• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

BENDIX & WAGNER Rotors!

Started by ZSHO, March 01, 2019, 05:45:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

I was looking for a set of Rotors to compliment the newly acquired HAWK-5.0  Carbon Ferro-Carbon compound brake pads and found a couple of Good Quality Performance Rotors without having to break the bank..

The WAGNER Rotors are made from cast iron,while the BENDIX are made from ACP, Alloyed-Carbon Performance castings!
I believe Both Rotors have the Vane design feature which provides greater cooling capabilities @ a similar price point.  Z

Both Rotors Replace Original (OE) Part # DG1Z1125C

A precision cut finish of the outer diameter prevents improper balance issues that can result in a loss of vehicle control
A smooth finish aids in the proper seating of the friction resulting in less time needed for pad "break-in"
A unique vane design provides greater cooling capabilities resulting in increased stopping power and decreased noise, vibration and harshness
E-Shield coating is applied to all non-braking surfaces which prevents corrosion and is visually attractive
Tighter tolerance specifications reduce thickness variation and lateral run-out to ensure a balanced rotor that reduces pedal pulsation and extends pad life
Wagner utilizes a combination of premium grade iron, a stringent casting process and a controlled manufacturing environment which results in superior braking performance.

Bolt Circle Diameter (IN)   4.500
Construction   Full Cast
Disc Finish   Directional
Height (in)   1.850
Material   Cast Iron
Nominal Thickness (in)   1.264
Outside Diameter (in)   13.858
Rust Resistant Coating   Yes
Slotted   No

WAGNER BD180535E

https://www.fme-cat.com/overlays/part-detail.aspx?brandId=WB&pNum=BD180535E&partType=Disc%20Brake%20Rotor

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=6439056&cc=1503823&jsn=541

The Bendix are madeBuilt to withstand severe duty performance demands with superior thermal stability and strength
SurfaceLok™ Coating is heat resistant and extends rotor life by limiting corrosion build-up
OEM driven machining specifications allow smooth pad-to-rotor contact, improving pedal response for safe driving in all conditions
Made from alloyed carbon performance rotor castings.

BENDIX SDR6201

https://www.carid.com/bendix/fleet-metlok-premium-severe-duty-front-brake-rotor-mpn-sdr6201.html#specifications

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=7480876&cc=1503823&jsn=579

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Moisme33

I have the bendix rotors on my SHO for the past 2000+ miles and have had no trouble at all. Helped stop me a few times this winter in Cleveland, Ohio. Plus there is a bendix plant about 25 minutes west of Cleveland so I figured I would support local haha.

StinkinLinkin13

Both solid choices.... I personally/professionally would go with Bendix.
Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

Agentlongwood

I don't have experience with those brands, but I would throw EBC into the ring.  EBC does make blank rotors as well as the fancy looking slotted ones.  I like them because they are hard core about quality control.  Don't know if they tread into "Break the bank" territory, but I expect they'd be pricier than Bendix and Wagner, even for blank rotors.  Check it out, their page is interesting enough to read through.  I'm running their slotted rotors and pads.  https://ebcbrakes.com/product/premium-oe-rotors/
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

ToMang07

I've had Wagners warp on me.  Different car,  but IIRC they were only 2-3 years old. 

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

~Tom~
2013 SHO - Stage 3 Snow Performance Meth, (2) SCT X4 with Unleashed, 3 Bar Map, MSD Ignition Coils w/Colder Plugs 170*TS, EcoPowerParts Hot Pipes & Tial-Q BOV) Stage 3 Motorsports Catless Downpipes 3" Cat-Back Exhaust, JLT Oil Separator, H&R Sport Springs, K&N CAI, Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/EBC Pads

ZSHO

I appreciate all the replies from above and after much research might go with the ACDELCO Specialty Police Rotors .Z
[18A2946PV]

Damped iron metallurgy reduces noise and dissipates heat
Enhanced vane configuration increases air flow, providing a consistent low temperature throughout the rotor
Fast recovery rate from friction heating after brakes have been applied
Significant reduction of brake fade at high temperatures
A polymer coating acts as armor against the elements to help reduce corrosion
Mill balanced to reduce vibration

Bolt Hole Quantity   5
Outside Diameter (in)   13.8
Slotted   No
Bolt Circle Diameter (IN)   4.5
Construction   Full Cast
Material   Cast Iron
Nominal Thickness (in)   1.260
Surface Type   Smooth
Height (in)   1.8
ABS Sensor Ring Included   No
Solid Or Vented Type Rotor   Vented
Lug Quantity   5

Driving Style: Daily Driver, Hauling & Towing, Performance / Racing
Rotor Design: Rotors Only
Rotor Construction: 1-Piece
Rotor Style: Slotted
Rotor Material: Cast Iron
Rotor Finish: Turned
Rotor Type: Vented
Rotor Diameter: 345mm (13.58")
Rotor Height: 38.1mm (1.5")
Nominal Thickness: 18.999mm (0.748")
Lug Holes Quantity: 5
Bolt Circle: 114.3mm (4.5")

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2013,taurus,3.5l+v6+turbocharged,1503823,brake+&+wheel+hub,rotor,1896

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

New ACDelco Specialty Performance Rear Rotors arrived today safe and sound!  :)  Still waiting for the Fronts. Z

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=9167072&cc=1503823&jsn=60

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

r1crusher

I'm now in need for new stoppers as the power stops I installed over 40k miles ago have finally gone bye bye.  I want to to a different route as I was please with the power stops except when they were cold.  I wonder how these rotors would work with a set of EBC Red pad.
'13 SHO, AJP Tune w/ 3-Bar
'17 F-250 6.7 PowerStroke
'17 XSport

SHOdded

If you want to go EBCs, skip red, go straight to Yellow (or Orange if available).
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

New Front Rotors arrived today safely snug as a bug.  :)
They seem pretty Beefy IMO and hopefully will have them installed by next week.  Z

lamrith

Cool looking rotors Z!  Be interesting to see how they do for you.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

mval

interesting design as a fan of ebc slotted. i assume the cut outs are for better cooling,but wonder how the effect the integrity of the rotor. is the black mounting side will stay black, nice touch. unlike the ebc's that came in black but was on the surface & wore off immediately.
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

ZSHO

I'm hoping they perform as well as they look along with the Hawk 5.0 brake pads. I appreciate the kind words from ^^^. Z   :)

r1crusher

Hey Z...did you compare the 5.0 pads vs. the LTS?  If so why the decision to go with the 5.0?

Just looking at the pad characteristics it looks like the LTS would give you greater thermal range and minimally sacrifice some noise.  All the other characteristics were basically identical.
'13 SHO, AJP Tune w/ 3-Bar
'17 F-250 6.7 PowerStroke
'17 XSport