• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2013 XSport - DTC P0016 - Camshaft Position Correlation, Bank 1

Started by MiWiAu, March 05, 2019, 10:07:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ebutler92

How long have you been running with your BOV dumping to atmosphere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MiWiAu

Quote from: ebutler92 on March 12, 2019, 03:20:22 PM

About 2.5 years / 45k miles. The blow-off is pre-metered air on the EcoBoost, so it won't cause any runability problems like it can on other turbo layouts.

Frankly, I'll probably just leave the BOV hoses on after I reinstall them tonight.

The release is quite loud with both the front and rear hoses removed (rear points directly at firewall). If you want a more muted effect in the cabin, you can remove just the front one.
2013 XSport

SM105K

Quote from: MiWiAu on March 12, 2019, 03:36:17 PM
Quote from: ebutler92 on March 12, 2019, 03:20:22 PM

About 2.5 years / 45k miles. The blow-off is pre-metered air on the EcoBoost, so it won't cause any runability problems like it can on other turbo layouts.

Frankly, I'll probably just leave the BOV hoses on after I reinstall them tonight.

The release is quite loud with both the front and rear hoses removed (rear points directly at firewall). If you want a more muted effect in the cabin, you can remove just the front one.

I vented mine to atmosphere within the first 24 hours of owning my SHO.  I love how quiet the car is overall, and when you want to give someone the business give them the BOV's!  lol.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

ebutler92

Well an update. Glad I took my xsport to my friend shop rather than ford. Did a leak test with the smoke machine finding the rear bov was stuck open. Took it apart and found the rear had a blown diaphragm. This is most likely the cause of my stutter and issues. Much easier fix than the timing chain. Will update after replacement of both

MiWiAu

Was reinstalling my BOV plumbing and noticed the dealer left the boost reference line disconnected, which explains the noise and erratic BOV discharges. Reconnected it and tightened the charge pipe retaining nut that they left loose, and I seem to be back in business for the time being.

I hope the attention to detail on the internal work exceeded that of the external work.

Quote from: ebutler92 on March 12, 2019, 08:21:47 PM
Well an update. Glad I took my xsport to my friend shop rather than ford. Did a leak test with the smoke machine finding the rear bov was stuck open. Took it apart and found the rear had a blown diaphragm. This is most likely the cause of my stutter and issues.

Thanks for the update! Hope this gets you sorted!

2013 XSport

SHOdded

Quote from: ebutler92 on March 12, 2019, 08:21:47 PM
Well an update. Glad I took my xsport to my friend shop rather than ford. Did a leak test with the smoke machine finding the rear bov was stuck open. Took it apart and found the rear had a blown diaphragm. This is most likely the cause of my stutter and issues. Much easier fix than the timing chain. Will update after replacement of both
Fingers crossed, that is all it is. One step at a time :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ebutler92

Under further investigation the oil smell was in fact from the PTU leaking on the exhaust. That's out and being freshened up as well.

ebutler92

MiWiAu

Quote from: ebutler92 on March 13, 2019, 02:46:01 PM

Super interesting. Were you down on power as well?

Just curious, did you have your BOV vented to atmosphere? If so, did it make a horrendous noise under boost with the ruptured diaphragm?

If it had the original plumbing hooked up, I'm wondering how it was caught with a smoke test, since it would essentially be closed loop at that point.

2013 XSport

ebutler92

Never did the vent to atmosphere thing. Never interested me. Cold air provided enough sound to satisfy my needs. But anyway, we pulled off the recirculation tube that then BOV's are mounted to and plugged both ends and port. It should have been a closed loop and no smoke should escape. Except the bov for the rear was stuck open allowing smoke to pour out. That's why we took it apart and discovered the bad diaphragm

MiWiAu

Quote from: ebutler92 on March 13, 2019, 03:36:14 PM
Never did the vent to atmosphere thing. Never interested me. Cold air provided enough sound to satisfy my needs. But anyway, we pulled off the recirculation tube that then BOV's are mounted to and plugged both ends and port. It should have been a closed loop and no smoke should escape. Except the bov for the rear was stuck open allowing smoke to pour out. That's why we took it apart and discovered the bad diaphragm

Nice. That makes sense. Thanks for clarifying!

2013 XSport

ebutler92

Sorry, to answer the other question. Yes it was down on power.

10bird

My 2013 SHO is getting the P0016.  It has 97K so it probably needs a new chain.  Are there any upgrades that could be done at the same time to save labor? Would installing an intercooler be easier if done at the same time?

nickstewartroc

Quote from: 10bird on March 18, 2019, 09:56:14 AM
My 2013 SHO is getting the P0016.  It has 97K so it probably needs a new chain.  Are there any upgrades that could be done at the same time to save labor? Would installing an intercooler be easier if done at the same time?

Should replace your water pump while in there, and while you have it apart probably a good time for the intercooler as well!
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune