• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Gearhead and LMS E30 Tunes Dyno

Started by StealBlueSho, February 27, 2019, 09:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Quote from: sm105k on February 28, 2019, 01:58:03 PM
Quote from: ClearwaterSHO on February 28, 2019, 01:48:09 PM
Quote from: 802SHO on February 28, 2019, 01:45:57 PM
Ok.  I asked because I would like to think even a potent 93 tune would net you under a 13.  Based on the time alone it sounded like something wasnt quite right.  Hopefully you get it sorted out.  Your E30 tune for sure will beat the 93 tune but 93 should have done better.

Yea, I thought so too. I was honestly expecting to be close to what my E30 tune ran before the IC with the 93, but I guess I was over ambitious about it. Won't be able to run the 1/4 again until March 16th. I'll be able to go to the 1/8th mile next Wednesday, but it's going to be cool out and I'm not sure the stock HPFP can keep up with the E30 tune in 40-50 degree weather.

You should be stable with the fuel pressure in 40-50 degree weather.  I was with a little more wiggle room.

Depends on the tune and the car...

creepmuzik

Quote from: BJSHO on February 28, 2019, 12:38:49 PM
Quote from: creepmuzik on February 28, 2019, 12:37:31 PM
Looking forward to track results.  Gonna be running mine in about 2 weeks, this time I'll make sure I had good fuel, lol.

Well HELLO Ben! I see you have finally made your way to the forums. Welcome! Make sure to post an introduction as well!

Hey guys, lol.  I've actually been a member for about 2 years.  Just pop in for research mostly.  Where do I do an intro post at?
2014 SHO non-PP Tuxedo Black
GH E30, GH IC, Xdi-35 HPFP, PPE catted DPs, J2 Fab Dual Inlet CAI, MSD Coils, H&R Springs, Torque Mounts, JLT Catch Can, Oil Cap Breather w/front vent delete, EPP Noisemaker Delete, NITTO NT555s on stock Flowers
PB: 12.1 @ 112 mph - DA 0-200 [w/Airaid CAI and before IC]

StealBlueSho

Quote from: creepmuzik on February 28, 2019, 02:00:05 PM
Looking forward to track results.  Gonna be running mine in about 2 weeks, this time I'll make sure I had good fuel, lol.

Well HELLO Ben! I see you have finally made your way to the forums. Welcome! Make sure to post an introduction as well!

Hey guys, lol.  I've actually been a member for about 2 years.  Just pop in for research mostly.  Where do I do an intro post at?

New Member Introductions on the forum page at the top.

ClearwaterSHO

Quote from: BJSHO on February 28, 2019, 01:59:23 PM
Quote from: sm105k on February 28, 2019, 01:58:03 PM
Quote from: ClearwaterSHO on February 28, 2019, 01:48:09 PM
Quote from: 802SHO on February 28, 2019, 01:45:57 PM
Ok.  I asked because I would like to think even a potent 93 tune would net you under a 13.  Based on the time alone it sounded like something wasnt quite right.  Hopefully you get it sorted out.  Your E30 tune for sure will beat the 93 tune but 93 should have done better.

Yea, I thought so too. I was honestly expecting to be close to what my E30 tune ran before the IC with the 93, but I guess I was over ambitious about it. Won't be able to run the 1/4 again until March 16th. I'll be able to go to the 1/8th mile next Wednesday, but it's going to be cool out and I'm not sure the stock HPFP can keep up with the E30 tune in 40-50 degree weather.

You should be stable with the fuel pressure in 40-50 degree weather.  I was with a little more wiggle room.

Depends on the tune and the car...

Well, I did some logging last night and I was at 2k on the Fuel Pressure. I'm not great at reading logs, so I'm not sure what other fuel pressure numbers you need to look at.
2013 NON-PP SHO Tuxedo Black
Unleashed 3 Bar Tune -12.865 @ 106.5
AJP POWERED Tune - 12.59 @ 108.?

Mods: GH Intercooler, E30 Tune by AJPTurbo, SW Catless DP's, H&R Springs, MSD Coils (Is this a mod?)

SM105K

Yes all cars are different.  I digress, mine is stable yours might not be. 
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

ZSHO

Quote from: creepmuzik on February 28, 2019, 02:00:05 PM

Welcome Creepmuzik! INTRO is on the below link.  Z   :)

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

4sfed

Quote from: sm105k on February 28, 2019, 11:43:30 AM
My car didn't make any more HP or TQ with the GH IC.  It made the almost the same, but with less boost.  Brad and I seem agree that my turbos are getting tired, and the new intercooler is making them work harder because of how efficient and how much volume it flows. The IC works, I have a boost problem.

I'm assuming the ATP turbo upgrade would do it, but...would upgrading the impellers be enough?
2015 SHO, GH E30 tune, GH intercooler, 3 bar, SP542's, PPE Cat'd DP's, XDI-35, H&R springs, AD Gen2 mounts
Factory Five Mark III, 2004 Mach I donor (gone)
2003 Mustang Cobra 'vert, 456 rwhp, with mods (gone)
2002 MB C32 AMG (gone)
1997 Cobra 'vert, Vortech'd (gone)

SM105K

I think a compressor/impeller upgrade may be on the horizon.  I can't be completely rule them out. 
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

StealBlueSho

Quote from: 4sfed on February 28, 2019, 03:32:55 PM
My car didn't make any more HP or TQ with the GH IC.  It made the almost the same, but with less boost.  Brad and I seem agree that my turbos are getting tired, and the new intercooler is making them work harder because of how efficient and how much volume it flows. The IC works, I have a boost problem.

I'm assuming the ATP turbo upgrade would do it, but...would upgrading the impellers be enough?

So, ATPs are nice, but the wastegate it comes with is not correct for our application from what I understand. I know one guy who had to make some major adjustments to get it right, and he still isn't happy with it. The only people who don't have those issues are the LMS installed ATPs. They order them with a different wastegate setup, however, they won't tell me which wastegate they order them with.

EDIT: They don't order them from ATP with any different setup, as I just spoke with ATP 2 minutes ago. They only offer them one way. So whatever adjustments are made, happens after they ship by Livernois.

802SHO

And let me guess the only way to get them is an in house install?  What about GH turbos?  Are they ready for sale yet?
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

StealBlueSho

Quote from: 802SHO on February 28, 2019, 05:42:09 PM
And let me guess the only way to get them is an in house install?  What about GH turbos?  Are they ready for sale yet?

No, not yet..I'm working on getting my shop to get a quote for them from Gearhead. If we can make the time line work, then the shop will add some margin to it, but then the turbos and labor will be under warranty.

In short... I have a quote from LMS and working a Gearhead quote...

Jordan

Quote from: BJSHO on February 28, 2019, 05:10:37 PM
Quote from: 4sfed on February 28, 2019, 03:32:55 PM

So, ATPs are nice, but the wastegate it comes with is not correct for our application from what I understand. I know one guy who had to make some major adjustments to get it right, and he still isn't happy with it. The only people who don't have those issues are the LMS installed ATPs. They order them with a different wastegate setup, however, they won't tell me which wastegate they order them with.

EDIT: They don't order them from ATP with any different setup, as I just spoke with ATP 2 minutes ago. They only offer them one way. So whatever adjustments are made, happens after they ship by Livernois.

To be fair he was having crazy wastegates issues to his stock turbos before the ATP turbos upgrade as well.
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

StealBlueSho

Updated dyno graph with LMS best vs GH best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

802SHO

Its nice to see the comparisons on the same graph...it looks like Livernois was your stock file and GH when you are tuned...its that much of a difference between the two tunes.  I think that's very interesting and again shows how much can either be left on the table or as much as possible utilized from the same recipe of parts with the only exception being the tune.  Cool stuff.  And Livernois is very potent and safe so no discredit to them.  These are both great companies.

I'm assuming you will be doing another dyno comparison when you upgrade your SHO further in late April?
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

StealBlueSho

Quote from: 802SHO on March 15, 2019, 05:58:05 AM
Its nice to see the comparisons on the same graph...it looks like Livernois was your stock file and GH when you are tuned...its that much of a difference between the two tunes.  I think that's very interesting and again shows how much can either be left on the table or as much as possible utilized from the same recipe of parts with the only exception being the tune.  Cool stuff.  And Livernois is very potent and safe so no discredit to them.  These are both great companies.

I'm assuming you will be doing another dyno comparison when you upgrade your SHO further in late April?

No, I would need to schedule time to drive to LMS for a custom tune. After the turbos and downpipes it will be GH tuned for the foreseeable future unless I want to drive to LMS for a tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk