• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2013 XSport - DTC P0016 - Camshaft Position Correlation, Bank 1

Started by MiWiAu, March 05, 2019, 10:07:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

It won't really save time with the intercooler install, unless the shop is taking out the engine to do the timing/pump work (i.e., not the factory way).  Then it definitely makes sense to do the IC at the same time.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

MiWiAu

So, I've got a rattle on cold start coming from front passenger side. I never heard this until AFTER my timing chain replacement (less than 2k miles ago). I haven't noticed the noise after it has warmed up.

Thoughts?

https://youtu.be/rB__R-5hyY0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

SHOdded

Sounds terrible.  What all did they replace?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

MiWiAu

Quote from: SHOdded on May 06, 2019, 01:07:08 PM
Sounds terrible

LOL. Good thought. Think it could be timing chain rattle? Not sure exactly what timing chain rattle sounds like, but I would guess something like this...

2013 XSport

SHOdded

Did you post the invoice of the repair work?  I would like to see what all they changed out.  Strange the noise goes away after warmup.  Sure you have put 5W30 in there?  Belts and tensioner look OK? Motorcraft oil filter in use?

MiWiAu

Quote from: SHOdded on May 06, 2019, 02:27:01 PM
Did you post the invoice of the repair work?  I would like to see what all they changed out.  Strange the noise goes away after warmup.  Sure you have put 5W30 in there?  Belts and tensioner look OK? Motorcraft oil filter in use?

Post 33 has the estimate with all the parts. I'll have to check the repair order to see if they specify the oil type used. The replaces the oil and coolant after the repair. I haven't changed the fluids since the repair.

I just left town for work, so I won't be able to do anything with it until Friday.

2013 XSport

ZSHO

Quote from: MiWiAu on May 06, 2019, 06:16:05 PM
Quote from: SHOdded on May 06, 2019, 02:27:01 PM

Post 33 has the estimate with all the parts. I'll have to check the repair order to see if they specify the oil type used. The replaces the oil and coolant after the repair. I haven't changed the fluids since the repair.

I just left town for work, so I won't be able to do anything with it until Friday.

The sound really troubles me!
I would make an Appt ASAP with mentioned symptoms.  Z

Repair bill Middle of page!
https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,9785.30.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

K so they did main timing chain, coolant pump, phasers and solenoids.  They did not do tensioners and guides, or secondary chains.  Tensioners and guides are always recommended to be done at the same time.

Anyway, here is the official list of parts involved in the timing system

17   AT4Z-6268-C   Timing Chain
EXPLORER; PRIMARY

$68.07   $46.97   
17   7T4Z-6268-CA   Timing Chain
EXPLORER; SECONDARY; W/ TURBO

$23.48   $16.20   
18   7T4Z-6K254-AA   Tensioner
EXPLORER; W/ TURBO; SECONDARY; RIGHT

$42.37   $29.23   
18   7T4Z-6K254-BA   Tensioner
EXPLORER; W/ TURBO; SECONDARY; LEFT

$50.85   $35.09   
18   BA5Z-6L266-B   Tensioner
EXPLORER; W/ TURBO; PRIMARY

$37.15   $25.63   
19   BA5Z-6B274-A   Tensioner Arm
EXPLORER; W/ TURBO; LEFT

$23.43   $16.17   
19   BA5Z-6K255-A   Tensioner Arm
EXPLORER; W/ TURBO; RIGHT

$22.67   $15.64   
20   BA5Z-6M256-A   Chain Guide
EXPLORER; W/ TURBO; PRIMARY CHAIN; RIGHT

$12.08   $8.34   
20   BA5Z-6K297-B   Chain Guide
EXPLORER; W/ TURBO; PRIMARY CHAIN; LEFT

$12.32   $8.50   

7T4Z-6M280-C   Control Valve Solenoid
EXPLORER; W/ TURBO

$83.37   $57.52   

minus the cam/crank sprockets.

MiWiAu

So, I've heard that Ford repairs come with a 24 month warranty? If that's true, does the work have to be done by the original servicing dealer, or can it be any Ford/Lincoln dealer?

Looks like I have some leg work to do when I get back from my trip. :(

2013 XSport

SHOdded

Parts come with a 2 yr/unlimited mileage warranty.

At my dealer, service warranty is 3 months/4,000 miles.  IDK if it is transferable.  You should pursue with the servicing dealer, then take it up the ladder to Ford if necessary, before attempting a second servicing dealer.

MiWiAu

I've been in contact with the dealer. The truck will be making another trip early next week for evaluation. They confirmed parts and labor associated to my prior repair are covered 24 months, unlimited mileage.

I'll keep you posted on what they find.

2013 XSport

SHOdded

MiWiAu

Update: The rattle was diagnosed today as a bad belt tensioner and is being replaced under my new ESP for the $100 deductible.

2013 XSport

SHOdded

MiWiAu

Quote from: SHOdded on May 14, 2019, 05:16:53 PM
timing tensioner?

I believe he was referring to the serpentine belt tensioner. Will confirm shortly when I pick up.

I'm a bit skeptical, but trying hard to give them the benefit of the doubt. Worst case, I bring it back tomorrow...

2013 XSport