  The first occurred about two weeks ago and the same issues happened but the Navigation Fault also alerted on the first occurrence.  Any idea whats going on?  2013 SHO PP.
2013 SHO PP, black, PPE Catted Downpipes, Magnaflo catback exhaust, Gearhead 93 tune, SP-542 plugs, EPP noisemaker eliminator pipe, MDesign CAI, 3-Bar,

SHOdded

When was the battery last changed/checked on your SHO?  High pressure carwash or heavy rains prior to these events being triggered?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

fitnesstrainermd

It's been a while since I last changed the battery.  Got the car washed last week but didn't trigger any faults.  I just can't seem to understand why 3 separate functions would all show a fault simultaneously if they are not on the same sensor.  I will have the battery checked today to see if its low.  Additionally, just checked on the car and it is back to normal.
2013 SHO PP, black, PPE Catted Downpipes, Magnaflo catback exhaust, Gearhead 93 tune, SP-542 plugs, EPP noisemaker eliminator pipe, MDesign CAI, 3-Bar,

SHOdded

Def check battery.  If it proves out good, chalk the BLIS/navigation up to water intrusion, or wet grounds for now, and keep watch. 

Does the A/C blow hot only at low speeds vs idle?  Both sides or only one side?  Refrigerant level might need to be checked.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

fitnesstrainermd

Roger.  the A/C blows hot at through the defrost only and regardless if im moving or stopped at a light.  After I park the car and checked 30 min later, the problem was gone and everything is now working as it should.

SHOdded

I blame the battery LOL